Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Its The 2012 Offseason: For my backup quarterback I want.......

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chad Henne

6 40.00%
  • Tim Tebow

3 20.00%
  • Drew Stanton

6 40.00%
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And Rex said he was having a hard time all week deciding who would start. ...yeah right GMAC isnt even active

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Again, I don't get why people are surprised about McElroy being inactive. Rex has said all along Tebow is the backup. The only reason Tebow wasn't considered a possibility to start this week was that, with his injury, he couldn't take first team reps at practice, thus making starting inconceivable. However, you don't need first team reps to be a backup (in fact, most backups don't get any first team reps).

Rex has been very clear all season. Sanchez is the starter, Tebow is the backup. Anything to the contrary is completely media driven. This QB controversy only exists because Tebow is Tebow and the Jets are the Jets. On any other team, there would be controversy as to WHY Sanchez is starting, but almost nobody would be questioning the fact that he is the starter and Tebow is the backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    McElroy inactive...
    What's your source?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Again, I don't get why people are surprised about McElroy being inactive. Rex has said all along Tebow is the backup. The only reason Tebow wasn't considered a possibility to start this week was that, with his injury, he couldn't take first team reps at practice, thus making starting inconceivable. However, you don't need first team reps to be a backup (in fact, most backups don't get any first team reps).

Rex has been very clear all season. Sanchez is the starter, Tebow is the backup. Anything to the contrary is completely media driven. This QB controversy only exists because Tebow is Tebow and the Jets are the Jets. On any other team, there would be controversy as to WHY Sanchez is starting, but almost nobody would be questioning the fact that he is the starter and Tebow is the backup.
    What is media driven about the fact that McElroys first game active as a Jet he comes in the game and leads the Jets to a come behind win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    What's your source?
    nteresting choice by Rex Ryan: Greg McElroy is INACTIVE. Rest of inactives: White, Gates, Sapp, Harrison, Schlauderaff, Keller
    Manish Mehta's Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    What is media driven about the fact that McElroys first game active as a Jet he comes in the game and leads the Jets to a come behind win?
    Nothing. And that play is why Rex considered benching Sanchez. But that was about benching Sanchez, not about McElroy being some kind of savior. He's still the 3rd string QB. There was never any indication that he wasn't the 3rd string QB, there was never any reason to believe that he wasn't the 3rd string QB, everything that had been said and everything that had been done indicated that Tim Tebow was this team's #2 QB.

vCash

vCash
    **** you Rex. This was your last straw with me....I dealt with the foot...I dealt with your mouth...I dealt with Your Lapland surgery...I've dealt with your love for Sanchez..overall I put up with you being a joke...but to take away the only glimmer of hope I had of watching this year in McElroy you can go **** yourself.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    During week Tebow got 0 offensive team reps. Sanchez got 90% & McElroy 10%. Since McElroy is inactive Kerly will be 3rd QB

Genius.

vCash
    Just heard on CBS that GMAC is inactive. This is stupid. I know Sanchez has been able to get the job done against softer defenses, but this sends the wrong message.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    GMAC a healthy inactive and Tebow is active and will be the #2 QB and backup sanchez...are you ****ing kidding me?

Tim Tebow (ribs) is active and will be the No. 2 quarterback versus the Jaguars in Week 14, while Greg McElroy is a healthy inactive.

Tebow was listed as questionable, but he'll back up Mark Sanchez. The Jets also declared WRs Jordan White and Clyde Gates, OLB Ricky Sapp, TE Dustin Keller, NT Damon Harrison, and OL Caleb Sclauderaff inactive for Sunday. Keller was ruled out on Saturday with an ankle injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post

Why I have a problem. Rex has said he would pull Sanchez if he struggled. With McElroy inactive means Sanchez is not getting pulled regardless. No way jets will bench Sanchez for tebow.

But I guess with the recent contract info we see why Sanchez is starting. Jets f.o. Just needs to stop trying to bs the fans.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Uh ohh Sanchez had a great week of practice. Where have i heard this b4.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I guess its Sanchez for the rest of the year regardless of hoe he plays

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Lol does Rex Ryan listen to himself?

On the Rex Ryan report he stated with henne in the game the jags went from 10 points to 26 ppg. And how Blackmon looks like the real deal.

Wonder what the jets offense would look like with a new qb.

"The Butt of all jokes"

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast