Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Unmovable Contract

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...vable-contract

1. Moneyball: You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last offseason.

Also, for those that were talking Bill Polian:

Hot seat: I honestly don’t know what will happen with embattled GM Mike Tannenbaum after the season, but the buzz in NFL circles is that his job is in jeopardy. I’m also hearing that former Colts GM Bill Polian, now an ESPN analyst, could be headed to the Chiefs.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Wow just wow....who was the genius who gave him that extension oh yeah

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Its prob why Mcelroy is inactive today. So the Jets backup is a broken ribbed Tebow who on the sideline is throwing flat 30yd passes with no zip.

Rex and Tanny just keep getting better each week.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Its prob why Mcelroy is inactive today. So the Jets backup is a broken ribbed Tebow who on the sideline is throwing flat 30yd passes with no zip.

Rex and Tanny just keep getting better each week.
    McElroy is inactive? Where did you get this information? According to all reports I've seen, all 3 QB's are dressing.

The only thing I haven't found is who is #2. My opinion is that it should be McElroy because if he's #3, he can't play until the 4th quarter barring injury unless they list Tebow as a ST player.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    McElroy is inactive? Where did you get this information? According to all reports I've seen, all 3 QB's are dressing.

The only thing I haven't found is who is #2. My opinion is that it should be McElroy because if he's #3, he can't play until the 4th quarter barring injury unless they list Tebow as a ST player.
    McElroy is officially inactive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    I'm officially praying for Sanchez to have an excellent day lol

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    That has to be some kind of sick joke?

vCash
    Yeah. Heard it on CBS about 30 minutes ago.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Dreaded double post.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-10-2012 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    More coddling of Sanchez by not having him threatened. And they protected him in the game as well. Seems like they have no choice if they want to win. It's going to be ugly down the stretch but they cannot trust him. Why should they? And how could they with this cast of targets?

vCash
    groundhog day?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    [QUOTE=John X Doe;24667773]

Okay.