Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've been behnd palmer but he continues to make mistakes veteran qbs aren't suppse to make...iiif he's going to play like a rookie...might as well play pyror so there's actually an excuse for the mistakes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Good chance they'll be kickin it somewhere else next year.

If Moore isn't playing as hard as he can for Palmer, he shouldn't be on the team.

-Stork
    Its easier to get rid of ONE rather then four...If TP gets along with the other teammates better then Palmer, why not keep him n let go of Carson.

I agree that as a passer Palmer will probably eat up Pryor but passing is just one part of a QBs game. He should be a leader (no one seems to be behind Palmer), Be able to create when nothing is available (Griffen, Luck, Rodgers, Smith, Kaepernick, Wilson, Ponder, Roethlesburger [SNAKE, PLUNKETT]... List goes on)

Lastly I believe that Pryor does some amazing things in practice maybe not by passing the ball but possibly with his feet and that which gets those extra yardage which can create FIRST DOWNS, WHICH WILL MOVE THE CHAINS, WHICH LETS OUR DEFENSE REST, WHICH KEEPS THEIR OFFENSE OFF THE FIELD, WHICH IS ANOTHER WAY OF PREVENTING THEM FROM SCORING.

The games is the same but it is not also...

FROM BIRTH TO THE HEARST RAIDERS IS MY TEAM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Ditch Palmer for Matt Flynn

did someone seriously just say that again?

Good God times are tough.
    Did you read it I said Reggie mac may do it just a topic don't be a hater

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Come on guys, there's already like 30 threads like this. Just add on to the old ones. No need for a new thread each time someone new thinks of the same topic.
    4 pages seemed to get some people interested I didn't see any other threads on it my fault

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    I can definitely see Reggie getting rid of Palmer. Not cuz he's a bad player he's just overpaid and not apart of the future

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I can definitely see Reggie getting rid of Palmer. Not cuz he's a bad player he's just overpaid and not apart of the future
    Palmer will need to take a pay cut to stay around... We know RM will searching in the off season I think it just depends on what's available considering we have a lot of needs at other positions and we will still be working through cap issues. Lot's of work to do for RM...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    The raiders should start palmer and see what he can do moving forward. the people thats saying to keep playing palmer cuz pryor didnt earn his spot is dumb *** **** because look at it this way, our line cant block and palmer is a pocket passer so maybe if we play pryor it wont be as bad since he can scramble and extend plays and palmer cant do that so palmer might actually be more effective with as bad our our o-line is playing! I wonder if some people actually think before they comment!! If our o-line was blocking good id say leave palmer in but they are playing terrible so id rather see what pryor can do it wont hurt any!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    You don't know that.

I do though(lol),I am a fan of the game, even more then I am a raiders fan, I watched him closely, some of the nation got excited by the positive plays he was able to achieve, I saw a guy that bailed on plays and made some athletic moves...Big deal...Thats not what wins in the NFL, I saw him Romo style spinning around in the pocket and finding a reciever down field...You think a Team is gonna live on that?

Look @ RG3, hes having a great season,but he is running far too much,he will get broken before the end of the 2013 season...I promise you.
    He already took a nice one ,and it took, what...6 games? I dont want a rushing QB under any circumstances, it doesnt work at this level, they do not know how to take a hit, your season is hanging in the balance every time he tucks the ball, for my money Luck is far and away the ROY.

Pryor, as I said hasnt played in a pro system, he is in year two of a 4 year development process because hes NEVER played in a pro system, that is the ONE reason Matt Barkley will shoot back up into the first round, because hes been working a pro system for three years already.

vCash
    Gotta disagree steph....firstly rg3 is an elite prospect..pryor isn't the class of qb that he is but if you are going to make that comparision that is an arguement for pryor....2 years ago rg3 was being evaluated as a wr prospect..worked his tail off and he is where he is now
    Secondly luck is an athletic qb as well...he has what 6 rushing tds this year..that is the way this league is going..with the pass rushers that are coming into the league new qbs will be athletic qbs with accuracy in and outside the pocket
    Third spread concepts are in the nfl now..I'm not sure that the whole rookies coming out the pro style offense are better has much validity to it anymore

vCash
    I hate to say it, but this team is hurtling towards "Geno Smith" territory.

Once again, the Raiders are God-awful in a year with no viable QB's in the draft.

I'm starting to think this team will go QB in the first round and ditch Carson.

vCash
    I don't believe they will. They may ditch Carson, but there are a few serviceable veteran QB's out there that want jobs and a few teams that need them. Rich Gannon was considered "serviceable" sometimes a guy just needs a chance and an opportunity to truly be the guy.

I really hope they do not reach for a QB in the draft, with so many other needs to be addressed and a weak draft class at that position.

vCash
    Pryor is awful and our coaches will not play him due to this. Leinhart even has had garbage time this year. Not sure why everyone thinks he will turn into a special player, obviously out staff does not think so

vCash
    May I remind everyone that there is more than physical traits and stats to the pro game. There is a lot of crap that goes on behind the scenes that affects a player/coaches continued employment. Some guys are high character and always do the proffessional thing, others may be gifted in some ways but do knuckleheaded things. After the game last night, I'm thinking that guys that are rated high in the character department went up in value a little.

The physical effort of some of the starters is looking somewhat suspect. A poster above brought out an interesting point about getting rid of one to maybe fix four. Something to think about.....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I do though(lol),I am a fan of the game, even more then I am a raiders fan, I watched him closely, some of the nation got excited by the positive plays he was able to achieve, I saw a guy that bailed on plays and made some athletic moves...Big deal...Thats not what wins in the NFL, I saw him Romo style spinning around in the pocket and finding a reciever down field...You think a Team is gonna live on that?

Look @ RG3, hes having a great season,but he is running far too much,he will get broken before the end of the 2013 season...I promise you.
    He already took a nice one ,and it took, what...6 games? I dont want a rushing QB under any circumstances, it doesnt work at this level, they do not know how to take a hit, your season is hanging in the balance every time he tucks the ball, for my money Luck is far and away the ROY.

Pryor, as I said hasnt played in a pro system, he is in year two of a 4 year development process because hes NEVER played in a pro system, that is the ONE reason Matt Barkley will shoot back up into the first round, because hes been working a pro system for three years already.
    Kaepernick didn't play in a pro system in college.

Seems to be working out just fine for the 49ers. Kid's only gonna get better.

vCash
    Kaepernick earned his coach's trust, earned some playing time...and cashed in.

Obviously, Pryor has yet to do any of those things.

What does Kaepernick have to do with Pryor?

-Stork

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast