Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The difference between Eli and sanchez is eli had /has multiple weapons, to work with on offense nd defenae... Sanchez has third stringers to work with
    Last edited by JETS TURN!; 12-07-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Eli can also read basic coverages. Mark Sanchez's football IQ is in the low teens at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    It doesn't mean anything, We don't have the same staff or the same offensive talent Eli has had throughout his entire carrer. I don't remeber one year where Eli had nobody to throw to or they got rid of all of his recivers every single season. And the Giants have better running backs and play callers and there offensive coaches make us look like a high school team
    True, having the same coaching for most of his career (and QB coach through the first 4+ years) helped.

After Plax he was pretty stripped down. Hixon was #1 and Smith emerged before Nicks came up.

Big thing is he had a great run game through the beginning (like Sanchez) and then got pushed into an offensive leader role and excelled. Right about the time that should happen for Sanchez the team changed around him.

I dunno....I don't have much faith in Sanchez, but just thought it was an interesting stat comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. Magoo View Post
    he's not a ******. Yes, inbreeding caused both the manning boys to have mishapen mongoloid heads, but apparently that just made more brain space for what they can do their thinkin wif.
    lmao

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    damn couldnt we at least have waited till after the Jax game b4 comparing Sanchez to Eli.

I mean watching them both play I can hardly tell who is who.

Both are obviously Elite Qb's

Sanchez just doesnt have Wr's, He has a terrible OC, Terrible O-line, Terrible Rb,

If Sanchez were on the Giants he would have won 3 sb's.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern View Post
    damn couldnt we at least have waited till after the jax game b4 comparing sanchez to eli.

i mean watching them both play i can hardly tell who is who.

Both are obviously elite qb's

sanchez just doesnt have wr's, he has a terrible oc, terrible o-line, terrible rb,

if sanchez were on the giants he would have won 3 sb's.
    I just LOL for sure

vCash
    this is a big IF- even IF sanchez stepped up and proved he had the ability to be a long term solution, Jets fan as a whole will run him out of town.

unfortunately us fans have been programmed like the entire organization...reactionary moves or thoughts. time helps, but nobody is willing to wait for anything which is precisely why the Jets FO went for it all the past 2 seasons before this year.

next year when we actually need to pay out all the cap whcih was pushed back, everyone will be calling tanny the worst cap GM in the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by watchoutNYJ View Post
    this is a big IF- even IF sanchez stepped up and proved he had the ability to be a long term solution, Jets fan as a whole will run him out of town.

unfortunately us fans have been programmed like the entire organization...reactionary moves or thoughts. time helps, but nobody is willing to wait for anything which is precisely why the Jets FO went for it all the past 2 seasons before this year.

next year when we actually need to pay out all the cap whcih was pushed back, everyone will be calling tanny the worst cap GM in the NFL
    Speak for yourself. I believe that you're only as good or bad as your last game, and if he has a couple of good games, I hope for another good one, I don't crucigy the guy before he fails.

The first step toward getting help and changing your behavior is to admit you have a problem. You're done that. The second step is to actually want to change. Do you want to change?

As Rocky Balboa said, "If youz can change, and I can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!"

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Eli can also read basic coverages. Mark Sanchez's football IQ is in the low teens at best.
    Actually Sanchez has a pretty high coverage reading IQ. Even the Arizona defensive players said he was reading their coverages in the beginning of the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Speak for yourself. I believe that you're only as good or bad as your last game, and if he has a couple of good games, I hope for another good one, I don't crucigy the guy before he fails.

The first step toward getting help and changing your behavior is to admit you have a problem. You're done that. The second step is to actually want to change. Do you want to change?

As Rocky Balboa said, "If youz can change, and I can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!"
    As we all know - Rocky was way too smart for the masses. If Sanchez can actually start helping us win games, instead of helping us lose games: 1st) if that happens, he will be our starting QB next year (maybe will be even if he sucks), and if he starts to get it - he will regain the support - WAIT! - he has never really had the support he deserved because Jet Fans can't separate poor to mediocre stats from an extremely inexperienced QB, from getting us close to the SB - SO, now I've confused myself (not uncommon for someone that is increasingly approaching "oldtimers' disease").

Sanchez would have to win SB or two before he ever would attain sustained support even through some rocky spells (not like this year - this year would be defined as "stinking it up, totally"), but like Eli has gone through the last couple of years. IF he hadn't won 2 SBs - New Yorker's would be all over him with continued criticism.

So, I don't care who it is, but especially with Sanchez's last 3 games of last year, and this year - he would have to do something great (win a SB) before he stops getting booed at the 1st mistake - this is just the way it is. Phil Simms was booed, Joe Namath was booed, Brett Farve (I know), Chad Pennington, and Vinny Testaverde have all been booed.

In general - New York/NJ, especially the Jets, are a "you suck if you're not winning me championships," and Sanchez has done a lot of SUCKING this year, and the last 3 games of last year - and even though he's had a lot of help, he still has been ridiculously sloppy and stupid with the ball - and even if he proves to be a capable NFL starter for us - he will never be forgiven for his poor play - UNLESS he can lead/be part of a SB Championship, or two - and even then he won't be immune.

For me - I agree with REX/Sparano that Sanchez gives us the best chance of winning, and if he can get his confidence - has the highest ceiling of any current Jet QB, and probably higher than most of the struggling young starting QBs in the league - at least, I HOPE SO. That would be the best thing for us, so why not hope for that, and if/when he has a good game, I will be excited, and hope for more.

My concern is that he has been damaged, and his standing in the locker-room has eroded - and if I was a Sanchez Fan, rather than a Jets Fan - my hope would be for him to be released/traded because I think he has a much better chance of success with a smaller market NFL TEAM - but I will never stop rooting for him while he's our starter - UNLESS he starts making those ridiculous turnovers again this week, because with what's happened to him, and the expectations, and the caliber of opponent (even though we will be without Keller, Gates - that might be a good thing, and probably S. Hill) - he has to be a decent QB that stops losing games for us.

GO JETS!!!

vCash

to be clear i was NOT referring to myself..it was a generalization and i suppose my sarcasm was not clear. i have defended sanchez until i am blue in the face...clearly he deserves blame, however, i firmly believe tanny really ****ed this up.

drafting what you hope will be your franchise QB and not emphasizing building the offense through the draft is a terrible mistake

vCash
    to be clear i was NOT referring to myself..it was a generalization and i suppose my sarcasm was not clear. i have defended sanchez until i am blue in the face...clearly he deserves blame, however, i firmly believe tanny really ****ed this up.

drafting what you hope will be your franchise QB and not emphasizing building the offense through the draft is a terrible mistake
    That's why I think REX really had control because what is his #1 concern - DEFENSE!

GO JETS!!!

vCash

If you were actually telling the truth you would want Flynn here which you don't....Liar

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    If you were actually telling the truth you would want Flynn here which you don't....Liar
    LOL!!!!!

Why would I want Flynn here if that were true. Because his last game (his only game) was a good one? His performance last year was a product of the system he played in, much like how Cassell looked like pro bowler in NE.

He got a lot of money, and couldn't even beat out a rookie for the starting job.

No thank you.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

Oh, it was clear.

You just got, ummm...how can I put this...

Magoo'd

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    LOL!!!!!

Why would I want Flynn here if that were true. Because his last game (his only game) was a good one? His performance last year was a product of the system he played in, much like how Cassell looked like pro bowler in NE.

He got a lot of money, and couldn't even beat out a rookie for the starting job.

No thank you.
    You were quoted as saying your only as good or bad as last game.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast