Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    You've gotta be ****ing kidding me? I wouldn't even do Worley for Revere straight up, this better not be ****ing it Amaro you ****ing clown.
    At least you can mark this box in your sig:
    [ ] Do not overpay for Michael Bourn

vCash
    This argument is exactly what I was talking about. If you lead him off you get too many outs but his speed can play up and cause disruption. If you bat him 8th, his approach is going to cause more outs (pitchers would work around him but I doubt he'd become more patient as a result) and his speed skills are "wasted".

He basically IS Juan Pierre except with a little less base stealing prowess. Pierre of course was a useful player for a long time. So long as Revere can cut it in CF, he will help the team.
    Last edited by The A Team; 12-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    To a degree that makes sense but 29 BBs in 553 PAs is just unacceptable regardless, and given his contact skills he should be able to see extra pitches and draw more walks regardless.
    You say this as if our leadoff man is such a walk machine, I've had the same problem with Rollins for years. I believe that Revere was brought in to leadoff, sort of like a poor man's Michael Bourn.

Revere is also a lefty so I can see Rollins sliding down to the 2 hole to split up the lefties.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysix View Post
    At least you can mark this box in your sig:
    [ ] Do not overpay for Michael Bourn
    Truth, and it's not even that I didn't like Bourn or Upton because I'd love to have both of them. You just can't justify paying either 15 mil + and it's going to be interesting to see how much Bourn's price tag drops.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    You say this as if our leadoff man is such a walk machine, I've had the same problem with Rollins for years. I believe that Revere was brought in to leadoff, sort of like a poor man's Michael Bourn.

Revere is also a lefty so I can see Rollins sliding down to the 2 hole to split up the lefties.
    No not at all. But Rollins had more than double the amount of walks as Revere, so imagine how frustrated people would be with Revere as leadoff.
    Proud employee of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Temple University student
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jesse Biddle
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    This argument is exactly what I was talking about. If you lead him off you get too many outs but his speed can play up and cause disruption. If you bat him 8th, his approach is going to cause more outs (pitchers would work around him but I doubt he'd become more patient as a result) and his speed skills are "wasted".

He basically IS Juan Pierre except with a little less base stealing prowess. Pierre of course was a useful player for a long time. So long as Revere can cut it in CF, he will help the team.
    This is what it would hinge up, because he would get on base a ton if we had enough plate discipline in the 8-hole an would cause problems on the basepaths if there is less than two out when the pitcher is up. I dont think his speed would be "wasted" at 8th, hindered yes, but wasted is too strong. It would only be limited when the pitcher is up with two outs IMO.
    Proud employee of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Temple University student
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jesse Biddle
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Sucks losing May...but at the same time, from what I read, he should fit in nicely on this team. He's young, cost controlled, and can steal bases well. I rather have this guy than spend 15M per year on Bourn.

vCash
    Thought I would pitch in here on this trade. You already know Revere can hit (singles), and he fields his position well. I think the best part of his game, is his base running, speed, and stealing bases. He had 40 stolen bases for the Twins last year, and we are an organization that is pretty timid on sending runners. I am not sure how Philly feels about sending runners, but I could see Revere coming close to 50 stolen bases.

The biggest weakness of Reveres game, is his arm, which strongly resembles a noodle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    The biggest weakness of Reveres game, is his arm, which strongly resembles a noodle.
    thats ok. the CF wall at CBP is only 20 ft from home plate.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyForLife90 View Post
    Sucks losing May...but at the same time, from what I read, he should fit in nicely on this team. He's young, cost controlled, and can steal bases well. I rather have this guy than spend 15M per year on Bourn.
    I don't think May will ever amount to much, that part of the deal I think I'm okay with.

Taking a step back, my initial reaction was being pissed off because I love Worley, but I think we all tend to forget that he had season ending elbow surgery. We may be dealing with the Phillies knowing something that we don't about him, so I'd like to see how this plays out. I like Revere, just not at the price of a good young arm in an aging rotation.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    I don't think May will ever amount to much, that part of the deal I think I'm okay with.

Taking a step back, my initial reaction was being pissed off because I love Worley, but I think we all tend to forget that he had season ending elbow surgery. We may be dealing with the Phillies knowing something that we don't about him, so I'd like to see how this plays out. I like Revere, just not at the price of a good young arm in an aging rotation.

I see where you're coming from. May could flame out, Worley could also become another Happ. It depends on how well he transitions to the AL. It looks like a steep price and I wasn't thrilled either when I first heard of the trade. I am warming up to it more though. If the Philles want to get younger and build for the future, Revere fits those plans. He's not the kind of player you build around, but he's a solid young role player and that's valuable.

vCash
    What the ****ing **** is this???? And I like Revere

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    interesting. what a lot of us were feeling about the deal.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...or-ben-revere/

vCash
    I still don't understand how Vance Worley bacame this great piece that everyone seems to think he is. He's a good #4 starter at best, but he's a replaceable talent. His raw stuff is average. Not to take any credit from him, he throws strikes. While I liked Worley as our #4/5 starter, I'm glad that the Phillies could get a cost effective centerfielder in Revere who has elite range in return. Revere still has a ton of potential with the bat, as he was a first rounder who posted a career .385 OBP in the minors. His walk rate wasn't pathetic until 2011, so there is also hope that he develops that coming into his second full year.

And Trevor May? Come on. The guy couldn't hit the strike zone if it was the size of the ocean. It didn't seem like the Phillies were too eager to hold on to him. He's been trying to fix his command issues the past three years. It should have improved even a little bit by now. He definitely has potential, but check out how inconsistent he's been.
    Last edited by Illa215; 12-07-2012 at 12:09 AM.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    ^^^ I agree. I really like this trade. I think people overrate Worley here. I wish him nothing but the best but amaro finally makes a move to get younger which gives us payroll flexibility and people just have to complain. Much better option than bourn and upton for that price IMO. Span is probably a little better but he is only 24. I say well done Amaro and I don't say that often.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast