Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,441 to 1,452 of 1452
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    All in all, I'm just enjoying the Knicks and focusing on the real competition... Miami, Memphis, SAS and OKC. Unless the Nets have a massive turn around, they're going to end up with the 4th see or worse.

Hrm, Nets/Knicks first round? Wouldn't THAT be interesting...
    Nets lost to the Warriors at home last night.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    All in all, I'm just enjoying the Knicks and focusing on the real competition... Miami, Memphis, SAS and OKC. Unless the Nets have a massive turn around, they're going to end up with the 4th see or worse.

Hrm, Nets/Knicks first round? Wouldn't THAT be interesting...
    This is the NBA every team is the real competition, When The Bulls get their back court back they aren't competitive? When the Lakers get their back court back they are not competitive?

You don't sleep on a team like Philly you know young lol..who will give you a very hard time in round one.

You never sleep on Boston with the experience they have, KG is playing not good but great and Rondo is simply amazing, add in Pierce and Terry and you better believe they will be the real competition.

When Dirk gets back add them to the list.

As far as that Houston team you always have excuses for and protect there are younger better teams in the NBA, love Parsons but he can be streaky as well, and they need a PG. By the way Parsons contract next yr is not guaranteed, I don't see this young team in the breaths of Denver, Okla (they were young and very good) and Philly, not to mention Cats, Cav's, Minny all young teams better than the rebuilding Rockets and just as young.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    This is the NBA every team is the real competition, When The Bulls get their back court back they aren't competitive? When the Lakers get their back court back they are not competitive?

You don't sleep on a team like Philly you know young lol..who will give you a very hard time in round one.

You never sleep on Boston with the experience they have, KG is playing not good but great and Rondo is simply amazing, add in Pierce and Terry and you better believe they will be the real competition.

When Dirk gets back add them to the list.
    I meant in terms of seeding. Of course once we reach the playoffs, they have to be dealt with. Dallas isn't even a serious playoff team. They won't get past the first round. The Lakers, nobody even knows if they'll get their crap together this year. They can't even stay over .500. And honestly, we're better than every other team you named.

Sure, Chicago is a threat once they're 100%, but they were one of our better match ups Before we upgraded the Roster. Boston is always a potential threat, but they're a year older, lost Ray Allen, and aren't playing great ball right now. We won't know until much later in the season. And regardless, they aren't Miami, OKC, SAS or Memphis.

Philly isn't -- we've consistently beaten them for multiple seasons. Last year on B2B's and this year on B2B's.

As far as that Houston team you always have excuses for and protect there are younger better teams in the NBA, love Parsons but he can be streaky as well, and they need a PG. By the way Parsons contract next yr is not guaranteed, I don't see this young team in the breaths of Denver, Okla (they were young and very good) and Philly, not to mention Cats, Cav's, Minny all young teams better than the rebuilding Rockets and just as young.
    Um, Houston IS the youngest team in the NBA (23), with the MOST roster turn over (13 players) and is a .500 team.

Name ONE currently younger team. Oh right, doesn't exist.
    Name ONE team currently in the NBA with more roster turnover. Oh right, doesn't exist.
    Name ONE team with similar youth/turnover with a better record THIS season. Oh right, doesn't exist.

Look up OKC's first 2 years with Durant/WB ... oh right, sub 25 wins. Experience counts in the NBA.

And Houston has a similar record than Denver (with an average age over 25, and MORE time together as a team with Less roster turn over).

Do you realize that Andre Iguodala has MORE career minutes played (18,080) played than the Entire Houston starting 5?

Houston Starting 5 TOTAL career minutes... 15941. (Harden - 6486, Lin - 1778, Patterson - 2811, Omer Asik - 2491, Chandler Parsons - 2375)

In fact, Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller (16354) and Galinari (7188) have 15% MORE career minutes played than the ENTIRE Houston ROSTER.

Morris - 456
    Delfino - 8921
    Aldrich - 383
    Cook - 5670
    Smith - 203
    Machado - 3
    Jones - 73
    Douglas - 3951

Total Career Minutes (including starting 5) - 34,601
    Andre Iguodala, Danilo Galinari and Andre miller - 39,483 minutes played

The Cats, Cavs and Minnesota all have similar or worse records so far. And ALL the team you've mentioned have been together longer, with far more experience and happen to be older.

And then there's the fact that they don't have their Head Coach (who has been on a Leave of Absence because his Daughter died). They're being coached by an Assistant Coach with only 3 years of professional experience and who has NEVER been a Head Coach in the NBA.

So really, I'm not sure what you're trying to compare the Rockets to.. they're young, inexperienced, and playing for the first time together. They don't have their Head Coach, and they're mostly winging it. They're going to be up and down... young players are like that, young teams are especially like that, and new rosters have their own problems (just ask the Lakers).

Finally, I talked about multiple teams in my post... including Boston, Nets, and the Lakers but you pull out my comments about the Rockets?

Really Stilla, it's like you're purposely trying to pull out a single subset of a series of comments, then make it sound like it's the entire post. No idea why you're so fixated on it.

vCash
    I meant in terms of seeding. Of course once we reach the playoffs, they have to be dealt with. Dallas isn't even a serious playoff team. They won't get past the first round. The Lakers, nobody even knows if they'll get their crap together this year. They can't even stay over .500. And honestly, we're better than every other team you named.

Sure, Chicago is a threat once they're 100%, but they were one of our better match ups Before we upgraded the Roster. Boston is always a potential threat, but they're a year older, lost Ray Allen, and aren't playing great ball right now. We won't know until much later in the season. And regardless, they aren't Miami, OKC, SAS or Memphis.

Philly isn't -- we've consistently beaten them for multiple seasons. Last year on B2B's and this year on B2B's.

Um, Houston IS the youngest team in the NBA (23), with the MOST roster turn over (13 players) and is a .500 team.

Name ONE team currently in the NBA with more roster turnover. Oh right, doesn't exist.
    Name ONE team with similar youth/turnover with a better record THIS season. Oh right, doesn't exist.

Look up OKC's first 2 years with Durant/WB ... oh right, sub 25 wins. Experience counts in the NBA.

And Houston has a similar record than Denver (with an average age over 25, and MORE time together as a team with Less roster turn over).

Do you realize that Andre Iguodala has MORE career minutes played (18,080) played than the Entire Houston starting 5?

Houston Starting 5 TOTAL career minutes... 15941. (Harden - 6486, Lin - 1778, Patterson - 2811, Omer Asik - 2491, Chandler Parsons - 2375)

In fact, Andre Iguodala, Andre Miller (16354) and Galinari (7188) have 15% MORE career minutes played than the ENTIRE Houston ROSTER.

Morris - 456
    Delfino - 8921
    Aldrich - 383
    Cook - 5670
    Smith - 203
    Machado - 3
    Jones - 73
    Douglas - 3951

The Cats, Cavs and Minnesota all have similar or worse records so far. And ALL the team you've mentioned have been together longer, with far more experience and happen to be older.

And then there's the fact that they don't have their Head Coach (who has been on a Leave of Absence because his Daughter died). They're being coached by an Assistant Coach with only 3 years of professional experience and who has NEVER been a Head Coach in the NBA.

So really, I'm not sure what you're trying to compare the Rockets to.. they're young, inexperienced, and playing for the first time together. They don't have their Head Coach, and they're mostly winging it. They're going to be up and down... young players are like that, young teams are especially like that, and new rosters have their own problems (just ask the Lakers).

Finally, I talked about multiple teams in my post... including Boston, Nets, and the Lakers but you pull out my comments about the Rockets?

Really Stilla, it's like you're purposely trying to pull out a single subset of a series of comments, then make it sound like it's the entire post. No idea why you're so fixated on it.
    you don't want my responses about Houston stop replying to them its quite easy.

You boy is terrible this year yet he's young, and now your a Houston fan? Go figure.

I don't take average age of teams to mean anything because each yr there is a turnover of rosters, trades and lost players to FA.

I mean can Houston retaing Parsons next yr? If a team like Houston comes along and gives this young shooter a 25 mil contract will Houston be willing to go that high?

Next bit a information that actually means something is the average age of players who actually log the minutes and that is 24yr's of age which is good, but is this a talented 24 yr old team who with age will make some noise?

Now tell me you really want to compare :

Bynum 25 to Asik 24???//

Holiday 23 to lin 24???

Turner 24 to Parsons 24??

Lavoy is 23 at pf and young is 24

So the average age of the starters are the same exactly, and which is better?

The smarter younger teams as you noted have some veteran presence on their rosters which not only makes the team better but helps out the younger players to learn from experience.

As I said there are some talented young teams out there who will be better than Houston for years to come, just because one team averages 24 and the next slightly over it does not give them an advantage, in fact its a major disadvantage.

My last take on this is I've wondered if given a Mulligan if Houston would go strong for Lin again?

I know this much I'd rather put Machacho there and have him learn and get a early lottery pick, Houston may just fall into the knicks mess and keep getting mid round picks playing near .500.

Worse place to be trapped into.

vCash

Morris - 456
    Delfino - 8921
    Aldrich - 383
    Cook - 5670
    Smith - 203
    Machado - 3
    Jones - 73
    Douglas - 3951

I told you and the 4 others I would eat crow on Lin this past summer but I also told you I would also post how wrong you were.........I do keep my word

And yet Lin you still defend him so yet I'll keep replying.

