Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 236
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,350
    vCash
    500
    I can see Zac Dysert or Mike Glennon being drafted by the raiders. 2nd-3rd round. we would have to get a 2nd most likely.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    3,975
    vCash
    1500
    I actually think Carson is doing fine. He just needs a damn line who can do their job and WR's who catch the damn ball! How many times has the ball hit these guys on the hands or numbers and they drop it? Yes he has made some crap plays but our line and OC have a lot to do with it too.

    I;m good with Palmer while we groom a young guy. If that young guy isnt on our roster then cut what we have loose and get one!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,919
    vCash
    1500
    I like the three we have......and someday Pryor will get his chance.

    They should at least put him in though in one of these last three or four games. Why not?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    16,481
    vCash
    1500
    ^ I hope so! We need to find out fast what Pryor has got or at least showcase him for a possible trade.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,350
    vCash
    500
    man i didn't no carson had a 53-66 record as a starter.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    man i didn't no carson had a 53-66 record as a starter.
    Palmer should have his face attached to the definition of NFL loser.

    Manning huddles with his offense while the defense is on the field, he`s been doing this since day 1, Palmer sits alone like he doesn`t have a care in the world.

    Oakland has a huge problem at Qb and Wide Receiver, anyone who still believes were good to go as is, needs a head check.

    Please run number 5 out of town, we`re never gonna win with that clown.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,350
    vCash
    500
    ^ you're a little to harsh but i know what you mean. i like to see the QB pumping up his team on the sidelines.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    I actually think Carson is doing fine. He just needs a damn line who can do their job and WR's who catch the damn ball! How many times has the ball hit these guys on the hands or numbers and they drop it? Yes he has made some crap plays but our line and OC have a lot to do with it too.

    I;m good with Palmer while we groom a young guy. If that young guy isnt on our roster then cut what we have loose and get one!
    He also needs not to fumble or throw passes behind the receiver into the arms of a 35 year old cb.

    Palmer is slow as a turtle and makes the worst decisions he`s won 53 games for a reason, everyone constantly makes excuses for Palmer.

    Newsflash: Palmer stinks, NFL teams are done grooming QB`s they are taking the field from Day 1. ( Indy, Wash, Miami, Sea, Cleve ).

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Newsflash: Palmer stinks, NFL teams are done grooming QB`s they are taking the field from Day 1. ( Indy, Wash, Miami, Sea, Cleve ).
    There are some people no amount of grooming is going to help.
    If grooming was the answer, he would have been stellar in Cinci.
    How the Raiders thought this guy was a good idea, I will never
    understand. He and Aaron Brooks had to be two of the worst
    hires EVER in all of football.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,358
    vCash
    1500
    I have to admit, I was kind of excited when Palmer arrived, for one thing, I have not the choice to except or not except a team transaction, I as a fan is obligated to go along with it. However, I have to say and agree with non-Raiders fans, this was obviously the worst trade the Raiders have ever dealt. Another on of Hugh's recognized accomplishments. I kept thinking, maybe Palmer will amount to something much like Plunkett and Gannon, well, not so. I truly believe half of it is what he's surrounded with.
    Last edited by Flash47; 12-09-2012 at 09:28 AM.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I have to admit, I was kind of excited when Palmer arrived, for one thing, I have not the choice to except or not except a team transaction, I as a fan is obligated to go along with it. However, I have to say and agree with non-Raiders fans, this was obviously the worst trade the Raiders have ever dealt. Another on of Hugh's recognized accomplishments. I kept thinking, maybe Palmer will amount to something much like Plunkett and Gannon, well, not so. I truly believe half of it is what he's surrounded with.
    I agree, I think when your surrounded by a porous line, a running back who constantly under performs, receivers who run bad routes and can not catch, questionable play calling and a defense that is one of the worst in nfl history, you not only place the QB (whoever it is) is a situation where he has to play for the entire team , you also set him up for failure.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,924
    vCash
    1500
    I can understand why you guys are angry when you compare our QB to peyton manning. I can not believe that he does not perform better than him despite having a **** team.
    Peyton is probably one of if not the best QB to ever set foot on an NFL field...ever! There is nobody like him, so if we compare every QB to him we will always be looking for one on draft day.
    You dont need the best QB in the NFL to win a ring, this has been proven time and time again. However you will never win a ring with a 32 ranked defense...ive heard enough about how our offense is the problem, I would like to see a new wide receiving core and a RT but honestly our QB may make the probowl, our defense needs the attention in the offseason

    If carson is a cap casualty then so be it but he is the least of our worries.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,358
    vCash
    1500
    We're not really comparing Palmer to Payton, it would be nice to see Palmer over come the diversities that he has to face to make us a team to compete. As much as we sacrificed to acquire Carson, he should be a little more rewarding in return.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,924
    vCash
    1500
    There isnt a qb playing that we could have plugged in at the beginning of the year, who would give us a winning record right now. If we got peyton we would still have a losing record

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Redneckistan
    Posts
    983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    There isnt a qb playing that we could have plugged in at the beginning of the year, who would give us a winning record right now. If we got peyton we would still have a losing record
    And I couldn't disagree with you more. I *do* agree with you that SuperBowls have been and in fact are OFTEN won by QBs who are not the best in the league. I also agree that without good receivers and a strong O-Line, a proficient QB can struggle.

    However, the thing you never seem to want to admit about Palmer, is that he is not a leader, and he does not have the heart of a champion. Is he proficient? Of course he is. He didn't win a Heisman by being a slouch. But his character as a person is the exact opposite of what the Raiders need right now. Part of the beauty and excellence of Peyton Manning is that he was taught to be a leader. He knows that leaders take responsibility for the score EVEN WHEN it isn't necessarily their fault. He knows that leaders spend time team-building even when it's off the clock. Even when he's not getting "paid for it". Even when it might seem a waste of time and against all odds to be spending time, effort and personal finances on your O-Line. Peyton Manning does ALL THOSE THINGS, as does Tom Brady and Drew Brees. In the final analysis, the problem with Carson Palmer is not that he's a "bad quarterback" speaking purely as far as stats and technique. The problem with Carson Palmer is that he's selfish. Any Cinci fan can tell you, that's just cancer to teambuilding. Of all the spots on a field where a selfish guy can bring a whole team down, quarterback is the one. For that reason, I will be glad when his time here is over. I would welcome and celebrate a QB with similar stats, but who has the heart of a champion, and the character of a true leader.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •