Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i really cant believe how many of u guys REALLY believe palmers not going to be our starting qb next year...hahaha WOW! Im guessing if it was up to some of you, you guys would probably draft a qb and a rb in this years draft lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Palmer should have his face attached to the definition of NFL loser.

Manning huddles with his offense while the defense is on the field, he`s been doing this since day 1, Palmer sits alone like he doesn`t have a care in the world.

Oakland has a huge problem at Qb and Wide Receiver, anyone who still believes were good to go as is, needs a head check.

Please run number 5 out of town, we`re never gonna win with that clown.
    I didnt know we had a number 5 on our team but ok...

vCash
    ^ just shows people make decisions from the hip, or maybe through madden when in reality the actual game tape is different

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    You guys keep talking about finding out what Pryor can do. Don't you think Allen is finding that out day after day in practice?

This clamoring for Pryor has nothing to do with the team finding out what Pryor can do, and everything to do with you guys wanting to find out what he can do for yourselves. Which is utterly meaningless in the big picture.

If he hasn't earned his time, he shouldn't play. Period. And that should go for every guy on the roster.

-Stork
    Really lmao.first palmer sucks get off his d... 9 straight games with a int, and half the time its in crucial moments of the game.and tell me if carson isnt hurt why would Pryor play.we all know what palmer can do and thats throw picks.i thought pryor didn't look that bad in the preseason.i have a feeling that palmer wont even be here next year and im ok with that

vCash
    lol, #5? bro, u need the head check. Palmer is the only person playing football. Do you think any other QB could come in here and produce under the same circumstances? Your high!
    Last edited by Raiders420; 12-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Pryor - 8/15 50 yards 1 Int
    2/3 9 yards
    3/5 137 yards 2 TD
    6/9 55 yards

He had a good game against the lines where we had home run plays. Other than this I dont see what is so impressive - the kid played against people who were mostly cut by now. He was playing with the guys who are now starting for us. Put him up against starting quality NFL defenders and he will look foolish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterness View Post
    Really lmao.first palmer sucks get off his d... 9 straight games with a int, and half the time its in crucial moments of the game.and tell me if carson isnt hurt why would Pryor play.we all know what palmer can do and thats throw picks.i thought pryor didn't look that bad in the preseason.i have a feeling that palmer wont even be here next year and im ok with that
    ok kid, first off we have a crap oline, crap WR's, and zero run game. All of our offense IS Palmer. As for Pryor he looked terrible in all the preseason games but 1. And that was against 3rd string players. Allen gets to see what he can do everyday at practice. If he thinks he can out perform Palmer, he'd be our starter. DA and RM have been praising Palmer, and are aware he is the only player on offense with some kind of consistency. Last year with JC how many times did we throw each game? 20-27 something like that, and our run game did the rest. This year he is throwing 50+ times in some games and the run game isn't doing anything. Plus we are playing from behind in every game. Palmer needs to be back at the 20-30 mark and the run game needs to improve. See the little kids don't understand that the QB is not the entire team, but takes the blame for the entire team. LEt Pryor throw the ball 40-50 a game and see how many picks he throws. I bet its more than 1 per game.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Pryor - 8/15 50 yards 1 Int
    2/3 9 yards
    3/5 137 yards 2 TD
    6/9 55 yards

He had a good game against the lines where we had home run plays. Other than this I dont see what is so impressive - the kid played against people who were mostly cut by now. He was playing with the guys who are now starting for us. Put him up against starting quality NFL defenders and he will look foolish
    There is no way you know that. Can't knock a guy til he gets his chance.

vCash
    If anyone thinks for one moment that Palmer is going to be a huge part of the rebuilding process, think again. It took me a long time to accept this rebuilding, but if your going to do it than lets get with it. Palmer is good not great. You win with great QB's for a long period of time. You can win with good QB's but you must have a solid run game and a great defense. We are several years from that. There is one position where one guy can make a huge difference immediately to buy time til the other pieces fall into place.... the qb position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterness View Post
    Son, you really need to get some glasses, or work on your reading comprehension. I've not been championing Palmer. Frankly, I think he's a huge disappointment.

The question, "and tell me if carson isnt hurt why would Pryor play." is kind of funny for a couple of reasons:

First, Pryor hasn't played, and that should tell you something. There has been a lot of opportunity for a young QB to get some snaps. That he hasn't sniffed the field should let you know the kind of trust the coaches have for him. Say what you will, but there has never been a coach in the NFL who isn't trying to win games. If they thought Pryor could bring anything to the table, we'd have seen him.

Secondly, do you seriously communicate like this? How can you possibly expect anyone to take the time to try and decipher what you're getting at? Do you really expect to get ahead in life like this?

-Stork

vCash
    Matt Flynn should be available at the end of this season. It's also worth seeing what happens to McElroy (NYJ) and Kirk Cousins (WAS) -- two 'scrubby' Qb's who have everything but arm strength going for them.

As I watch Andy "Red (Air) Rifle" Dalton succeed in Cincy, I'm starting to wonder if limp-armed QB's can succeed in this current climate. Fitzpatrick, for example, is a decent enough QB, who merely completes 'too many' passes - some to his team, some to other teams, lol.

There are options for Oakland, if Reggie feels inclined to deal. I'm very interested in Kirk Cousins, who comes from Washington, and the 'hybrid' WCO / ZBS offense that is very similar to what Knapp runs - and, likely, very similar to what the Raiders will run next season after Knapp is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Matt Flynn should be available at the end of this season. It's also worth seeing what happens to McElroy (NYJ) and Kirk Cousins (WAS) -- two 'scrubby' Qb's who have everything but arm strength going for them.

As I watch Andy "Red (Air) Rifle" Dalton succeed in Cincy, I'm starting to wonder if limp-armed QB's can succeed in this current climate. Fitzpatrick, for example, is a decent enough QB, who merely completes 'too many' passes - some to his team, some to other teams, lol.

There are options for Oakland, if Reggie feels inclined to deal. I'm very interested in Kirk Cousins, who comes from Washington, and the 'hybrid' WCO / ZBS offense that is very similar to what Knapp runs - and, likely, very similar to what the Raiders will run next season after Knapp is gone.
    give them a 6th doubt they take that tho

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Stork...

Pryor hasn't "sniffed the field" could be for several reasons...
    1. Young head coach that can't pull the trigger for being afraid of the consiquences..
    2. A coach not wanting to field questions if Pryor or whoever comes in and plays well causing a QB controversy. Causing more big decisions to be made.
    3. Pryor or whoever has not shown the ability to lead an offense.
    4. Afraid of losing the team's confidence in Palmer for "testing the waters"
    5. Maybe too soon to "test the waters".
    6. GM says don't do it.
    7. A coaches job may depend on that decision.

Stork here is my point. You, me, and any Raider fan will never know the real logic behind any decisions made by coaches. They sure aren't going to tell us. So for you to say Pryor hasn't earned it or he has nothing to bring to the table is simply a guess. However with all I have said you may be 100% right. Go figure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    i really cant believe how many of u guys REALLY believe palmers not going to be our starting qb next year...hahaha WOW! Im guessing if it was up to some of you, you guys would probably draft a qb and a rb in this years draft lol...
    i believe there's a good shot Reggie parts ways. why pay someone 13 million and about 15 million in 2014 if we are rebuilding? in the meantime until we find a franchise qb in 2 years we can win a cheap alternative like flynn who might be cut, or alex smith. none of those two our going to take us the a superbowl, just like palmer won't. I see us winning the same amount of games with them than with palmer.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i believe there's a good shot Reggie parts ways. why pay someone 13 million and about 15 million in 2014 if we are rebuilding? in the meantime until we find a franchise qb in 2 years we can win a cheap alternative like flynn who might be cut, or alex smith. none of those two our going to take us the a superbowl, just like palmer won't. I see us winning the same amount of games with them than with palmer.
    Palmer is far more likely to restructure his contract then refuse to take a pay-cut -- and end up unemployed.

There are probably only two teams that would be willing to get Palmer - Arizona and New York (Jets) - and if both teams find something resembling a 'solution' at QB, Palmer is either a Raider or retired.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast