Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

• Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game

and his on-field play :

• Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rogers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rogers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    Actually everything you said is truth. I think your being a bit kind though. Manning ranks in the 30 to 25 on most all time lists. Brady is a top 3. Most everyone agrees with this. All those you listed Brees, Brady, Ben, Ryan, even Flacco and Rivers I would say have much better arms and out performs him in most areas. I also agree with the neck thing. What QB is not a little dinged up come seasons end? It just took Manning a little longer to heal that ding. Great post and thread by the way. Well thought out and to the point. Well done Sir.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    cuz Peyton is the master. the Godfather

He's like the Ray Lewis of quarterbacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Actually everything you said is truth. I think your being a bit kind though. Manning ranks in the 30 to 25 on most all time lists. Brady is a top 3. Most everyone agrees with this. All those you listed Brees, Brady, Ben, Ryan, even Flacco and Rivers I would say have much better arms and out performs him in most areas. I also agree with the neck thing. What QB is not a little dinged up come seasons end? It just took Manning a little longer to heal that ding. Great post and thread by the way. Well thought out and to the point. Well done Sir.
    What lists, exactly, are you referring to?

And literally nobody does what Peyton does at scrimmage. Nobody. The players all talk about it. Sure, some players call a lot of audibles, but nobody does what Peyton does.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    He is the perfect face of the NFL.
    Outside of the pink ugly sweaty forehead of his.

BTW wouldn't "golden boy" Brady with his 3 titles be more the face of the NFL? You know 6th round draft pick makes good.

He does good TV appearances. That's key.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    - Brady has done everything and Peyton has and more? Not really, considering on both a counting basis and a per game basis Peyton has the advantage in nearly every major statistical category. Brady only has the rings over Manning, otherwise they're neck and neck.
    Sorry Int% is among the 4 key stats and Brady buries Manning in that.

Manning's QB Rating is about 7-8 points higher in the Dome than outside. Brady's QB Rating is higher outside AND in Domes than Manning. How about Brady was a Dome QB like Manning, then he'd be much further ahead than he is of Manning.

- Lack of postseason success? He has a ring and has been to another Super Bowl, I wouldn't call that lack of success.
    A record of 9-10 in the playoffs and a total melt down in Foxboro w/ 4 picks and then tossing his OL under the bus in the post game presser is nothing to trumpet.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    its a great system not saying brady sucks but the system makes him a hof qb. All he does is throw to tight ends and dump of to welker i dont see what so amazing about that. Cassel went 11-5. Dont give em Randy Moss because cullpper n cunnigham both had over 30 tds with him he is a steroid to qbs stats. LLoyd just lead the nfl in yards with denver not that long ago he looks like a avg player with brady. Chad johnson was a none factor its always dink and donk to tight ends and welker. When brady numbers where avg thats when they won.
    Did you ever see who his targets were before 2007?

Is either Welker or Moss a TE? Want to review the 2007 season before you talk TE's. TE's were never a big part of the NE offense until Gronk showed up - nothing compared to the Colts offense certainly in terms of TE's.

R U sure you've actually watched Brady?

Cassell went 11-5 after a 16-0 season. How come a rookie like Luck has such a nice record with such a weak team? BTW Cassell made the top 10 QB Rating list in 2010 (8) in 2010 with KC after he left New England - guess that evaded your attention as well.

Lloyd? You must be joking. He's on a path for having either his 3rd or 4th best year. So? Go ahead and look at the careers of the WR's that left New England - huge failures left and right. In Year 1 with Welker, Gronk, AH on the field? You sure about that this is a bad year?

Dink and Dunk?

Moss 2007 - 98 for 1493 with 23 TD's
    Gronk 90 for 1327 for 17 TD's

Best year by a TE ever, arguably best WR year.

Please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Did you ever see who his targets were before 2007?

Is either Welker or Moss a TE? Want to review the 2007 season before you talk TE's. TE's were never a big part of the NE offense until Gronk showed up - nothing compared to the Colts offense certainly in terms of TE's.

R U sure you've actually watched Brady?

Cassell went 11-5 after a 16-0 season. How come a rookie like Luck has such a nice record with such a weak team? BTW Cassell made the top 10 QB Rating list in 2010 (8) in 2010 with KC after he left New England - guess that evaded your attention as well.

Lloyd? You must be joking. He's on a path for having either his 3rd or 4th best year. So? Go ahead and look at the careers of the WR's that left New England - huge failures left and right. In Year 1 with Welker, Gronk, AH on the field? You sure about that this is a bad year?

Dink and Dunk?

Moss 2007 - 98 for 1493 with 23 TD's
    Gronk 90 for 1327 for 17 TD's

Best year by a TE ever, arguably best WR year.

Please.
    Not sure why people forget Manning has been carried but his Pro Bowl help and Brady has carried his teammates. You also forgot to mention Cassel is a Pro Bowl player.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Sorry Int% is among the 4 key stats and Brady buries Manning in that.

Manning's QB Rating is about 7-8 points higher in the Dome than outside. Brady's QB Rating is higher outside AND in Domes than Manning. How about Brady was a Dome QB like Manning, then he'd be much further ahead than he is of Manning.

A record of 9-10 in the playoffs and a total melt down in Foxboro w/ 4 picks and then tossing his OL under the bus in the post game presser is nothing to trumpet.
    Fun fact: In the years they've both been starting QB's, in other words since 2001, Brady has had a better season QB Rating 4 times. Peyton has been better the other 7 times. And in that time span, their QB Ratings are:

Peyton: 98.3
    Brady: 96.9

If we looked at the splits in that time, I can literally 100% guarantee Brady is worse either outdoors, indoors or both. Brady had a few years in the league to observe and learn before playing, Peyton was just thrown into the fire.

And to that end, if you take out literally ONLY his rookie year, Peyton has the higher career QB Rating, and therefore a higher indoor or outdoor rating or both.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    i think its because he's the catalyst for the current way QB's are expected to play in the league. Others such as Brady, Brees, and Rodgers have had success or even eclipsed Peyton, but he was really the first to do it and really expanded and revolutionized the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    What lists, exactly, are you referring to?

And literally nobody does what Peyton does at scrimmage. Nobody. The players all talk about it. Sure, some players call a lot of audibles, but nobody does what Peyton does.
    Ummm not sure if you have watched Brady this year but he has taken Manning's hurry up and made it look grade schoolish.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Fun fact: In the years they've both been starting QB's, in other words since 2001, Brady has had a better season QB Rating 4 times. Peyton has been better the other 7 times. And in that time span, their QB Ratings are:

Peyton: 98.3
    Brady: 96.9

If we looked at the splits in that time, I can literally 100% guarantee Brady is worse either outdoors, indoors or both. Brady had a few years in the league to observe and learn before playing, Peyton was just thrown into the fire.

And to that end, if you take out literally ONLY his rookie year, Peyton has the higher career QB Rating, and therefore a higher indoor or outdoor rating or both.

Brady did that with no talent. Manning was carried by the best in the game. If Manning played on any other team outside the star studded Colts I dont know if he would still be around today. It really is not even close.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    Who's Rogers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
    Real insightful comment there, Lol. . .
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post