Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Its The 2012 Offseason: For my backup quarterback I want.......

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chad Henne

6 40.00%
  • Tim Tebow

3 20.00%
  • Drew Stanton

6 40.00%
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    That's the way the schedule was made. Would you rather have them play every game against superior teams?

Don't you guys remember 2009. We were so lame, and got into the playoffs because the Colts and the Bengals capitulated. next thing you knew - we were leading the Colts at 1/2 time in the AFC Championship Game.

Some of you sound so poutty, whinny, like we're owed something. We still have a chance. In '09 - REX called us officially out of the playoffs - but he was wrong.

I just don't understand how a Jets Fan can't be happy with a win. Believe me - the majority of the wins this franchise has had have been ugly games.

Of course I wish we were the class of the NFL. Wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up 1st.

I love my fellow Jet Fans, but many of you are acting like this year is something new.

1968 and 1969 we had a great team. In the mid 80's we had a great team. 1998 we had a great team. 2001 - 2004 - pretty good. 2010 - we had a good team. THE REST - have all been struggles, and there have been many worse than this years - so - "Lighten up Francis!"

If I were responsible for this majority of mediocrity, I would be embarrassed, but I didn't screw this up. I hope our Jets fix it. I hope we can someday be a flagship franchise. I am a Jets Fan, and I root whether we suck, or are OK, and I love it when we're good. It just hasn't happened all that often.

The only way there aren't major changes after this year is if we win a ...cough cough...Super Bowl, so I think we're pretty safe in recognizing that we're pretty dysfunctional right now. If Woody doesn't make changes - then we'll still be mediocre, or worse. I'll still be a Jets fan.

Think, wish, come up with ideas - but quit whinning like someone owes you something - they don't. If you've spent personal seat license money - I hope you just love going to the games - but it only guaranteed your right to go to games.

Where there is life - there is hope!

GO JETS!!!
    This is a really good post. I know in 09 we lucked into the playoffs and made a great run. I just don't think these Jets are capable of a run like that. If the Jets are able to prove me wrong then great. I just think that the Jets would be better off missing the playoffs this year and getting a higher draft pick. This team has so many holes that winning anything significant this year is highly unlikely. I'm also worried that if the Jets make a run, then Tanny will get to keep his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    That's the way the schedule was made. Would you rather have them play every game against superior teams?

Don't you guys remember 2009. We were so lame, and got into the playoffs because the Colts and the Bengals capitulated. next thing you knew - we were leading the Colts at 1/2 time in the AFC Championship Game.

Some of you sound so poutty, whinny, like we're owed something. We still have a chance. In '09 - REX called us officially out of the playoffs - but he was wrong.
    I just don't understand how a Jets Fan can't be happy with a win. Believe me - the majority of the wins this franchise has had have been ugly games.

Of course I wish we were the class of the NFL. Wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up 1st.

I love my fellow Jet Fans, but many of you are acting like this year is something new.

1968 and 1969 we had a great team. In the mid 80's we had a great team. 1998 we had a great team. 2001 - 2004 - pretty good. 2010 - we had a good team. THE REST - have all been struggles, and there have been many worse than this years - so - "Lighten up Francis!"

If I were responsible for this majority of mediocrity, I would be embarrassed, but I didn't screw this up. I hope our Jets fix it. I hope we can someday be a flagship franchise. I am a Jets Fan, and I root whether we suck, or are OK, and I love it when we're good. It just hasn't happened all that often.

The only way there aren't major changes after this year is if we win a ...cough cough...Super Bowl, so I think we're pretty safe in recognizing that we're pretty dysfunctional right now. If Woody doesn't make changes - then we'll still be mediocre, or worse. I'll still be a Jets fan.

Think, wish, come up with ideas - but quit whinning like someone owes you something - they don't. If you've spent personal seat license money - I hope you just love going to the games - but it only guaranteed your right to go to games.

Where there is life - there is hope!

GO JETS!!!
    This team is nothing like the 09 team. This season is nothing like the 09 season.

This team is an avg team not a playoff team. Its good to win but I think most sane Jets fans are worried that if the Jets finish 8-8 or better that major changes wont happen.

The worst thing these Jets can do is stay the course with this GM Coach and QB.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Call me out on this idc... It's crunch time for us and Mark will step up for us and we will be let down by our D again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Call me out on this idc... It's crunch time for us and Mark will step up for us and we will be let down by our D again...
    Jets defense is good enough. Its the offense thats not. I hope Sanchez does step up, because if he does im pretty sure the defense would step up also.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Jets defense is good enough. Its the offense thats not. I hope Sanchez does step up, because if he does im pretty sure the defense would step up also.
    If he cuts out the stupid picks and handles the ball correctly there's no reason we cannot win out. I wish Sanchez the best because I am a jets fan, but I don't think the kid has it.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Late season magic!!! Just kidding. Another game we should've won despite how awful we really are. The next 3 games will be iffy. We play terrible teams but we are a terrible team. Also, say what you will about Rex but not many coaches could have this team with this roster in the playoff hunt. The rest of the schedule is one of the easiest but the first 3/4 of the season was the hardest schedule in the NFL going by opponent's win percentage.

That said, Coples and Wilkerson were beasts. The O-line keeps gelling well together. This was, by far, David Harris' best game this season. He looked like a completely different player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Late season magic!!! Just kidding. Another game we should've won despite how awful we really are. The next 3 games will be iffy. We play terrible teams but we are a terrible team. Also, say what you will about Rex but not many coaches could have this team with this roster in the playoff hunt. The rest of the schedule is one of the easiest but the first 3/4 of the season was the hardest schedule in the NFL going by opponent's win percentage.

That said, Coples and Wilkerson were beasts. The O-line keeps gelling well together. This was, by far, David Harris' best game this season. He looked like a completely different player.
    His hits were ferocious yesterday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    We need to play more 2-10 teams

!Tank the season for Jameis Winston!

vCash
    Absolutely, but we play'em as they schedule'em, and we know we're mediocre, at best, on offense, and struggling as we lose Stephen Hill, again, maybe this time for the season (I hope not, but it doesn't look good), AND - it's not like the dude was ready to carry the team.

Mardy Gilyard, Chaz Schilens, and depending on whether he plays the slot, or WR, the - steady reliable "old" veteran - Jeremy Kerley are our available WRs. Gilyard has been on the team for 2 weeks, and Kerley and Cumberland are battling hamstring injuries - which when it gets cold could be disastrous.

Can you imagine how hard it is for Sanchez to have developed any continuity with anybody. I'm not necessarily sticking up for Sanchez, as many of the problems we've had this year are directly related to his "bonehead" plays, BUT - we were all screaming about the lack of receiving talent at the beginning of the year - and now look at it. Sanchez has to hold onto the ball until he sees a WR open before he throws it. This is a terrible handicap to play with. Yes he missed a wide open Kerley on a "comeback" (he actually just turned around), but he's got no time working with Kerley on the outside. The fact that he was able to hook-up twice with Gilyard is somewhat miraculous.

One thing that Sanchez really misses in L. Tomlinson's ability to catch the ball out of the back-field. I'm amazed we don't flair Powell or McKnight (when healthy) out into the flats. Sanchez has, by far the fewest completions to RBs, and almost no screens (although he tends to throw INTs on screens, so maybe that's a good idea?).

The NY Times NFL blogger came out and stated what many of you have been wanting for a few years, and that is to bring Braylon Edwards in. This should definitely happen now that the Seahawks have released him. I don't care that he bad-mouthed the Jets FO for benching Sanchez - IN FACT - I think it could be a bonus because he will stick up for Sanchez.

CLEARLY - we win when: 1) We play great defense; 2) run the ball really well; 3) don't turn the ball over - especially Sanchez, but Kerley has fumbled 4 times - losing 3 - which is just a fraction of what Sanchez has done - but that is still way too often. Kerley also has 52 receptions which by far leads all others, now I think he's a good slot receiver, but far from #1 WR status.

Why did it take Brandon Moore giving the O-line "a'talking-to," for them to start opening some holes? We need them to do that every week - but we're still going to have to rely on the passing game if we stand a chance of winning out - which still feels pretty far fetched to me - but getting closer with each win.

At this point - REX's job is pretty well assured. I think at this point - the need for a talent evaluating GM is pretty clear - so UNLESS the unthinkable happens, and we win the "you-know-what," I think this change is assured (KOW), but I could be wrong.

GO JETS!!!

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839