Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 284
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    812
    vCash
    1500
    Because he flaps his arms around and runs around at the line of scrimmage..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,148
    vCash
    1500
    because he is the goat and brady is a system qb i dont care how successful he is

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Number 1 nobody reads a defense like he does.
    Number 2 while others are good students of the game he is a great student. No one prepares for a game as much as he does, and if you are truly a football fan you have heard of how meticulous and demanding manning is each and every practice.
    Number 3 brady has had better coaches and teams. Thats why hes won more superbowls (well that and the patriots are a bunch of skeezy cheaters). Manning has won 4 mvp's though so brady hasnt done everythin peyton has.
    Number 4 none of those qb's you mentioned recieve 0 credit... they are all elite qb's lol
    After all this nonsense= Brady over Manning 8 days a week! Manning is sure fire HOFer without a doubt........Brady will go down as Legand!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waukegan,IL
    Posts
    1,362
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    because he is the goat and brady is a system qb i dont care how successful he is
    A system QB that is a first ballot hall of famer? That is an interesting comment on your part.

    Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    because he is the goat and brady is a system qb idon t care how successful he is
    Thanks for playing.
    You're officially disqualified from being taken seriously.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

    Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

    I am speaking of :

    • Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game


    and his on-field play :

    • Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rogers, Brees have just as many rings


    I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

    Brady, Rogers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

    Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

    I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

    The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    - Brady has done everything and Peyton has and more? Not really, considering on both a counting basis and a per game basis Peyton has the advantage in nearly every major statistical category. Brady only has the rings over Manning, otherwise they're neck and neck.

    - Lack of postseason success? He has a ring and has been to another Super Bowl, I wouldn't call that lack of success.

    - Rodgers and Brees have the same number of rings, so do Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. What's your point? Rings mean absolute **** when evaluating players.

    - If you want to **** on the media or fans for giving Peyton too much credit for the audibles go ahead, but you know why he deserves his credit? Listen to what other players say about him. Watch Ray Lewis talk about him on the NFL 100. Look up other player interviews. I remember Darrelle Revis talking about him after the '09 AFC title game and saying that by the third quarter he was calling out the defensive assignment of all 11 players on the defense regularly. Those guys are a lot smarter than us. If they say he's as good as advertised then he is.
    We're better than you
    And we know it


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportMessiah View Post
    A system QB that is a first ballot hall of famer? That is an interesting comment on your part.
    its a great system not saying brady sucks but the system makes him a hof qb. All he does is throw to tight ends and dump of to welker i dont see what so amazing about that. Cassel went 11-5. Dont give em Randy Moss because cullpper n cunnigham both had over 30 tds with him he is a steroid to qbs stats. LLoyd just lead the nfl in yards with denver not that long ago he looks like a avg player with brady. Chad johnson was a none factor its always dink and donk to tight ends and welker. When brady numbers where avg thats when they won.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,413
    vCash
    1150
    Because he waves his arms around yells and exaggerates it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,106
    vCash
    1500
    I don't get this. The media doesn't fawn over Brady, Brees, and Rodgers? Last I heard, people talk about Brady being Manning's competitive equal, that Rodgers has ungodly accuracy (and he's mobile, dammit), and that Brees is an extraordinary passer.

    Peyton's near the end of his career and having an incredible comeback season--of course he's getting great media. Last year it was all about Rodgers' incredible MVP season.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    346
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with what people have already said.

    Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady all seem to get the same coverage.

    If anything, they all seem to have different strengths/differentiation from the rest.

    Rodgers- Young, up and coming. Elite at everything he does. Known as the guy that can make any throw from any place on the field, in and outside the pocket.

    Brees- He seems to have taken on the Farve persona, the guy you don't want with the ball in his hands at the end. Can do the unbelievable and do it unbelievable quick. Just fearless.

    Manning- Seems to be the old wise man. He nots athletic but doesn't need to be because he will beat you with his mind. Always been the most cerebral QB of the bunch.

    Brady- Really Brady to me has kind of seemed like a mix of all them. He can do a little bit of everything, very marketable. If anything, I'd say he is the "true" poster child of the NFL because he has sex appeal because of his good looks. Plus ESPN loves his wang because of NE.

    Nevertheless, these 4 guys have constant coverage. There is no bias any which way. However, Peyton and Brady have lots of marketing coverage with their advertisements. Brees and Rodgers quickly follow up with their commercials but I definitely see Peyton and Brady in commercials or magazines the most.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

    Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

    I am speaking of :

    • Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game


    and his on-field play :

    • Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rogers, Brees have just as many rings


    I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

    Brady, Rogers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

    Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

    I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

    The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    I get what you're saying as far as on the field during the play, he does nothing that Brady or any other quarterback doesn't do. But he brought his Indy playbook to Denver and it has translated entirely. He is his own offensive coordinator. As far as football intelligence, I don't know that there's ever been a player that has studied the game and known it better then he has.

    In addition to being an absolutely amazing player, he's also a class act off. The reason the media slobs all over him is because he is exactly what every NFL player should be. He works extremely hard at everything football related and has never done anything or been involved in anything that hurt the game in any way. He also says all the right things all the time and has never complained once. Even when being released (unfairly in my opinion) he was grateful.

    As far as your comment about his last MVP award, he totally deserved that. I don't know that he was head and shoulders above everyone else, but it wasn't like he wasn't good compared to the other candidates that year

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    because he is the goat and brady is a system qb i dont care how successful he is


    obvious troll is obvious

    PSD's Aaron Dropson

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    14,128
    vCash
    1500
    ITT

    Petty hate

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    591
    vCash
    1500
    Will "god" take the Broncos any further this season than Tebow did last year? The cubbard wasn't exactly empty when Peyton arrived.
    And to answer the question: no better than 50/50.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    Tom Brady gets an enormous credit for the Patriots' success. I personally think its unfair, but I bet a lot of people would disagree with that stance. But I don't think Tom Brady wins as many championships with Peyton Manning's teams.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •