Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I'm going to keep it simple, if it's the system then how come Orton, Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Delhomme(Cleveland days), Derek Anderson, Quinn, Charlie Frye, etc. all aren't pro bowl QB's?
    This..

Tom Brady is not a system Qb..

He has tremendous accuracy, tremendous arm strength, and is one of the better students of the game.

System QB's don't put up these type of numbers for that length of time, this isn't college football.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeesR#2 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I think it's because he looks like he's what used to be known as "********". I think people are surprised that someone who looks like he is stupid is so intelligent.

If you look at the other good quaterbacks, Brady, Breeze, Rogers they are all good looking guys, Manning is anything but or should I say he looks like someone's butt. Even Eli is a normal looking guy.

People have an image of quaterbacks and Payton does not fit that image. When it turns out that "dolt" is a great quaterback people tend to over praise him because he is not fitting the image people have of him when they see him.
    Brees has a dog turd on his face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keetyweedy View Post
    are you playing dumb are or are you just mentally dysfunctional? wasnt Josh Mcdanials the person who directed that New England offense when they went 18-1 & 11-5? Didnt josh Mcdanials return to New England last yr Implement that very same offense as we speak?
    Besides the fact that your post should be removed for insulting a member of PSD - I am right. The offense - including its nomenclature, the patterns being run, and the percentage of personnel groups being used between 2007 and 2012 are not the same. There are some commonalities obviously, but that doesn't mean it's the same. I am surprised that someone who opines so much about Brady and the Patriots should be so fundamentally ill-informed. BB is all about learning and adapting and going counter to prior patterns.

9-10? you mean 6-10? smh... he did have a bad yr throwing 26INT but also threw for over 4,000 yds with 62.7 completion %, which was actually a better completion % than 2 of 3 of Brady's Superbowl winning seasons so go figure....Oh yeah and Edgerrin James ACL tear didnt help any either
    9-10 is Mannings career playoff record.

well when you only throw for less than 4,000 yds for only three times in 15 yrs It shows you they are doing hell of alot more throwing than running which would imply that outside of Edgerrin James and 2 decent seasons out of Joseph Addai that he really didn't have a running game
    Manning has gotten more out of his running game since 2001 than Brady got out of his, surrounded by a more expensive and better set of offensive players then Brady had as I posted earlier in this thread.
    please dont be bias because your a Patriots fan
    Stop letting your frustration cause you to insult other posters.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Is Manning really under .500 in the postseason? Wow, I was always under the impression he had a better winning %

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Is Manning really under .500 in the postseason? Wow, I was always under the impression he had a better winning %
    The year he won the SB in the playoffs he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I'm going to keep it simple, if it's the system then how come Orton, Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Delhomme(Cleveland days), Derek Anderson, Quinn, Charlie Frye, etc. all aren't pro bowl QB's?

what does any of this have to do with anything??

and Derek Anderson was a pro-bowl QB
    Shawn: Do you think they'll notice??
    Dirk: Nah we should be ok, just act normal
    DALLAS MAVERICKS
    Cuban Era
    11 50+ season
    12 straight playoff appearances
    2 Division titles(2007, 2010)
    2 Conference titles(2006, 2011)
    2010-2011 NBA Champions

vCash

Nothing is funny to Derek Anderson.

vCash

The point was in reference to Josh McDaniels, Charlie Weiss, and the Mangenius having specific offensive philosophies that could make any QB good.

Obviously most of those QBs he has listed aren't and haven't become that or for that matter haven't had the prolonged level of success Brady has.

Making one pro bowl isn't the mark of a good QB either considering how many guys drop out of the game and who they are replaced with.

Tom Brady is not a product of a system, just let it go..
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

• Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game

and his on-field play :

• Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rodgers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rodgers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    Because he's one of the elite players at the most important position consistently and over such a long span.

Brees and Rodgers have not done it for as long.

Brady gets just as much credit or more, but remember him tearing his ACL and Matt Cassell leading Belichek's team to 11 wins without Brady? Therefore, Belichek gets some of NE's credit. When Manning missed an entire season his team didn't win a game until week 13 or 14 and only won two all year. That shows his immense importance. He has won with different head coaches too, so you can't just say his coach was a main factor.

I'm not saying Manning is better than Brady, but it is debatable. And those are my reasons for Manning getting hype. I'm not going to compare it to Tebow, because Manning plays and produces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    but remember him tearing his ACL and Matt Cassell leading Belichek's team to 11 wins without Brady?
    I wonder when people will finally get sick of this one....

Brady in 2007: 18-1 .948 - SB Team
    Cassel in 2008: 11-5 .688 - Missed playoffs

Cassel was 8th in the NFL in QB Rating in 2010 on KC, so he wasn't exactly an idiot like the Colts offering last year. That's a .260 difference in winning percentage in favor of Brady.

Therefore, Belichek gets some of NE's credit. When Manning missed an entire season his team didn't win a game until week 13 or 14 and only won two all year. That shows his immense importance. He has won with different head coaches too, so you can't just say his coach was a main factor.
    Really?

2010: 10-7 .588 (typical Manning 1st round loss)
    2011: 2-12 .125 (suck for Luck - 72.2 QB Rating by the 3 stooges at QB)
    2012: 9-4 .692 (Luck)

So, are you going to have to change your story? Luck a rookie to date this year has a substantially better record than Manning in 2010, and a .104 better winning percentage. So Luck > Manning? If you think whatever Cassel did that year somehow overshadowed Brady, then you must agree Luck > Manning.

So your point is? Blown up.............

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

• Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game

and his on-field play :

• Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rodgers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rodgers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    I think Peyton Manning is the biggest game changer this league has ever seen. Brady's good, but I don't think his teams success depends on him like Peyton's have in the past.

vCash
    Yeah real system QB Brady is with 3 TD passes in the first half against a top 5 defense in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah real system QB Brady is with 3 TD passes in the first half against a top 5 defense in the league.
    Manning would have had 7.
    Rodgers had 6 against this "so-called top D"

Manning is the GOAT and you all can say what you want it is the truth.

If you don't get the sarcasm. I've written it out here for you.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    Manning would have had 7.
    Rodgers had 6 against this "so-called top D"

Manning is the GOAT and you all can say what you want it is the truth.

If you don't get the sarcasm. I've written it out here for you.
    Lol... I noticed

15. 12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
    Reason
    Insults

vCash
    LOL. Bags hates PM so much.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast