Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bad trade

Ruben Amoron makes another bad trade I hope he has something good up his sleeve.this guy is nothing more than a punch n judy hitter with speed he has a terrible arm no power at all and a bad obp...We gave up way to much should have just signed Juan Piere instead besides age not much difference.

This trade is just more proof RA doesnt know young talent.He either gets raped in a trade when it involves prospects or he signs vets that use to be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Ruben Amoron makes another bad trade I hope he has something good up his sleeve.this guy is nothing more than a punch n judy hitter with speed he has a terrible arm no power at all and a bad obp...We gave up way to much should have just signed Juan Piere instead besides age not much difference.

This trade is just more proof RA doesnt know young talent.He either gets raped in a trade when it involves prospects or he signs vets that use to be good.
    I think you're incredibly off base here. Worley is overrated and Mays wasn't a huge loss. Revere is 24, a great fielder, a good contact and average hitter with great speed. Someone recently said a poor mans Bourne. I disagree. I think he's better than Bourne.

The best part of this deal is it is a low cost move to fill a need. If swisher or Hamilton come here, this deal looks even better. Good job by RAJ

vCash
    RAJ is eternally damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Give out a big contract? "But Rubes! What about the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuture?"

Make a trade to address the future and save a ton of $$$. "But Rubes! What about the faaaaaaaaaaaaarm system?"

The ****ing trade is fine. 4th starter and prospect for everyday CF. Get over it.
    Last edited by Ender; 12-07-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Make a trade to address the future and save a ton of $$$. "But Rubes! What about the faaaaaaaaaaaaarm system?"

The ****ing trade is fine. 4th starter and prospect for everyday CF. Get over it.
    Exactly! People are never pleased. I was reading comments on other websites and people were complaining about this guy not having any power. Just because Amaro got one player doesn't mean the whole offseason is over now. Just think if he gets Swisher or Hamilton. We have the speed in the lineup and someone who can cover lots of ground in the outfield in Revere, and a power hitting corner OF. It's highly likely that we are going to get the power hitting OF, especially since we saved so much money trading for Revere.

Let's see how the rest of the offseason pans out. I'm sure if we end up with Revere, Swisher, Young, Mike Adams, and Shaun Marcum, no one is going to be complaining.

Rollins
    Young
    Utley
    Howard
    Swisher
    Chooch
    Ruf
    Revere

Halladay
    Lee
    Hamels
    Marcum
    Kendrick

Aumont
    Adams
    Papelbon

No one would care that we lost Worley and May at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Preach brotha

I don't understand this infatuation with Ruben being an awful GM, I just don't. He has made some fantastic deals (Halladay, Lee 1, Oswalt, Rollins, Hamels) and he has made some terrible ones (Pence, Lee II, Paps, Howard). Personally, I don't even hate on the Paps contract. Was it an overpay? For sure, but we got a top 3 closer in baseball locked up for the next 3-4 years. The Lee II trade for me is also a toss up. I understand the concept of what he was trying to do, but it was an unnecessary move.

Ruben has put this team in a position to win it all, with the minor exception of last season, every single year. I really like what he did with this trade, so I'm hoping that Revere plays well enough to shut some people up.

vCash
    To play devil's advocate, 2011 was the first year when Pat Gillick's handwriting wasn't all over the roster.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    To play devil's advocate, 2011 was the first year when Pat Gillick's handwriting wasn't all over the roster.
    I could also argue that Ed Wade's fingerprints are still all over this same roster as well haha

vCash
    If by that you mean that Ruben trained under him
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    horrific signing looking like a 80 win season lee will be moved in july howard contract will doom this club philly is in for a poor next 5 yrs amaro is toast

vCash
    uh huh...

vCash

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    In my opinion trading for Revere instead of signing Bourne puts you guys in as players for Hamilton. I am completely off base or could you see them swooping in last minute like they did Lee?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Philly is now one of most hated team behind the Dodgers & Lakers.

**** you Ruben Amaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    In my opinion trading for Revere instead of signing Bourne puts you guys in as players for Hamilton. I am completely off base or could you see them swooping in last minute like they did Lee?
    afraid that with the yankees in on hamilton, his price will get out of hand. if texas signed greinke and it was us vs only seattle, we would have a chance. with the red sox and yankees sniffing around, this is moving into the 4, 5 or more years which would be crazy considering hamilton's history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Philly is now one of most hated team behind the Dodgers & Lakers.

**** you Ruben Amaro.
    Yeah 22 combined championships, who would want that? Good trade Worley is overrated and who knows about may.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast