Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,312
    vCash
    1500
    that we know of, im not going to cry cause we didnt offer chavez a contract, keppinger? anyone. I wouldnt be offering anyone a contract, id be sticking my ,middle finger to all the whinny fans and just played the guys in AAA to see what we have with them and then see how i can fit future better FA into my payroll until 2015

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    ok guys, here's the deal. take up a collection to pay for the moeny the steinbrenners are saving by getitng under $189. otherwise stop *****ing how they spend their money, considering theya re still pumping almost 200 mil into the pay roll.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,620
    vCash
    1500
    I am no longer angry but will be if Josh goes to Boston.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    7,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Uhm....wait...



    WOW
    Good for Brian! Now start plugging these fckn holes with talent, whether it is old or not...

    Get Ichy signed as well.....and then trade Hughes, Nova, Cano to the Giants for Buster Posey....Call up Adams and sign 2 free agent starters and call it a day......

    Actually just kidding with the trade but damn, fill these holes.......
    Nick

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    that we know of, im not going to cry cause we didnt offer chavez a contract, keppinger? anyone. I wouldnt be offering anyone a contract, id be sticking my ,middle finger to all the whinny fans and just played the guys in AAA to see what we have with them and then see how i can fit future better FA into my payroll until 2015
    I'm not arguing that. Just pointing out how the article has truth to it. I would also like to see what we have in the minors and see what they're able to do in the ML level.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Good for Brian! Now start plugging these fckn holes with talent, whether it is old or not...

    Get Ichy signed as well.....and then trade Hughes, Nova, Cano to the Giants for Buster Posey....
    Lol.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Yankees, Gmen, Nets
    Posts
    549
    vCash
    1500
    Even though the Yankees missed out on Nate Schierholtz, they have Chris Dickerson.
    They failed to bring in Jeff Keppinger? They have David Adams, Jayson Nix, and Eduardo Nunez.
    The Yankees will be fine. The names we failed to bring in aren't superstars.
    Losing Martin and Chavez hurts but Martin is easily replaceable and the Yankees are talking to Youk.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-06-2012 at 01:00 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,033
    vCash
    1500
    I have to laugh (hysterically) at the majority of you fools. So the yanks are going to cut ~15 million from payroll by 2014. So what, that won't end the world or mean that the Yanks won't be competitive.

    In case you have forgotten, the Giants have won 2 of the last 3 world series... With payrolls of less than 100 million in '10 and less than 120 million this year. The Yankees have had the highest payroll of all 30 MLB teams for years, and have only won the WS once.

    The problem is, Since the Juice is being taken out of the game, by the time most UFA's hit the market, their top years are almost totally gone. Any years on a contract past 35 are insane now, where while the players were juicing it was common for players to play well into their 40's.

    The Yanks are trying to correct issues that have been building for years. It will take time, but I don't see any last place finishes (see Boston 2012) in their future getting there.

    Let's face it, outside of Hamilton and Grienke I don't see any really good high priced talent. Nothing to get excited about. Yes, we lost out, but it's not like we lost a battle... Hell, the NYY never made the players an offer meaning the Yanks NEVER ENTERED the battle.

    So be patient. It's not like we can field an all star team every season. Hell, many of you were saying Martin was a scourge only a few weeks ago are now complaining the loudest that the Yanks failed to retain him. Seems to me, that if it weren't for complaining, you would have absolutely nothing to post.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,069
    vCash
    1500

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I have to laugh (hysterically) at the majority of you fools. So the yanks are going to cut ~15 million from payroll by 2014. So what, that won't end the world or mean that the Yanks won't be competitive.

    In case you have forgotten, the Giants have won 2 of the last 3 world series... With payrolls of less than 100 million in '10 and less than 120 million this year. The Yankees have had the highest payroll of all 30 MLB teams for years, and have only won the WS once.

    The problem is, Since the Juice is being taken out of the game, by the time most UFA's hit the market, their top years are almost totally gone. Any years on a contract past 35 are insane now, where while the players were juicing it was common for players to play well into their 40's.

    The Yanks are trying to correct issues that have been building for years. It will take time, but I don't see any last place finishes (see Boston 2012) in their future getting there.

    Let's face it, outside of Hamilton and Grienke I don't see any really good high priced talent. Nothing to get excited about. Yes, we lost out, but it's not like we lost a battle... Hell, the NYY never made the players an offer meaning the Yanks NEVER ENTERED the battle.

    So be patient. It's not like we can field an all star team every season. Hell, many of you were saying Martin was a scourge only a few weeks ago are now complaining the loudest that the Yanks failed to retain him. Seems to me, that if it weren't for complaining, you would have absolutely nothing to post.
    Agreed

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,066
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    I have to laugh (hysterically) at the majority of you fools. So the yanks are going to cut ~15 million from payroll by 2014. So what, that won't end the world or mean that the Yanks won't be competitive.

    In case you have forgotten, the Giants have won 2 of the last 3 world series... With payrolls of less than 100 million in '10 and less than 120 million this year. The Yankees have had the highest payroll of all 30 MLB teams for years, and have only won the WS once.

    The problem is, Since the Juice is being taken out of the game, by the time most UFA's hit the market, their top years are almost totally gone. Any years on a contract past 35 are insane now, where while the players were juicing it was common for players to play well into their 40's.

    The Yanks are trying to correct issues that have been building for years. It will take time, but I don't see any last place finishes (see Boston 2012) in their future getting there.

    Let's face it, outside of Hamilton and Grienke I don't see any really good high priced talent. Nothing to get excited about. Yes, we lost out, but it's not like we lost a battle... Hell, the NYY never made the players an offer meaning the Yanks NEVER ENTERED the battle.

    So be patient. It's not like we can field an all star team every season. Hell, many of you were saying Martin was a scourge only a few weeks ago are now complaining the loudest that the Yanks failed to retain him. Seems to me, that if it weren't for complaining, you would have absolutely nothing to post.
    How long of a break did you have to take from the hysterical laughter to type all that?

    Maybe the fans are annoyed because from the outside looking in there seems to be a lack of any sort of plan. Seems like all reactionary moves without much, if any, forward vision.

    Ok, you dont resign Martin for a couple of mill? no prob, budgets and whatnot, we get it, sorta, but then they're ok with droppin 12mill on Youk? Its comical.

    Just sayin it would be nice to feel like they have a plan every now and then...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    How long of a break did you have to take from the hysterical laughter to type all that?

    Maybe the fans are annoyed because from the outside looking in there seems to be a lack of any sort of plan. Seems like all reactionary moves without much, if any, forward vision.

    Ok, you dont resign Martin for a couple of mill? no prob, budgets and whatnot, we get it, sorta, but then they're ok with droppin 12mill on Youk? Its comical.

    Just sayin it would be nice to feel like they have a plan every now and then...
    because our options ineternally at 3rd arent as good. martin was mostly abysmal last year, i have a hard time thinking romine could be much worse and he makes significntly less. nunez on the other hand, blows
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    14,279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Not true...He just offered Youkilis a 1 year deal worth $12 million.
    Uhm....wait...

    On Thursday, people within the Yankees organization confirmed that this was in fact true: Cashman arrived in Nashville unable to make offers to players, and without that power, targets like Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez took deals elsewhere.

    The Yankee general manager went back to ownership and made his case, and Cashman was allowed to move forward with offers – the Yankees made a one-year, $12 million offer to third baseman Kevin Youkilis Thursday morning.
    WOW
    I read that the Yankees made a two year, $10 million dollar offer to Keppinger.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,066
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    because our options ineternally at 3rd arent as good. martin was mostly abysmal last year, i have a hard time thinking romine could be much worse and he makes significntly less. nunez on the other hand, blows
    By aren't as good you actually mean we have none right?

    I know what you're saying but I think you might be under-valuing what Martin brought to the table just a bit. Or maybe I just got too used to watching Posada's "catching" for too long...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    914
    vCash
    1500


    "Yankeesource ‏@YankeeSource

    I'm starting to think Brian Cashman doesn't even attend next offseason's winter meetings. He'll stay home and watch reruns of Yankeeography."

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    By aren't as good you actually mean we have none right?

    I know what you're saying but I think you might be under-valuing what Martin brought to the table just a bit. Or maybe I just got too used to watching Posada's "catching" for too long...
    yes, 3rd base is a hole. we have options at catcher, that its ahr dto beleive can be worse than martin
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •