Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Palmer is far more likely to restructure his contract then refuse to take a pay-cut -- and end up unemployed.

There are probably only two teams that would be willing to get Palmer - Arizona and New York (Jets) - and if both teams find something resembling a 'solution' at QB, Palmer is either a Raider or retired.
    the vikings can also bring him along. the vikings should be a playoff team this year with average qb play. ponder is horrible and AP has carried that team on his back.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    While i want to see what Pryor has to offer, i believe with the line we have its a risk in his development if we throw him to the wolves. A few packages to see what he can do would be nice. If we can improve our line play which in turn improves the run game it would be better for his development.

Palmer has made some horrendous plays this year, but he has been trying to come from behind all year so he has been pushing it. Hurried in the pocket, throwing off his back foot or while being hit. Plus with all the dropped and tipped passes it just makes it worse. Knapp doesn't help with his vanilla offense and crap play calling either.

I hated that we traded for Palmer, it was a stupid move on Hue and Mark to give up so much for him. I do think he has done well this year with what he had. He may be to old once this teams is rebuilt, but Rodgers played behind Farve for a few years and I'm sure it helped his development. Pryor may never even be close to Rodgers, but you never know... stranger things have happened in the NFL.

Streater caught what 19 passes his senior year and 30 the previous and looks good so far and is an up and comer if he can keep it up. So you can't always go off of what they did in college.

Flynn only had the one game where he did well and got beat out by Wilson for the starting job, so I not all the warm and fuzzy with the idea of grabbing him. For example Cassel had a whole decent season with NE and KC can't wait to can him he sucks so bad.

Palmer will improve as the team does. He'll still throw some picks, but we know what we have with him.

Yeah i know i'm dreaming and in fantasy land, but its all i got to keep me sane! reality sucks!

vCash
    I don't think we should address the QB position until next season or next draft.

Way too many holes else where. Plus, in an absolute dismal season, Palmer has been decent. He's definetly played well enough to not address the QB position immediately.

vCash
    Palmer is far more likely to restructure his contract then refuse to take a pay-cut -- and end up unemployed.

There are probably only two teams that would be willing to get Palmer - Arizona and New York (Jets) - and if both teams find something resembling a 'solution' at QB, Palmer is either a Raider or retired.
    THANK YOU Shred! If he doesn't then he's not the high character guy we thought he was, but I HIGHLY doubt that...He'll be our starting QB come next year.

vCash
    Nevermind about Kirk Cousins.

I'm watching the Red Zone channel, where he came out of the proverbial bullpen to give Washington a shot at the win.

His price just went up - damned shame, too, since I really think he's got a future in the NFL.

*ETA - Just ran in on a 2 point conversion. I'm extremely impressed by what that young man is doing, I've got to be honest...

*ETA2 - In fact, thinking about it as I'm watching the Ravens V Redskins head to overtime - I'd be willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Cousins. He could be a legitimate franchise QB, strange as that might sound.
    Last edited by Shred003; 12-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.

vCash

I'm watching the Red Zone channel, where he came out of the proverbial bullpen to give Washington a shot at the win.

His price just went up - damned shame, too, since I really think he's got a future in the NFL.

*ETA - Just ran in on a 2 point conversion. I'm extremely impressed by what that young man is doing, I've got to be honest...

*ETA2 - In fact, thinking about it as I'm watching the Ravens V Redskins head to overtime - I'd be willing to give up a 3rd rounder for Cousins. He could be a legitimate franchise QB, strange as that might sound.
    lol im not tripping. im watching too. Too come of cold, with playoffs on the line its a great sign.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    lol im not tripping. im watching too. Too come of cold, with playoffs on the line its a great sign.
    He doesn't have a strong arm, he doesn't have great mobility and he doesn't have great size.

He won a lot of games with an underwhelming supporting cast against superior opponents. That, IMO, is a big indicator of talent.

Sounds like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton, doesn't it? Weak arm, questions about natural talent...

The other QB I really liked in the 2012 is Nick Foles, who just pulled off a bizarre miracle comeback win against Tampa on the road.

vCash
    He doesn't have a strong arm, he doesn't have great mobility and he doesn't have great size.

He won a lot of games with an underwhelming supporting cast against superior opponents. That, IMO, is a big indicator of talent.

Sounds like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton, doesn't it? Weak arm, questions about natural talent...

The other QB I really liked in the 2012 is Nick Foles, who just pulled off a bizarre miracle comeback win against Tampa on the road.

Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson, Heck even tannenhill and foles. What a ****ing draft.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson, Heck even tannenhill and foles. What a ****ing draft.
    Luck is gunna be an absolute beast. I am also impressed with how Shanny put a great team together in Washington in no time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Luck is gunna be an absolute beast. I am also impressed with how Shanny put a great team together in Washington in no time.
    RGIII is a legitimate passer.

He'll be good, even when he's not running around in that nonsensical circus offense.

vCash

Spot on!

I watch a lot of Redskins games because I live in a house divided and that is my wifes team. I have been very impressed with Cousins and have been for awhile.

Its early but he has a bright future in the NFL and it won't be in the beltway so long as RGIII is healthy.

vCash
    The Ravens fired Cam Cameron today. John Harbaugh decided he'd seen enough and he went in a different direction. Tennessee fired coach Chris Palmer this year, as well, mid-season -- they decided they'd had enough and went in a different direction.

Greg Knapp? Is he going to survive the season? I can't see him coming back next year - I literally can't imagine a scenario where that happens.

I bring this up for one simple reason - the Raiders, IMO, will have a brand new OC next year. It's a bit premature to guess at what the QB situation will look like next year when we don't know what kind of system Oakland will run.

Kirk Cousins, IMO, would be an excellent long-term solution at QB. He's got everything but a cannon arm, but Andy Dalton gets by with a pea-shooter. In a WCO, it's about timing and decision making, which Cousins seems capable of doing.

vCash

I think Vick will be the Jet's starter next year and the Tebow experiment goes somewhere else.

vCash
    I think Vick goes to Buffalo.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    as long as vick stays far away from our squad im fine with it.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast