Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

BI: Mark Sanchez And Eli Manning Have Eerily Similar Career Numbers

Non-Jets Hater Giants fan here.....thought I'd pass this along:

Mark Sanchez And Eli Manning Have Eerily Similar Career Numbers

Cork Gaines|Dec. 5, 2012, 12:48 PM|1,600|4

Both Mark Sanchez and Eli Manning were 23 in their first NFL season. And below is a look at Sanchez's career compared to Manning's first four seasons. It should give Jets fans hope that there is still time for Sanchez to become a great NFL quarterback.

One of the better stats for looking at just how well a quarterback is playing is Adjusted Yards per Attempt (AYA*). In his first four seasons, Manning had an AYA of 5.6, nearly identical to Sanchez' career mark of 5.7. In fact, both quarterbacks peaked in their second season and showed slight declines in years three and four. It wasn't until his fifth and sixth seasons that Manning became a great quarterback.

Also, the Jets are on pace for seven wins this season which would give them 35 during the Sanchez era. In Manning's first four years, the Giants won, you guessed it, 35 games.

This doesn't mean Sanchez will become the next Manning. But their career arcs are eerily similar and it is a good sign that it is still possible..

http://www.businessinsider.com/sport...#ixzz2EICncSOe

vCash
    But Jet fans won't ever have that kind of luck.

vCash
    Yeah but his first 4 years are eerily similar to Joey Harringtons too. So what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Non-Jets Hater Giants fan here.....thought I'd pass this along:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sport...#ixzz2EICncSOe
    Yeah. I remember in Eli's 4th year, Giants fans were calling him a bust and saying they wanted him benched.

Fans are so smart. They always know what's best for the team.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Difference is that the giants actually have smart people running the organization. They surrounded Eli with elite weapons and always built that pass rush up. Their coaching is outstanding, I seriously think if it weren't for Eli you would have won more games. There is no reason why the giants shouldn't be an 11 win team every year for the past 5 years.

We are going to throw away a core that already has proven they can win with below average coaching. Fire Rex, fire Sparano... replace them with proven winners and watch this team grow. You need a pass rush, you need playmakers on offense, you need to take advantage of the rules and throw the ball down the field. Rex is seriously ********. I have no doubt he is a genius with the x's and o's. He can put some exotic looks.

He has no eye for talent, he has no clue when to talk and when not to, he has no hold over the locker room, he can't build up his QB, and he has no backbone IMO. We need a tough hardnose coach who hold players accountable. Not coaches who want to be in the headlines daily, adam sandler movies, or all over espn.
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 12-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Eli can also read basic coverages. Mark Sanchez's football IQ is in the low teens at best.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    It doesn't mean anything, We don't have the same staff or the same offensive talent Eli has had throughout his entire carrer. I don't remeber one year where Eli had nobody to throw to or they got rid of all of his recivers every single season. And the Giants have better running backs and play callers and there offensive coaches make us look like a high school team

vCash
    OMG, please stop!

vCash
    Eli is not a ******

vCash
    We're going to win the Superbowl! Twice!

vCash
    Eli is a ****** look at him. On the real thou Eli was born to be a QB it's like Sanchez was like the cool rich kid who got to play QB got a lil good just kept getting bumped up. I like Sanchez thou, he just can't read Ds like Eli, doesn't anticipate anything and always makes late bad throws and Eli makes good strong reads and throws that's the only difference.

vCash
    This is news?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I have been clinging to that comparison (the Eli - Sanchez time line) for a year and a half, but I think "Dmagic87" hit the nail right on the head. The Mara's have been around for a long time, and Tisch hasn't seemed to screw them up. Jerry Reese continues to fill the roster with young talent - and understands that the way you win in the NFL now is big play passing on offense, and being able to get a consistent, sometimes dominant pass rush out of the front 4, so that even the best QBs don't have time to find the open receivers. Tom Coughlin is a no BS coach that may have softened enough to allow his players to feel more like men, but still will not allow, or stand for, players that think they're more important than the team. They are not a "gimmick team" in any way, shape, or form.

Woody still thinks that headlines are a decent substitution for excellence. MrT, as has become perfectly clear, is not a GM, and REX maybe be a great defensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the discipline, knowledge, and ability to look past his own ego (which includes his idea that great defense wins championships, and he doesn't want, or think he needs an offense that can outshine his defense), and he has very little sense of proportion or appropriateness. He thinks he can say any damn thing he wants to, and not be held accountable for it, and his arrogance that he can coach-up, and/or control any player because he's "REX RYAN," and doesn't have the ability to take into account the big picture that says that good/great players are somewhat hard to find, and you have to rely on input from your experts, and select a player based on more than just natural ability. He needs help seeing that a persons skills are just part of the entire package that has to include desire, motivation, integrity, and personality - and I don't see that at all, and that is just another part of his shortcomings as a Head Coach. This year, for the first time, I've seen some humility (unfortunately it took humiliation to get some, and that dose might not be the right medicine), but I don't think he can just become a different person. IF - he will embrace a GM that will find him players, and help give direction, and a big-time Offensive Coordinator that will demand the players necessary to execute of potent offense, and REX needs to concentrate on defense, and motivation - wait - that makes him what he's good at - being a defensive coordinator.

WOW - I don't think REX, as currently constituted, can be a successful HC in the NFL. Too bad - 2 great years with Mangini's teams. Maybe I'm being too hard on our Jets Organization - but I don't know - it's not looking to good. I hope I'm totally wrong, and this season is a small blip in an era of great success (yeah right?).

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Eli is a ****** look at him. On the real thou Eli was born to be a QB it's like Sanchez was like the cool rich kid who got to play QB got a lil good just kept getting bumped up. I like Sanchez thou, he just can't read Ds like Eli, doesn't anticipate anything and always makes late bad throws and Eli makes good strong reads and throws that's the only difference.
    He's not a ******. Yes, inbreeding caused both the Manning boys to have mishapen mongoloid heads, but apparently that just made more brain space for what they can do their thinkin wif.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I have been clinging to that comparison (the Eli - Sanchez time line) for a year and a half, but I think "Dmagic87" hit the nail right on the head. The Mara's have been around for a long time, and Tisch hasn't seemed to screw them up. Jerry Reese continues to fill the roster with young talent - and understands that the way you win in the NFL now is big play passing on offense, and being able to get a consistent, sometimes dominant pass rush out of the front 4, so that even the best QBs don't have time to find the open receivers. Tom Coughlin is a no BS coach that may have softened enough to allow his players to feel more like men, but still will not allow, or stand for, players that think they're more important than the team. They are not a "gimmick team" in any way, shape, or form.

Woody still thinks that headlines are a decent substitution for excellence. MrT, as has become perfectly clear, is not a GM, and REX maybe be a great defensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the discipline, knowledge, and ability to look past his own ego (which includes his idea that great defense wins championships, and he doesn't want, or think he needs an offense that can outshine his defense), and he has very little sense of proportion or appropriateness. He thinks he can say any damn thing he wants to, and not be held accountable for it, and his arrogance that he can coach-up, and/or control any player because he's "REX RYAN," and doesn't have the ability to take into account the big picture that says that good/great players are somewhat hard to find, and you have to rely on input from your experts, and select a player based on more than just natural ability. He needs help seeing that a persons skills are just part of the entire package that has to include desire, motivation, integrity, and personality - and I don't see that at all, and that is just another part of his shortcomings as a Head Coach. This year, for the first time, I've seen some humility (unfortunately it took humiliation to get some, and that dose might not be the right medicine), but I don't think he can just become a different person. IF - he will embrace a GM that will find him players, and help give direction, and a big-time Offensive Coordinator that will demand the players necessary to execute of potent offense, and REX needs to concentrate on defense, and motivation - wait - that makes him what he's good at - being a defensive coordinator.

WOW - I don't think REX, as currently constituted, can be a successful HC in the NFL. Too bad - 2 great years with Mangini's teams. Maybe I'm being too hard on our Jets Organization - but I don't know - it's not looking to good. I hope I'm totally wrong, and this season is a small blip in an era of great success (yeah right?).

GO JETS!!!
    This is just ridiculous. Everyone knows that pitching and defense win championships. The Jets don't have enough pitching to win an NBA championship.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!!!

-Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast