Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He didn't make up the idea. It was brought to him by Greg Schiano, who has first handedly seen a player get paralyzed on a kick-off.

It might be "stupid" for the game of football, but for safety reasons it is not.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    it baffles me that people still like this ****in clown as commissioner. he's pathetic

vCash
    Get rid of Greg Schiano!
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    He didn't make up the idea. It was brought to him by Greg Schiano, who has first handedly seen a player get paralyzed on a kick-off.

It might be "stupid" for the game of football, but for safety reasons it is not.
    at some point you have to not care about safety. its a violent sport and the players know what they are getting into. its a violent and dangerous game, you cant make it compeltely safe
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    at some point you have to not care about safety. its a violent sport and the players know what they are getting into. its a violent and dangerous game, you cant make it compeltely safe
    The game of football will die one day due to how violent it is. It has to be made safer. This isnt a huge deal. Change is difficult for most people. 47% of kickoffs are touchbacks anyways. Ill miss the onside kick though

vCash

vCash
    100% incorrect. Safety should always be first priority in the NFL.

It's a violent sport, and it will still be violent even if they find a way to not do kickoffs.

I dont know if this answer, it seems like a decent idea, just needs some tweaking.

Having said that, I do think Goodell is a bit of a hypocrite. He can preach safety all he wants, and thats well and good. Wasnt he backing the idea of adding more games to the schedule. If you really care about player safety, adding two games is not a good idea at all.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    That'd be annoying
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    oh really? when they come back and start suing the NFL for their injuries 20 years or so after they have retired. Why dont you tell the judge "well they knew what they were getting into" and the judge will laugh in your face.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post

Yet the hypocritical Schiano has defenders diving at opponents knees while in the victory formation. Pretty selective safety first theory.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 12-06-2012 at 01:44 PM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    They never should have changed the kickoff to begin with. I think now that they have it's very likely the kickoff is completely eliminated in the next 5 years. 4 and 15 is much easier to accomplish then an onsides kick. If they are determined to go this route i think putting the ball on the 25 and making a team get to the 50 would be a much better plan. 4th and 25 is very difficult and could be entertaining although i'd much rather just move the kickoffs back.

vCash
    Goodell is a ****ing idiot. The fact that Schiano proposed it doesn't surprise me, because he's a ****ing idiot too.

vCash
    What a great innovative and courageous idea that Commissioner Roger Goodell has made.

vCash
    i cant wait for goodell to be gone
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash

Replacing the kickoff

**** Goodell and **** Schiano.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast