Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why Does Peyton Manning Get the Tebow Treatment Every Year?

I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

• Audibles at the line of scrimmage
    • Being a good student of the game

and his on-field play :

• Brady has done everything Peyton has… and more
    • His lack of postseason success
    • Rodgers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rodgers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    Last edited by RateSports; 12-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.

vCash
    Honestly. I have my own feelings about the guy, which I'm sure you can pick up by my user name.

To answer your questions,

The truth is he's the golden boy. He is the perfect face of the NFL. The NFL loves players like Peyton and sulk in it. He's more than a QB. He abides by the rules, student of the game, coaches pet, book worm, gym rat, work ethic like no other, well respected human being amongst his peers (including owners, coaches, teammates, opposition teammates, corporate level etc.), he has the blood line in the NFL, he handles the media excellent, he says all the right things, he's been fortunate enough to not have HC’s or other payers with their own storylines. The list goes on.

The NFL of course jumps on the "poster boy" image. It sells the brand.

Remember, Peyton didn’t ask for this.

More direct, look at his WR corps in the beginning of the year. Look how sloppy it was. Just watch the first 3 games of the year. Look at them now. It's remarkable how much he works with these guys. It's a well-oiled machine, fluid. He increases everyone's play around him. Hence, making a winning team. Hence, the NFL loves winning.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 12-06-2012 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I know every Bronco/Colt fan will not pay any attention to what I am about to say, but thats fine.

Why does Peyton Manning consistently receive more credit for doing exactly what other QBs do?

I am speaking of :

and his on-field play :

• Rogers, Brees have just as many rings

I am NOT saying Peyton is overrated because he is one of the best QBs of all-time. I am just curious as to why the media (ESPN and so forth) continue to praise him for doing things that plenty of QBs do.

Brady, Rogers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

I feel like if Manning has a good season (in today's case, great season) he will ALWAYS be the front-runner for MVP even if he is outperformed (look up his last MVP and tell me who really deserved it).

The neck surgery recovery is incredible and it is an amazing story but it isn't the reason he is receiving as much praise as he is getting. He was praised and worshipped every single year before that.
    He receives just credit as do other good QBs. It is not excessive given his status as one of the leagues top 3 QBs for over a decade.

Those other you speak of are credited as well. I expect the problem is more with your hearing and believing you hear his name "significantly" more than others. You are trying to find fault with recognition of his status as one of the best than lack of coverage of the other great and good QBs in the league. The best guys will always get treated differently. That is just the way of the world.

BTW, today is Thursday and he is the QB of one of the teams playing in the Thursday night game. Most media outlets today will provide plenty of coverage in preparation for that.
    Last edited by subroc; 12-06-2012 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    He receives just credit as do other good QBs. It is not excessive given his status as one of the leagues top 3 QBs for over a decade.

Those other you speak of are credited as well. I expect the problem is more with your hearing and believing you hear his name "significantly" more than others. You are trying to find fault with recognition of his status as one of the best than lack of coverage of the other great and good QBs in the league. The best guys will always get treated differently. That is just the way of the world.
    I agree with this assessment as well. Well said.

vCash
    because unlike tebow, manning is good at what he does
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports:24610123

I am speaking of :

and his on-field play :

• Rogers, Brees have just as many rings

Brady, Rogers and Brees audible just as much as Manning does but no one seems to notice.

Rogers, Brees, Brady, Ben, Eli, Ryan are all studying game film religiously and receive zero credit.

Number 1 nobody reads a defense like he does.
    Number 2 while others are good students of the game he is a great student. No one prepares for a game as much as he does, and if you are truly a football fan you have heard of how meticulous and demanding manning is each and every practice.
    Number 3 brady has had better coaches and teams. Thats why hes won more superbowls (well that and the patriots are a bunch of skeezy cheaters). Manning has won 4 mvp's though so brady hasnt done everythin peyton has.
    Number 4 none of those qb's you mentioned recieve 0 credit... they are all elite qb's lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Number 1 nobody reads a defense like he does.
    Number 2 while others are good students of the game he is a great student. No one prepares for a game as much as he does, and if you are truly a football fan you have heard of how meticulous and demanding manning is each and every practice.
    Number 3 brady has had better coaches and teams. Thats why hes won more superbowls (well that and the patriots are a bunch of skeezy cheaters). Manning has won 4 mvp's though so brady hasnt done everythin peyton has.
    Number 4 none of those qb's you mentioned recieve 0 credit... they are all elite qb's lol
    Absurd generalizations and throwaway statements, none of which can be actually proven.
    "Nobody reads a defense like he does."
    "While others are good students of the game he is a great student."
    Absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Honestly. I have my own feelings about the guy, which I'm sure you can pick up by my user name.

The truth is he's the golden boy. He is the perfect face of the NFL. The NFL loves players like Peyton and sulk in it. He's more than a QB. He abides by the rules, student of the game, coaches pet, book worm, gym rat, work ethic like no other, well respected human being amongst his peers (including owners, coaches, teammates, opposition teammates, corporate level etc.), he has the blood line in the NFL, he handles the media excellent, he says all the right things, he's been fortunate enough to not have HCís or other payers with their own storylines. The list goes on.

Remember, Peyton didnít ask for this.

More direct, look at his WR corps in the beginning of the year. Look how sloppy it was. Just watch the first 3 games of the year. Look at them now. It's remarkable how much he works with these guys. It's a well-oiled machine, fluid. He increases everyone's play around him. Hence, making a winning team. Hence, the NFL loves winning.
    This is the type of stuff the OP im sure is also referring to. If Manning struggles against elite teams it's because he was rusty.

Not by chance that having to go against three of the best teams had to be a big reason for his struggles. Going against lesser competition cures alot of things in case you don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Anyone who thinks he's leaving is on a good one. and if he does leave in the summer ill delete my psd account forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Absurd generalizations and throwaway statements, none of which can be actually proven.
    "Nobody reads a defense like he does."
    "While others are good students of the game he is a great student."
    Absurd.
    Pretty sure if you asked any player that's played against him defensively they would tell you nobody reads a defense like Peyton. After the Superbowl in 06 Urlacher talked about it, and has in the years since, that Peyton said exactly what people were doing and they'd kind of look at each other like 'well what now?'

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    You obviously didnt watch those games... the offense was out of synch
    Last edited by mgjohnson7851; 12-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    He uses his big head for mind control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post

The truth is he's the golden boy. He is the perfect face of the NFL. The NFL loves players like Peyton and sulk in it. He's more than a QB. He abides by the rules, student of the game, coaches pet, book worm, gym rat, work ethic like no other, well respected human being amongst his peers (including owners, coaches, teammates, opposition teammates, corporate level etc.), he has the blood line in the NFL, he handles the media excellent, he says all the right things, he's been fortunate enough to not have HCís or other payers with their own storylines. The list goes on.

Remember, Peyton didnít ask for this.

Exactly

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    This is the type of stuff the OP im sure is also referring to. If Manning struggles against elite teams it's because he was rusty.

Not by chance that having to go against three of the best teams had to be a big reason for his struggles. Going against lesser competition cures alot of things in case you don't know.
    Yeah, Peyton and his 115+ QB rating lost the Pats game, couldn't have been McGehee's absurdly badly timed fumble and agregious drop on 4th and 1! And Peyton sure did suck against that Steelers D didn't he?

Jesus. Every QB has off games. And if the Bears win against the colts week 1 doesn't count cause 'rookie first game' I think Peyton can play the 'first couple of games back from 4 neck surgeries on a new team for the first time ever.' Card.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Yeah, Peyton and his 115+ QB rating lost the Pats game, couldn't have been McGehee's absurdly badly timed fumble and agregious drop on 4th and 1! And Peyton sure did suck against that Steelers D didn't he?

Jesus. Every QB has off games. And if the Bears win against the colts week 1 doesn't count cause 'rookie first game' I think Peyton can play the 'first couple of games back from 4 neck surgeries on a new team for the first time ever.' Card.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Anyone who thinks he's leaving is on a good one. and if he does leave in the summer ill delete my psd account forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash

Why Does Peyton Manning Get the Tebow Treatment Every Year?

Because Peyton is god

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast