Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Threaded View

vCash

Why Does Peyton Manning Get the Tebow Treatment Every Year?

I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

• Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game

and his on-field play :

• Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rodgers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rodgers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    Last edited by RateSports; 12-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.