I saw two posters at least admit at this point they were wrong, congrats...

And last yr because of Linsanity you were a constant major poster here, now you don't even show for game threads and rarely give Felton his due.

I kind of watch this little tidbits lol........

Lastly you can have Lin at 24, I'll take Felton at age 28 any day of the week and still think he will last longer than Lin when its all said and done.

vCash
    [/B]I told you and the 4 others I would eat crow on Lin this past summer but I also told you I would also post how wrong you were.........I do keep my word

And yet Lin you still defend him so yet I'll keep replying.

I saw two posters at least admit at this point they were wrong, congrats...
    Sample size.

And last yr because of Linsanity you were a constant major poster here, now you don't even show for game threads and rarely give Felton his due.
    I've posted on multiple threads. And this is what this is about for you? Lin vs Felton? We played an excellent game against Miami. And I've posted in plenty of threads, including Felton threads, Amare threads, Melo threads, injury threads, etc.

Then there was the back and forth over the Phoenix game where... surprise, we weren't talking about Lin or the Rockets at all.

There were a lot of posts in Lin threads early in the year because they were the MOST active threads. Surprise, surprise.

I kind of watch this little tidbits lol........
    No, what you're doing is trying to forward a perceived agenda.

You criticize the way I assess the team, that you don't feel I'm optimistic enough, that I bring up lapses in the team (which I do when I assess EVERY team, like when I posted about Memphis beating Miami in the NBA thread), or when I note how the Lakers have crappy interior defense, or Memphis is the best big front court in the league, or how the Spurs have the best passing game in the league.

You're the only one turning this into a Lin vs Felton discussion.

Lastly you can have Lin at 24, I'll take Felton at age 28 any day of the week and still think he will last longer than Lin when its all said and done.
    Felton's playing having 2nd best season EVER (15.1/6.8). Even so, it's STILL below his D'Antoni season (17.1/9.0). In his 9th year as a player. It's great that he's playing above expectations (not much, I put him at 12/5 to 14/6). We're not even 25% through the season and this is statistically defining?

If you actually read my threads and recalled them correctly, I stated that Lin's performance would drop off from that season (it has), and in more threads than one I stated that Felton *might* be better THIS season, but that Lin had more upside, however the decision of "win now" he fits better Short term.

I also projected that Lin would most likely be an average to above average PG by the time the season is done, with a possibility for some regression, depending on the system, the roster, and how he adjusted to the season.

Which I still maintain the court is OUT due to Sample Size.

And replying about the Rockets in a thread where I comment on 4 other teams is NOT bringing up Lin. It's bringing up a NBA franchise, no different than replying about Denver or any other team.

I may like Lin as a player, but I'm not the person between the two of us who keeps bringing him up as a point of criticism. I have pointed out a handful of what I view as factual errors.

I'll continue to espouse my general views of the Knicks and their players and that includes when our team plays crap defense (which they sometimes do), or when ball movement goes to crap (which it sometimes does), or whether Amare should play off the bench (it has), or that Melo's playing his best all around ball in his career (it is), or that JR Smith's game has improved more than anyone on the team (it has).

As for my following the Rockets it goes back to BEFORE Lin was a member.
    Daryl Morey has been a SUPERSTAR in the Analytics community for YEARS. He founded the Sloan Analytics Conference. And Gearheads around the country have been following him for years. I also happened to have liked his acquisitions of Asik and Harden, as well as Parsons.

I also follow Pops and the Spurs. And Presti and OKC. Some of us follow Basketball as a sport as WELL as their teams.

Really, you need to find a new bag. Felton had a great game last game. I noted it. Apparently you feel I'm not gushing enough. Sorry that you're disappointed.

vCash
    Sample size.

I've posted on multiple threads. And this is what this is about for you? Lin vs Felton? We played an excellent game against Miami. And I've posted in plenty of threads, including Felton threads, Amare threads, Melo threads, injury threads, etc.

Then there was the back and forth over the Phoenix game where... surprise, we weren't talking about Lin or the Rockets at all.

There were a lot of posts in Lin threads early in the year because they were the MOST active threads. Surprise, surprise.

No, what you're doing is trying to forward a perceived agenda.

You criticize the way I assess the team, that you don't feel I'm optimistic enough, that I bring up lapses in the team (which I do when I assess EVERY team, like when I posted about Memphis beating Miami in the NBA thread), or when I note how the Lakers have crappy interior defense, or Memphis is the best big front court in the league, or how the Spurs have the best passing game in the league.

You're the only one turning this into a Lin vs Felton discussion.

Felton's playing having 2nd best season EVER (15.1/6.8). Even so, it's STILL below his D'Antoni season (17.1/9.0). In his 9th year as a player. It's great that he's playing above expectations (not much, I put him at 12/5 to 14/6). We're not even 25% through the season and this is statistically defining?

If you actually read my threads and recalled them correctly, I stated that Lin's performance would drop off from that season (it has), and in more threads than one I stated that Felton *might* be better THIS season, but that Lin had more upside, however the decision of "win now" he fits better Short term.

I also projected that Lin would most likely be an average to above average PG by the time the season is done, with a possibility for some regression, depending on the system, the roster, and how he adjusted to the season.

Which I still maintain the court is OUT due to Sample Size.

And replying about the Rockets in a thread where I comment on 4 other teams is NOT bringing up Lin. It's bringing up a NBA franchise, no different than replying about Denver or any other team.

I may like Lin as a player, but I'm not the person between the two of us who keeps bringing him up as a point of criticism. I have pointed out a handful of what I view as factual errors.

I'll continue to espouse my general views of the Knicks and their players and that includes when our team plays crap defense (which they sometimes do), or when ball movement goes to crap (which it sometimes does), or whether Amare should play off the bench (it has), or that Melo's playing his best all around ball in his career (it is), or that JR Smith's game has improved more than anyone on the team (it has).

As for my following the Rockets it goes back to BEFORE Lin was a member.
    Daryl Morey has been a SUPERSTAR in the Analytics community for YEARS. He founded the Sloan Analytics Conference. And Gearheads around the country have been following him for years. I also happened to have liked his acquisitions of Asik and Harden, as well as Parsons.

I also follow Pops and the Spurs. And Presti and OKC. Some of us follow Basketball as a sport as WELL as their teams.

Really, you need to find a new bag. Felton had a great game last game. I noted it. Apparently you feel I'm not gushing enough. Sorry that you're disappointed.
    say the word and I'll post your past posts referencing everything you said, but I wouldn't say the word believe me.

Actually reading them over today the Felton signing post went like this

Felton

Now I have to watch Houston to see Linsanity

Believe me i'm here long enough to keep things saved and easily accessable but lets not got there..........

And no your adament about Lin and how bad Felton was going to be yet you still make excuses like he's young.

Hey two out of four is not bad, you may think your talking up Felton but your really not there kind of back handed comments.

It's all good, soon I'll let all those summer posts directly at me go by the waist side.

I'm human though it feels really good right now that the knicks are 14-4 and Felton has played really well, your bringing up that stat thing again lol.........and Lin is not, Stats or no stats...........somehow I don't think Felton would get subbed for TD four times already to end games.

You know what gets me is when the Knicks play well or Felton you say something backhanded then say I'll take it for now?

Sorry but that for some reason bothers me and I have to comment when you do.

Okay onto tonight and beating the Bulls on the road possibly without Camby, melo, Amare and Iman........they are down 2 so no its not equal and another win on the road with all this would be amazing.

I hope Melo can go though, we have Denver tomorrow and more substitions all the better.

vCash
    Lastly why can't Felton be judged soley as Knick?

I really give a rats you know what about the other seasons, they don't matter to me, as a Knick he's nothing less than allstar material.

vCash
    Who cares about last season

the last 4 decades

really

this ******** needs to stop from within/without

focus on this season

"all black everything"

vCash
    Lastly why can't Felton be judged soley as Knick?

I really give a rats you know what about the other seasons, they don't matter to me, as a Knick he's nothing less than allstar material.
    surely thats a bit much...

Regarding Lin vs Felton, I have no doubt at this point, that Felton is a better fit for this team. You were 100% right about that. But imo, that has more to do with our record than Felton's individual play. He's been solid, and he's won me over, but lets not get carried away.

I expected us to regret losing Lin almost immediately. As of right now Lin is struggling, Felton is playing solid, and the Knicks are one of the best teams in the NBA. Cannot complain at-all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    surely thats a bit much...

Regarding Lin vs Felton, I have no doubt at this point, that Felton is a better fit for this team. You were 100% right about that. But imo, that has more to do with our record than Felton's individual play. He's been solid, and he's won me over, but lets not get carried away.

I expected us to regret losing Lin almost immediately. As of right now Lin is struggling, Felton is playing solid, and the Knicks are one of the best teams in the NBA. Cannot complain at-all.
    I just figured out that you can't lose

If Knicks win and Lin stinks you win something and if Lin actually plays better and the Knicks lose you still kind of win?

And if Lin plays better and Knicks win , its a home run lol

But if Knicks lose and Lin plays bad? Okay i'm confused now

vCash
    I just figured out that you can't lose

If Knicks win and Lin stinks you win something and if Lin actually plays better and the Knicks lose you still kind of win?

And if Lin plays better and Knicks win , its a home run lol

But if Knicks lose and Lin plays bad? Okay i'm confused now
    If the Knicks lose AND Lin plays bad the Mayans were correct.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697