Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
i'm kind of intrigued by this utility play they traded for in the rule 5 speedster with ability to play middle infield and outfield. that's enough for me to start shopping Santiago and I have no clue how good or bad this guy will be. I just don't think theres anywhere for Ramon on this team he's spent his time here done what he can time to move on to a new utility guy maybe one with some sort of offensive upside like speed or power. Ramon is just a glove with inconsistent bat
Don't let last year be the deciding factor on Santiago...as a utility INF and switch-hitter coming off of the bench, he, in my opinion, is about the best that there is...just a VERY bad year last year.

That said, I would be fine giving the role to Worth...so much so, that I would be fine trading Peralta for whatever and giving the starting SS job to Worth with Santiago as the backup. Don't kill me for this opinion, I just truly TRULY cannot stand Peralta at SS...no matter what his upside is offensively (.256 career hitter).