Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jemile Weeks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Ahoda, I hear you but if that were the case we would have signed Melky Cabrera, BJ Upton, Swisher, or Ross ahead of Torii Hunter...

Scherzer and Verlander are the 2 starters that are K pitchers in style...I have both Fister and Porcello down as starters that pitch to contact.

How does the offense lost effect ALL of our pitching staff? A better defensive SS and Porcello has a career ERA in the 3s instead of the 4s.
    SO pitchers generally have a higher HR rate and fly ball % due to relying on the fastball more. Contact pitchers pitch down in the zone and generally use a sinker ball with get hits into the dirt. Also, Fister is a better SO pitcher then given credit for. He average 7.6 SO per start last year and he wasn't healthy for the majority of it. I say we have 3 SO starters.

The reasons why we didn't go for the other OFs are simple. Swisher wants too much money and sucks. Ross sucks. Melky has that whole steroid thing. Upton wants a long term deal and sucks with a bat. Hunter is the best club house presence in the OF and also plays a good defense and can hit consistently.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    SO pitchers generally have a higher HR rate and fly ball % due to relying on the fastball more. Contact pitchers pitch down in the zone and generally use a sinker ball with get hits into the dirt. Also, Fister is a better SO pitcher then given credit for. He average 7.6 SO per start last year and he wasn't healthy for the majority of it. I say we have 3 SO starters.

The reasons why we didn't go for the other OFs are simple. Swisher wants too much money and sucks. Ross sucks. Melky has that whole steroid thing. Upton wants a long term deal and sucks with a bat. Hunter is the best club house presence in the OF and also plays a good defense and can hit consistently.
    I understand the difference with regards to pitching style...I would still contend that Fister is more of a contact pitcher. He has an unbelievable amount of tilt on his pitches due to his height and release point. If you look at the stats over the past two seasons with Detroit the first half of each season he pitches more to contact relying less on the fastball...as he gets into the second half he seems to gain more velocity and more confidence in the fastball and in doing so, does what you are saying, becomes more of a strikeout pitcher. I guess that we are splitting hairs here...and I suppose it really does not matter. I LOVE watching Fister more so than Scherzer, Sanchez, Smyly, or Porcello.

I agree with your assessments of the OFers listed but they are more offensive than Hunter...you have to admit that.

I won't keep pushing you on Peralta...I get it...there is not much out there. I just wish the Tigers Front Office were ballsy enough to send Peralta to Pittsburgh in a deal for Hanrahan and go with a defensive wizard at SS. The only upside in my mind about Peralta is that he is playing for his next deal and will be motivated.

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

This was pretty great.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567