Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellslikePhily View Post
    Yeah 22 combined championships, who would want that? Good trade Worley is overrated and who knows about may.
    #4 Pitcher is overrated. Please explain to me how?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    The position isn't overrated I just don't believe Worley is that great of a pitcher. Everyone made a big deal about Happ leaving too and he's average at best. I'll take a starting OF over a 4th pitcher any day.

vCash
    Exactly, you can't explain to me why he's overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    He's overrated because a large sample of people I've talked to in the Philly area think he is more than a mid-rotation pitcher. It's possible they are right, but not likely. Because of this, he is probably overrated.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Hopefully Worley doens't become the next Gavin Floyd. I like that they lock up a young CF but don't they have anyone in the minors with this skill set already? What I do like is how much money they saved by trading for Revere, hopefully this means we are getting Hamilton to play RF now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba17 View Post
    Exactly! People are never pleased. I was reading comments on other websites and people were complaining about this guy not having any power. Just because Amaro got one player doesn't mean the whole offseason is over now. Just think if he gets Swisher or Hamilton. We have the speed in the lineup and someone who can cover lots of ground in the outfield in Revere, and a power hitting corner OF. It's highly likely that we are going to get the power hitting OF, especially since we saved so much money trading for Revere.

Let's see how the rest of the offseason pans out. I'm sure if we end up with Revere, Swisher, Young, Mike Adams, and Shaun Marcum, no one is going to be complaining.

Rollins
    Young
    Utley
    Howard
    Swisher
    Chooch
    Ruf
    Revere

Halladay
    Lee
    Hamels
    Marcum
    Kendrick

Aumont
    Adams
    Papelbon

No one would care that we lost Worley and May at that point.
    Manuel said on 97.5 the Fanatic that Revere has a good chance to leadoff when he sees more of him, he said it also depends on who we end up with. Charlie did mention though that he was thinking about hitting Rollins in the 2 hole to split up the lefties. I would imagine that if we get Young our lineup would look something like this on opening day:

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Brown
    Ruf
    Kratz

With Chooch back:

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Ruiz
    Brown
    Ruf
    Last edited by bringbackfredex; 12-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Manuel said on 97.5 the Fanatic that Revere has a good chance to leadoff when he sees more of him, he said it also depends on who we end up with. Charlie did mention though that he was thinking about hitting Rollins in the 2 hole to split up the lefties. I would imagine that if we get Young our lineup would look something like this on opening day:

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Brown
    Ruf
    Kratz

With Chooch back:

Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Ruiz
    Brown
    Ruf
    Brown hasn't proven much of anything and Ruf is a bit of an uknown too. That is two big question marks in the lineup I assume they will add a corner outfield. Mayberry has actually shown more than Brown thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    Brown hasn't proven much of anything and Ruf is a bit of an uknown too. That is two big question marks in the lineup I assume they will add a corner outfield. Mayberry has actually shown more than Brown thus far.
    Brown quietly hit pretty well the last few months and was very good at putting his bat on the ball. Mayberry was a failure pretty much all aspects the entire season and Brown is going into his first full year, so I can't see them going the Mayberry route again.

Hope they add either a Ross or Swisher type player to give us some depth in the outfield, but as of now Brown is the starter.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    I'm in the minority (and I'm usually 100% dead-on balls accurate), but you guys won this deal IMO. Revere is a solid return. He'll take outs away from the other team all game long and he could steal 50 bases if you cut him loose.

Good pickup, I wish we had done something similar. Revere would be the best everyday player in our lineup not named David Wright. We got too many dumbass fans who know **** about Revere though.

vCash
    I'd imagine the Worley/May combo got dangled to a lot of teams, but nobody bit so it was either do nothing at all in CF, overpay for Bourn, or make this trade. Hard to complain. It's easily the lesser of the 3 evils imo. Especially if we still make a big move like Hamilton and/or Young (can we afford them both?). Revere's speed would look that much sexier at the top of the lineup.

I am gonna miss the Vanimal though.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Vanimal=Don Carman.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    JBendz,

Fiscally, both players are affordable. However, it still comes down to cost benefit analysis for each player.

To want Hamilton at the rate he's asking, you have to convince yourself he's going to average something like 140 games per season. Then you have to figure out how many seasons he's likely to do that. If the Phillies answered none to that second question (not an unreasonable answer by any means), then they simply won't sign him for any length of time.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    The Phillies should remain open to signing Michael Bourn if his price drops enough. One or both of Bourn or Revere could be traded at a later date. The market is flush with center fielders at the moment, but it's always a problem position for half a dozen teams by May.

Emphasis on Bourn's price dropping "enough." We're talking BJ Upton money or less. There's maybe a 15% chance that might happen.
    Last edited by The A Team; 12-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    The Phillies should remain open to signing Michael Bourn if his price drops enough. One or both of Bourn or Revere could be traded at a later date. The market is flush with center fielders at the moment, but it's always a problem position for half a dozen teams by May.

Emphasis on Bourn's price dropping "enough." We're talking BJ Upton money or less. There's maybe a 15% chance that might happen.

i'm confused about two things:

1) what do you do with your OF with both of them? i'm assuming you stick one of them in LF?

2) why would any team pay market value in a trade, or anywhere near it for that matter, if they know you're stuck with both? i mean if i'm a team and i see the phillies sign bourn after trading for revere, i'm thinking they are gonna want to trade one of them at some point. so why would you risk getting stuck with both when you don't need both?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post

Definitely don't agree, the team has more pressing needs and Bourn isn't worth anywhere close to what he's going to make even if his price drops.

I get what you're trying to say, but I just don't see how having 3 lefty speedy outfielders that don't hit for power is good to start the season with.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast