Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    You want a slap hitting singles only player to bat 2nd? I'll pass. But I'd prefer him 2nd over leadoff...basically Im trying to make people aware that he is far from the ideal leadoff hitter.
    How many trips did he have last year? Just curious? And he has the speed to beat out double plays if the lead off hitter gets on. He makes contact a ton...How is that not a number 2 hitter?

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Wow you guys really arent all that intuitive are you? I meant that to say because he is a young player, "at this point in his career" he is not an ideal leadoff hitter. Whats wrong with that???
    Just the way you said it. I see what you mean now, but hopefully you can see how we read that. Could have offered more detail.

Listening to broadcast voice of the twins, Roy Smally. His reasoning for the lack of walks is because they weren't pitching around him. With Span hitting behind him, Revere saw a lot of strikes. I can believe that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    How many trips did he have last year? Just curious? And he has the speed to beat out double plays if the lead off hitter gets on. He makes contact a ton...How is that not a number 2 hitter?
    He had 6 triples last year. Im not saying you cant hit him 2nd, I just dont like the notion of having a pure singles hitter at the top end of your lineup. I think he would be better used in the 8 hole to turn over the lineup and give us the ability to get runs out of the bottom of the order...just my opinion.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Wow you guys really arent all that intuitive are you? I meant that to say because he is a young player, "at this point in his career" he is not an ideal leadoff hitter. Whats wrong with that???
    Because we havent had an "ideal" lead off hitter in years. Where else are you going to put a burner/contact hitter that has 50+ steal potential?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillysports101 View Post
    Because we havent had an "ideal" lead off hitter in years. Where else are you going to put a burner/contact hitter that has 50+ steal potential?
    I already answered that question...just because you have speed doesnt mean you are an good leadoff man. OBP is arguably the most important ability for batting leadoff, and that is something Revere doesnt bring currently.

Ideally I would bat him 8th, but as our lineup is now I think we are forced to hit him 2nd.

vCash
    Revere led the AL in infield hits with 32 I think and was 3rd in bunt singles with 9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Just the way you said it. I see what you mean now, but hopefully you can see how we read that. Could have offered more detail.

Listening to broadcast voice of the twins, Roy Smally. His reasoning for the lack of walks is because they weren't pitching around him. With Span hitting behind him, Revere saw a lot of strikes. I can believe that.
    To a degree that makes sense but 29 BBs in 553 PAs is just unacceptable regardless, and given his contact skills he should be able to see extra pitches and draw more walks regardless.

vCash
    Wow, the "at this point in his career" post got more backlash than the racist...good thing it's all done 'joking around'

As for the lineups, you all have good ideas, but you know Charlie is going to go Utley Howard 3/4 and the leftys will eat us alive in the 8th & 9th innings

You know, I said that the Pence deal sucked last year, but we would need to wait until we see how that money is spent....now it seems that it is not getting spent, herego that Pence deal totally sucks

I liked Vance...if he's like Happ it's that they both offered quality start after quality start, then suffered injuries. Let's hope Vance rebounds better than Happ

vCash
    That post wasn't racist. Think about it. It wasn't said well, but not racist.

Not sure what the Pence deal was so bad. Cleared space and got some good prospects. Just bc they haven't spent the money yet doesn't men they won't. Slow down killer.

Happ was a flash in the pan. Healthy, he sucked in Houston. If Worley is like Happ, this was an excellent trade.
    Last edited by IBleedRed(duh); 12-06-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Ravere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Swisher
    Howard
    Young
    Ruf
    Ruiz

My lineup

vCash
    i love that we are all placing swisher in our lineup. that would be nice.

anyone know what is going on with him? i don't think i have seen us linked to him. are there any other corner outfielders out there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Does the race of the players really matter?
    incredibly so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    i love that we are all placing swisher in our lineup. that would be nice.

anyone know what is going on with him? i don't think i have seen us linked to him. are there any other corner outfielders out there?
    Cody Ross?

vCash
    You've gotta be ****ing kidding me? I wouldn't even do Worley for Revere straight up, this better not be ****ing it Amaro you ****ing clown.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysix View Post
    Cody Ross?
    ugh.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast