Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Missing the point. Neither Peyton nor Brady has ever claimed publicly to be better than the other or even acknowledged the rivalry in any kind of meaningful way. There's no bitterness between them like Russell and Chamberlain and there's no bragging rights between best friends pushing them like Bird and Magic. To be honest it seems like the only people who don't care about the rivalry are Peyton and Brady. If Peyton really cared about it he would have signed with the Jets or Dolphins to play Brady twice a year or the 49ers to give him the best chance to beat them.
    Hahahha yet another bull job.

Wilt and Russell were friends until shortly after the 1969 Finals often having dinner at each others houses the day before, or day of the game. You can read all about it in Bill's book, and Wilt's personal life wiki even covers it to some extent.

Brady came out and said last year that Manning was the GOAT. Another example of his graciousness and another example of your how should I say it? Flubbing it up.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, Recruit. It isn't just Bronco and Colt fans who won't pay attention to what you have to say, it's all fans of all teams. Everywhere. Since forever.
    Lol I think its borderline pathetic that you have to attempt to insult me by bringing up my number of posts on the forum.

I bet that makes you feel great.... Open your eyes and look through the posts. Plenty of people agree with me.

vCash
    At least Tebow won a playoff game with the Broncos sorry. had too. Tebow is my boy. i hope he gets another shot
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    That being said, i respect Peyton more than anything
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Gotta wonder what Tebow is doing right now ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys1797 View Post
    Gotta wonder what Tebow is doing right now ?
    laughing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    laughing
    In a few months there's a great chance he'll be competing to be Anthony Calvillo's backup. He definitely shouldn't be laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
    In a few months there's a great chance he'll be competing to be Anthony Calvillo's backup. He definitely shouldn't be laughing.
    Savor the moment now my friend for tomorrow we dine in hell!

vCash
    Peyton Manning gets more credit than others because he is extremely likable. The 2 QBs that the consensus finds to be better than him sometimes come off as douchebags, so it's easy to give Peyton the benefit of the doubt. Aside from Romo, I really can't think of many star QBs that come up short when it counts more than Peyton.

vCash
    Tebow>Payments Manning
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Payments Manning accepted a payment from Ray Lewis to throw the Ravens game.

vCash
    As a Bears fan, it's incredibly embarrassing that we actually made Peyton a champion. He was truly destined to be the Dan Marino of our generation...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    - Brady has done everything and Peyton has and more? Not really, considering on both a counting basis and a per game basis Peyton has the advantage in nearly every major statistical category. Brady only has the rings over Manning, otherwise they're neck and neck.

- Lack of postseason success? He has a ring and has been to another Super Bowl, I wouldn't call that lack of success.

- Rodgers and Brees have the same number of rings, so do Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. What's your point? Rings mean absolute **** when evaluating players.

- If you want to **** on the media or fans for giving Peyton too much credit for the audibles go ahead, but you know why he deserves his credit? Listen to what other players say about him. Watch Ray Lewis talk about him on the NFL 100. Look up other player interviews. I remember Darrelle Revis talking about him after the '09 AFC title game and saying that by the third quarter he was calling out the defensive assignment of all 11 players on the defense regularly. Those guys are a lot smarter than us. If they say he's as good as advertised then he is.
    Brady leads Manning in the most important stat. He turns the ball over much less than Manning, and has throughout his career. HCFF showed a statistic that each turnover decreases your teams chance to win by 20% per turnover. Manning has always turned the ball over at a much high clip than Brady.

Anyone who has been paying attention the last 20 years from his college days on, know that Manning has been a complete dissapointment in the playoffs, or bowl games.

The guy has the most one and dones in NFL history, by a starting QB with 8. With 3 of those being at home. Which is absolutely ridiculous to think about. He is tied with the most loses in NFL history, with 11. He has a 9 w 11 L playoff record. He has had 2 of the 3 worst games of his career(with his worst being one of them), 0-5 in games under 40 degrees, and 3-9 outdoors in the playoffs. You are a god damn fool, if you think he hasn't been a dissapointment in the playoffs.

With 1 game to win, and I could choose between the top 20 QB's in nfl history. He would be in the lower tier. Based on what I have seen from him over the last 20 years.
    Last edited by Elway=goat; 01-13-2013 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Quinnsanity

Brady has done everything and Peyton has and more? Not really
    QB Rating indoors and out of doors? Brady is better at both than Manning.

Both QB's are 7-8 points better indoors than out of doors. If one EQ's them to have the same percentage of games played inside ond out - to say 50%, Brady will crucify Manning.

Code:
                                         Manning     Brady   (from CHFF)

Precipitation                      83.8          94.2             

Cold                                 82.6          98.8

Windy                               90.8          96.2

Domes                              98.3        103.1
    Hot house flower Manning exposed.

Turnovers:

Brady throws .7 Int's + .19 Fumb lost = .89 TO's per game started.

Manning throws .93 Int's +.09 Fumb lost = 1.02 TO's per game started.

Even with the advantage in fumbles, Manning turns the ball over more, in particular in the air.

* according to CHFF in 12/12, Manning has 20 fumbles lost in his career, and Brady has 34.

Should really delve into Manning's morbid even horrific playoff story? Nah... you guys already know it.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819