Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Neither player is named Michael Bourne. There is no correlation. I could easily choose two players with 3.0 or better WAR values who maintained their production. Regardless, there is no basis for saying Michael Bourn stinks. If you want to ssy he is overrated, you may be able to do that, but being overrated doesn't mean he stinks.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-06-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    If the Mets legitimately had money and could land him for 3 yrs/45 million i would do it.

They still need a leadoff hitter desperately.

I know he is another left handed bat but he plays a GG CF and would still be good 40+ steals, .350 OBP, 40 XBH (10 triples, 30 Doubles), and the occasional home run.

But really it's a moot point because if they had the money to sign Bourn, they would have had the money to re-sign Reyes.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Neither player is named Michael Bourne. There is no correlation. I could easily choose two players with 3.0 or better WAR values who maintained their production. Regardless, there is no basis for saying Michael Bourn stinks. If you want to ssy he is overrated, you may be able to do that, but being overrated doesn't mean he stinks.
    Ok. I'll agree to that. He doesn't stink, but he is overrated, and not someone I would want to pursue should Wilpon open his pockets to get titles. We can do way better.

vCash
    karlravechespn karl ravech
    If the Mets had money to spend and added Anibal Sanchez and Michael Bourn, how far off would they really be?

vCash
    Would anyone give Hamilton 3yrs/30 mil?
    If he'd take that, along w/ Bourn 3 yrs/66 mil and Brian Wilson 1 yr/3 mil, would that make us a WS favorite?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    If he'd take that, along w/ Bourn 3 yrs/66 mil and Brian Wilson 1 yr/3 mil, would that make us a WS favorite?
    Hamilton would cost more in FA than Bourn.

If Bourn can be had for 3yrs/45 million I would do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    I think if the Mets could have Hamilton for twice that, they'd probably do it. But they likely can't. And probably no one else is worth giving up the 11th overall draft pick next year.

So they'll probably wait one more year and do all their free agent splurging in one off-season, so as to minimize the loss of draft picks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12