Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jemile Weeks

vCash
    We were talking about Peralta. The slight derailment is because I blasphemed and took Jeter's name in vain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Your kidding right? You just said that Jeter doesn't put the team first AND that A-Roid is a superior defender AND that broken-down-hip-man should be the Yankees SS. You have been taking in too much of the gas man!
    In GasMan's defense, when A-Rod was traded he was a stud a SS and was projected to be one of if not the best all time. Granted, even then I believed Jeter was superior in the field but obviously not at the plate.

Yankees knew he was using a needle and would get too big for SS, that's why they traded for him to move to 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Derek Jeter hasn't been a good defensive SS in a very long time. If he would have put team first, he would have moved to 3B for the superior defensive SS ARod.
    Jeter still makes highlight reel plays and still a perfectly fine defensive SS. That's at 38, him a couple years ago was even better.

vCash
    What other options are even possible? Putting aside, Drew or Cabrera.

How about looking into Lowrie from the Astros?
    He's an upgrade at SS defensively and has some potential at the plate.

vCash
    And seems to be injury prone.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    In GasMan's defense, when A-Rod was traded he was a stud a SS and was projected to be one of if not the best all time. Granted, even then I believed Jeter was superior in the field but obviously not at the plate.

Yankees knew he was using a needle and would get too big for SS, that's why they traded for him to move to 3B.

Jeter still makes highlight reel plays and still a perfectly fine defensive SS. That's at 38, him a couple years ago was even better.
    Jeter was never a great defender. He always had good hands and a great arm, which is why you would see those "highlight reel" jump throws. But, his range was always limited. His bat is what made him a HOFer and still makes him a valuable SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    Jeter was never a great defender. He always had good hands and a great arm, which is why you would see those "highlight reel" jump throws. But, his range was always limited. His bat is what made him a HOFer and still makes him a valuable SS.
    Yup, and I can't stand the guy lol.

vCash
    Why because he's been a winner and a true professional. A class act? You never hear him linked to any trouble. And you can't stand somebody you don't know? If he was arrogant and a trouble maker ( Delmon Young type ) you would have a cause for not liking him. He goes about the game the way its suppose to be played. Sorry I don't get your statement. Can't stand him because he's good? A little harsh maybe?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Why because he's been a winner and a true professional. A class act? You never hear him linked to any trouble. And you can't stand somebody you don't know? If he was arrogant and a trouble maker ( Delmon Young type ) you would have a cause for not liking him. He goes about the game the way its suppose to be played. Sorry I don't get your statement. Can't stand him because he's good? A little harsh maybe?
    Couldn't say it better. Guessing they don't like the fact he's a Yankee or it's just usual Jeter envy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    What other options are even possible? Putting aside, Drew or Cabrera.

How about looking into Lowrie from the Astros?
    He's an upgrade at SS defensively and has some potential at the plate.
    Lowrie and Foltynewicz for Peralta.

vCash
    I still don't get the Peralta hate by some of you. He is still one of the better complete SS in the game. He doesn't have the range or speed for defense but he has the glove, arm accuracy, and instincts to play defense. My only major gripe with him is that when he slumps he stops trying to go opposite field.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I still don't get the Peralta hate by some of you. He is still one of the better complete SS in the game. He doesn't have the range or speed for defense but he has the glove, arm accuracy, and instincts to play defense. My only major gripe with him is that when he slumps he stops trying to go opposite field.
    SS is one of the weakest positions in MLB in regards to the depth of complete players...that you can even call Peralta a complete player proves just that. I understand that he is ranked somewhere between 12-15 in MLB SS category...that said, the reason he is that high is because he is a greater HR threat than most of the other SS in the MLB.

For me, he offers so little offensively, especially being in the 7 or 8 hole in the lineup that I just wish we had a guy that could glove two more ground balls a game...that is all. I don't care if our SS batted .200 as long as he covers ground. To pay Peralta $6M to hit like Inge, run like Victor Martinez, and to have limited range, meh...we could do better for less money (I know why we paid him $6 and picked up the option, as there are not many options, etc.). But SS, for the currently constructed Detroit Tigers, is the one area where a defensive upgrade must be made to give us a solid chance at winning a World Series. We don't play well defensively, when Torii Hunter at 37 improves your defense...that doesn't speak well for emphasis on D. I don't need superstars for the SS position either, I am not saying that it needs to be Andrus, Hardy, Castro, Reyes, etc...just give me a guy that can flash the kind of leather that Jackson does in CF, no matter what he offers offensively. I think that with a better defensive SS our Tigers could be really REALLY nasty. I am a little concerned with CL but not as much as SS.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-10-2012 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    You're going about it all wrong tbh. Our team is made up to hit for power and drive in runs and sacrafice defense. 3 of our starters are K pitchers and Smyly has shown the ability to rack them up too. Getting a better defensive SS only helps Porcello and the offense lost would effect ALL of our pitching staff.

I agree that we could really use an upgrade there, but it really isn't a big need right now.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    You're going about it all wrong tbh. Our team is made up to hit for power and drive in runs and sacrafice defense. 3 of our starters are K pitchers and Smyly has shown the ability to rack them up too. Getting a better defensive SS only helps Porcello and the offense lost would effect ALL of our pitching staff.

I agree that we could really use an upgrade there, but it really isn't a big need right now.
    Ahoda, I hear you but if that were the case we would have signed Melky Cabrera, BJ Upton, Swisher, or Ross ahead of Torii Hunter...

Scherzer and Verlander are the 2 starters that are K pitchers in style...I have both Fister and Porcello down as starters that pitch to contact.

How does the offense lost effect ALL of our pitching staff? A better defensive SS and Porcello has a career ERA in the 3s instead of the 4s.

vCash

Not trying to harp on this but when would it be a bigger need than right now? Once Cabrera is gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Not trying to harp on this but when would it be a bigger need than right now? Once Cabrera is gone?
    After 2013 when Peralta is a FA and we get a better evaluation of some of our MIF prospects next season. If the Tigers FO thought anything different, they would have given Drew a 2 or 3 year deal but balked at the number of years he wanted.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast