Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 236
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren,Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    vCash
    1500
    I think we stay with Palmer and add another veteran and a guy late in the draft. As much as i would love to see Pryor step in and be like RG3 and Cam Newton it just doesn't seem like the coaches have the confidence in him. We rely way too much on passing the ball right now. If we had a better cordinator with the will to want to actually run the ball this discussion doesn't take place. Yeah Palmer makes some mistakes but all QB's that throw as much as he does have just about the same. Then add the fact that we have stone hands a second year guy and two rookies catching the ball and that doesn't help the situation.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    551
    vCash
    1500
    ^ I disagree that anyone that throws the ball that many times will throw as much bad balls as him. Brady, Manning, Flacco, Aarron, Shaub...Im sure you could put more in there but if we keep Palmer hey whatever we have been bad for long time we can only improve ...

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    Frankly, Palmer will be a much better QB if they throw the ball substantially fewer times in a game.

    The Raiders, IMO, should try to get one of those 'younger' QB's - specifically Cousins, IMO - for a moderate draft pick, say a 3rd or so. Cousins can sit behind Palmer for a year or two, get into the system, get used to his teammates, get used to playing on the West Coast - whatever.

    Then, in 2014 or so, you've got a 25 year old Qb who knows what they're doing, has the maturity to deal with whatever comes up... and you're in a position to succeed for a long time.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,803
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=HawaiiStyle;24676391]as long as vick stays far away from our squad im fine with it.[/QUOTE
    Agreed, as well as Matt Flynn and Alex Smith....

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,650
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Frankly, Palmer will be a much better QB if they throw the ball substantially fewer times in a game.

    The Raiders, IMO, should try to get one of those 'younger' QB's - specifically Cousins, IMO - for a moderate draft pick, say a 3rd or so. Cousins can sit behind Palmer for a year or two, get into the system, get used to his teammates, get used to playing on the West Coast - whatever.

    Then, in 2014 or so, you've got a 25 year old Qb who knows what they're doing, has the maturity to deal with whatever comes up... and you're in a position to succeed for a long time.
    Do you think the Redskins would trade Cousins for a third round pick?... He was a fourth round pick last year and looked good in his limited playing time. So you would think his stock has increased.

    And considering they picked him after they already picked RG3... that would lead us to believe that they considered him a steal at round 4 and thus needed to draft him.

    It would take at least a 2nd round pick IMO to get Cousins.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^^and we ain't got no 2nd this year........yet......

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    1500
    ^ a 2nd round pick for an unproven player who was drafted in the 4th? No thanks!
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^^concur....we have too many holes, and QB ain't one of'em IMO.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,799
    vCash
    1500
    Quarterback is our least priority by far this off season and I don't think we should nor do I think we will entertain any offers, present any offers, nor draft a quarterback. We are good at that position. If we waste our third on an unproven 2nd year guy or draft a rookie, we lose out on a starter on defense IMO.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    ^^^^^concur....we have too many holes, and QB ain't one of'em IMO.
    Between college, pre-season, his early season experience, the fact that he spends an unGodly amount of time at the facilities working with offensive coaches to prepare every week...

    I'm going to call it. This is not Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel.

    Mark my words - Kirk Cousins is going to have a very long, very productive career. I'd like for that to happen in Oakland.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^we have too many holes that need fixed right now. QB isn't the glaring need(s), much like DL, OL, S, CB, and to a certain extent, RB, are.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    ^^^^we have too many holes that need fixed right now. QB isn't the glaring need(s), much like DL, OL, S, CB, and to a certain extent, RB, are.
    In football you have two kinds of holes - holes at QB, and holes anywhere else.

    I like Palmer. I've liked Palmer for a long time. You know what? I liked Campbell, Russell and Culpepper, too.

    (Never McCown. What a scrub! The reincarnation of Donald Hollis - and don't get me started on that metal mouthed bastard!)

    I am increasingly DESPERATE to get a QB - THE QB - who can lead this team forward.

    After the past decade, it's time for Oakland to go the Green Bay and Indianapolis route -- Favre / Rodgers; Manning to Luck.

    Time to get someone who can sit behind Palmer, or better yet, unseat him as the starter.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,539
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    ^^^^we have too many holes that need fixed right now. QB isn't the glaring need(s), much like DL, OL, S, CB, and to a certain extent, RB, are.
    I don't want the Raiders to part with Carson because I feel with the right coach hired he can ball out here for a year or two while he teaches the next kid the ropes.

    I've been asking myself what would it take for Reggie to get decent compensation for Palmer? Is a 3rd round pick enough to maybe a team like the Cardinals?

    Because for all we know Reggie see's a QB in this draft he'd like to take and possible start. There's also guys like Matt Flynn or Alex Smith Reggie could be interested in as the short term if Palmer's traded but still...I don't like that at all. Only reason Alex Smith was playing well because of Jim Harbaugh. Flynn is a huge wildcard.

    I think Palmer has the tools and the leadership to get it done with a better Oc/playcaller. I look at a guy like Ken Whisenhunt, who would love the chance to build up his name again by working with a vet like Palmer at this point. It's a great fit in the sense that he'll reel Palmer in a bit while also dialing up a play here and there to mix things up.

    Another guy I think would be good and possibly better (although I doubt Reggie could pry him away) is Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi, related to of course the great Vince Lombardi. He's been around as Brees QB coach for 4 years. That's a guy who's going to get a chance to call an offense whether it be for the Saints next year or somewhere else. All depends on if Carmichael stays or goes for a HC job in college. Who knows.

    But I'd sure like to see Palmer lead this team with someone besides Greg Knapp calling the plays. I doubt they can replace his production next year if he goes.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 12-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I don't want the Raiders to part with Carson because I feel with the right coach hired he can ball out here for a year or two while he teaches the next kid the ropes.

    I've been asking myself what would it take for Reggie to get decent compensation for Palmer? Is a 3rd round pick enough to maybe a team like the Cardinals?

    Because for all we know Reggie see's a QB in this draft he'd like to take and possible start. There's also guys like Matt Flynn or Alex Smith Reggie could be interested in as the short term if Palmer's traded but still...I don't like that at all. Only reason Alex Smith was playing well because of Jim Harbaugh. Flynn is a huge wildcard.

    I think Palmer has the tools and the leadership to get it done with a better Oc/playcaller. I look at a guy like Ken Whisenhunt, who would love the chance to build up his name again by working with a vet like Palmer at this point. It's a great fit in the sense that he'll reel Palmer in a bit while also dialing up a play here and there to mix things up.

    Another guy I think would be good and possibly better (although I doubt Reggie could pry him away) is Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi, related to of course the great Vince Lombardi. He's been around as Brees QB coach for 4 years. That's a guy who's going to get a chance to call an offense whether it be for the Saints next year or somewhere else. All depends on if Carmichael stays or goes for a HC job in college. Who knows.

    But I'd sure like to see Palmer lead this team with someone besides Greg Knapp calling the plays. I doubt they can replace his production next year if he goes.
    Every coach who works with Brees looks like a genius. It's not the coach, it's the unique talents of Brees.

    To be honest, I've been dying to start talking coordinators, lol.

    Norv Turner, Chan Gailey and Marty Mornhinweg are three of the 'big' name coordinators who could be available after this season. Turner is the 'best' - Gailey is the most creative... Mornhinweg is the best 'fit' in terms of continuity.

    There are a ton of teams that run a WCO. Seattle, Houston, Washington and Denver use the ZBS almost exclusively in the run game. Minnesota actually uses both zone and power blocking effectively - their run blocking is the best in the league, in my opinion.

    Position coaches in Green Bay, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Washington and Denver would all be good 'fits,' as far as I'm concerned.

    ... and if all those names fall through, I can think of two current line coaches with past ties to Oakland who would probably be available...

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    Mornhinweg has a past with Reggie. McKenzie has stated on several occasions that he may weigh a greater input on assistant's. He will soon be unemployed and it makes sense. I also like Norv Turner, but I believe Jerry Jones will make an effort to bring him back to Dallas if he can't persuade Sean Payton to leave New Orleans.

    I personally would like to see Bobby Petrino. He is much to talented of a play caller to toil in Weber State or another second tier NCAA program, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NFL again earning some cred as a OC.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •