Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs down UPDATE: Flynn traded to Raiders (post #429)

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m
    And as @AlbertBreer says, #Raiders & #Seahawks have agreed on compensation for a Flynn deal. Working out kinks. But nearing conclusion
    Link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet

Stupid Move. Dont want Flynn here. Hopefully pryor beats him out in camp. This sucks just when I thought this team was heading in the rite direction reggie slaps me in the face. Hopefully this dosnt bite reggie in the *** and gets him fired.

UPDATE: FLYNN TRADE MAY NOT GO THRU.
    In addition to having interest in Seahawks QB Matt Flynn, the Raiders have discussed the possibility of signing QB Kevin Kolb

-Sirius XM Radio's Adam Caplan reports the Raiders have "discussed the possibility" of signing free agent Kevin Kolb.Tap the breaks on Matt Flynn-to-Oakland. Despite a Friday report that a Flynn trade was "imminent", multiple indications since have pointed to Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie weighing his options. In our estimation, signing Kolb without coughing up picks would be a far smarter pursuit then dealing the Seahawks draft selections the Raiders need to rebuild a putrid roster. Kolb is only ten months older than Flynn, and neither is a franchise-caliber quarterback

ROTOWORLD

MORE UPDATES:

-Seahawks will get a 2013 draft pick and some sort of conditional pick in 2014 as part of the Matt Flynn trade, if it's completed.

-Re: Flynn trade ... Possibility also exists that picks going back also could wind up being 2014 and '15, instead of '13 and '14.

-To be clear: The Seahawks have done their part in the Matt Flynn trade. It's up to the Raiders and Flynn to push it over the goal line now.
    LINK:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertBreer?p=s

Latest Update:

Mike Jurecki of XTRA Phoenix reports the Cardinals are "looking into" trading for Carson Palmer.Getting any compensation for a 33-year-old quarterback with a $13M salary would be quite the coup for Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie. Per Jurecki, the Cards would need Palmer to rework his contract and the only picks they're willing to surrender would be "conditional," based on play time and performance. A late-Friday tweet from the Arizona Republic's Kent Somers also indicated the Cardinals might be willing to part with "late pick(s), conditional" for the two-time Pro Bowler.

-Rotoworld.

3-31-13 Update:

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
    Matt Flynn remains the property of the Seahawks, multiple days after reports emerged that heíll be traded to the Raiders.

But the widespread belief for now is that the trade will indeed get done, and that it will happen soon.

The two teams have haggled over draft-pick compensation, with former Green Bay colleagues Reggie McKenzie and John Schneider, now the General Managers of the Raiders and Seahawks, respectively, twisting each otherís arms to get the best possible deal.

If/when (when) Flynn becomes a Raider, the question becomes whether the Raiders will remain interested in West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith (if they ever were in the first place). With Flynn not getting huge money and with the Raiders still lukewarm on Terrelle Pryor, the Raiders could take Smith with the third overall pick.

The other practical consequence of Flynnís arrival in Oakland will be the departure of Carson Palmer, either by trade (with a greatly reduced contract) or by release. He reportedly is interested in playing for the Cardinals or 49ers. (We still think the Seahawks make the most sense, if he truly prefers being a backup on a contender to being the starter for another struggling team.) If Palmer lands in Arizona, thatís another top-10 team that could pass on Smith.

Now that the Bills have Kevin Kolb and Tarvaris Jackson, they could be out of the running for a rookie quarterback in the top 10.

Thatís three teams reportedly interested in Geno Smith and/or Matt Barkley who could be passing on passers at the top of round one, which could fuel a slide for all quarterbacks out of the top 10 and, barring a trade, straight through the teens.

Unless, of course, Shaun King of NBCSNís Pro Football Talk is accurate in his strong belief that the Jaguars will take Smith with the second selection in the draft.
    Link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nalized-soon/?
    Last edited by weeman323; 04-01-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Update

vCash
    Hope we didn't give up anything higher than a 6th round pick.

vCash
    Don't like the move either. We didn't need to trade for this type of QB, we could have signed Fitzpatrick or Campbell.

Reggie is the NFL's version of the Manchurian Candidate.

vCash
    Hopefully a 7th rounder.

vCash
    Rapoport says they want to rework his contract if he comes here and. Flynn is not too happy about it. Could be a snag on the trade.

My girl. Don't look at her.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

vCash
    some people still believe this guy can surprise pople and be a good starting QB. Dunno about that.

But I like the competition of Pryor vs. Flynn

I'll be rooting for Pryor. I'd love to see him improve his accuracy. If he can do that, sky's the limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fabulous View Post
    Rapoport says they want to rework his contract if he comes here and. Flynn is not too happy about it. Could be a snag on the trade.
    let this be true I really dont want flynn here. He sucks. Dont trade away draft pick reggie. Re-do his contract before do make a trade.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    What the **** is Reggie doing

vCash
    so this deal isn't that close yet. if RM can't get Flynn to take less, than Kolb could be a possibility.

Tommy Kelly isn't here anymore, so he wouldn't be able to scare him on a day-to-day basis

vCash
    I agree hopefully not higher then 6th rd pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    so this deal isn't that close yet. if RM can't get Flynn to take less, than Kolb could be a possibility.

Tommy Kelly isn't here anymore, so he wouldn't be able to scare him on a day-to-day basis
    I'm all in for kevin kolb here. Not a starter tho let him compete with pryor and most importauntly we dont give away draft picks.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    You don't trade for a guy to compete with Pryor. You sign a FA for that. Reggie is a hack.

Bring in John Gruden and pry Bruce Allen away from Daniel Syder's checkbook. I am sorry guys for being so negative, but I don't like this one bit.

vCash
    Im all for it only if he restructures and if its a low pick next year. 5th-7th. Dont dissapoint Reggie. But Flyyn did have a hell of a game 17 game and did well in pre-season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    What the **** is Reggie doing
    This ^

vCash
    http://www.csncalifornia.com/blog/pa...nn-dump-palmer
    Raiders to acquire Flynn, dump Palmer?
    March 29, 2013, 1:00 pm

That purported staredown between the Raiders and Carson Palmer? Apparently, someone just blinked.

Numerous reports have the Raiders deep in discussions to acquire career backup quarterback Matt Flynn from Seattle in a trade that would precipitate the Raiders cutting Palmer.

The latest theory is Oakland may be making one last-ditch effort at getting Palmer, 33, to agree to a pay cut to remain with the Raiders. He gives the team the best chance to win in the immediate future, despite being owed $13 million in base salary in 2013 and $15 million in 2014, with salary cap numbers of $15.335 million and $17.335 million, respectively. Those huge numbers stem from Palmer restructuring his contract last season to play for the veteran minimum of $825,000, a move that gave the 2012 Raiders badly needed salary cap relief.

Of course, the Raiders have no comment, general manager Reggie McKenzie has not replied to a text message and Palmer himself declined, through the Raiders, to comment on the situation.

Earlier this month, though, Palmer told CSNCalifornia.com in an email he hoped to return to the Raiders, which acquired him in 2011 for a first-round draft pick in 2012 and what turned out to be a second-rounder in 2013.

"Not sure what's going to happen," Palmer wrote, "would love to be back in Oakland and compete."

It was reported this week that the Raiders asked Palmer to take a $3 million paycut but the quarterback balked at the proposal.

Now, speculation has Flynn, who was a seventh-round draft choice of Green Bay out of LSU in 2008, reuniting with McKenzie.

It would be an interesting move as financially, releasing Palmer and acquiring Flynn would basically be a wash for the Raiders. Sure, cutting Palmer would save the Raiders $5.995 million against the cap for 2013, but he'd still count for $9.334 million in dead money. And Flynn, who signed a three-year, $26-million deal with $10 million guaranteed with Seattle last offseason, still has a reported $5.3 million remaining on his contract.

Plus, the Raiders would likely have to give up a draft pick to the Seahawks in the process, which would seemingly go against everything McKenzie has stood for in his short time on the job. The Raiders currently have seven picks, none in the second or fifth rounds but two each in the sixth and seventh rounds.

Then again, McKenzie did not give up such a bounty for Palmer; that was the doing of Hue Jackson, with the blessing of owner Mark Davis, in the wake of Al Davis' death.

Flynn, who turns 28 on June 20, opened eyes with essentially one start, throwing for 480 yards and six touchdowns on 31-of-44 passing in a 45-41 defeat of Detroit in the Packers' 2011 season finale. Still, there have been questions about Flynn's arm strength.

Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin, meanwhile, took to Twitter to bid Flynn adieu.

"Wishing Flynn the best on his endeavors in Oakland," Baldwin wrote. "Sad to see a friend leave, but excited for his opportunity. Great QB, even better man."

Within an hour, though, Baldwin Tweeted the following: "Am I premature?! Happens." And then, "Premature trade-ulation," and "I mean, I get my news like everyone else. Swindled."

Palmer, meanwhile, is purportedly earmarked for Arizona if he is released by the Raiders.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast