Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not sure how I feel about it. I get both sides of the argument. On one hand I think it could make things entertaining. I'm sure there could be some tweaks on the rule to make it make more sense. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing them try it out in a preseason game. I wonder if this was the way football was played all along and they decided to change it to kickoffs like it is now would people complain the same.

vCash
    So dumb.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    This is terrible. What is next, are we going to take tackling and blocking out of the game as well? I heard people get hurt there too... Goodell is a ****ing joke of a commissioner, the players hate him, the fans hate him, the game is getting ruined by him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    remove kickoffs and i very well might. contrary to what people seem to beleive, most games in todays NFL aren't all that entertianing. you get maybe 1 or 2 a week if you are lucky. remvoing one of the most exciting elements from it will certianly turn people off.

The NFL is a water downed version of itself. They call it excitiment and parity, i call if no defense and a bunch of ****** football teams. Look at this year alone. Atlanta and Houston have only lost one game, yet very few people actually label them as dominant and elite teams. Parity is good for a number of markets, but it makes for bad and unentertianing football msot of the time
    I feel u man, kickoffs were one of my favorite parts of playing. They are still the most exciting plays to watch. What is cooler in the game then watching a guy go over 100 yards on one play to change the game??? We will rarely ever see that with punts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HrtHustleNMscle View Post
    I feel u man, kickoffs were one of my favorite parts of playing. They are still the most exciting plays to watch. What is cooler in the game then watching a guy go over 100 yards on one play to change the game??? We will rarely ever see that with punts.
    exactly. they compeltlely turns the game around. an example this eyar alone was the ravens raiders game. ravens were dominating, the raiders finally got on the some momentum and looked like they might turn it around. then jacoby jones returns a a kick for a touchdown and compeltley re-energizes the rvanes and their fans. why would you want to remove things like that?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I've got no problem with the punting part of this, that could actually be more exciting than the kickoffs the way they currently are.

With 4th and 15, Pass Interference, and Roughing the QB are still in play, and with how often that **** is called the conversion rates will be too high. Instead of the 4th and 15, they should just keep the onsides kick the way it is now. So you have the choice of a punt, or an onsides kick. Sadly it eliminates the surprise onsides kick, but it's better than 4th and 15.

vCash
    horrible ****ing idea

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    What goes up must come down.

So many examples of bullet proof companies, countries and families which surprisingly collapsed. You never know, could be the end off football as we know it with billion dollar lawsuits.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    This thread is terrible.... Yes this idea isn't the best. No it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Pros:
    Still a return involved
    You guys are stupid nfl coaches won't risk 4th & 15 on thier 30 every time, probably not unless they needed to.... They don't even attempt 4th&5 from that far into your territory..
    4th & 15 is more exciting than onside kick
    Punt return could be more exiting than kickoff due to current lack of returns.
    Slightly safer

You all know the cons
    You guys are always so quick to overreact... Kickoffs are broken right now anyway, HALF AREN'T EVEN RETURNED.
    OMG no moar kickoffs liek im not even gonna think about it im just gonna be mad.
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    This thread is terrible.... Yes this idea isn't the best. No it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Pros:
    Still a return involved
    You guys are stupid nfl coaches won't risk 4th & 15 on thier 30 every time, probably not unless they needed to.... They don't even attempt 4th&5 from that far into your territory..
    4th & 15 is more exciting than onside kick
    Punt return could be more exiting than kickoff due to current lack of returns.
    Slightly safer

You all know the cons
    You guys are always so quick to overreact... Kickoffs are broken right now anyway, HALF AREN'T EVEN RETURNED.
    OMG no moar kickoffs liek im not even gonna think about it im just gonna be mad.

Yeah but Roger is gonna radically change the game all together. This is far different than adding a roughing passer or helmet to the head rule, This rule is literally changing the dynamic of the nfl and how the game is played. He is doing things that will indeed hurt the popularity of the NFL. Hell the violence is what makes the NFL so popular And he's taking that away. pretty lame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    He didn't make up the idea. It was brought to him by Greg Schiano, who has first handedly seen a player get paralyzed on a kick-off.

It might be "stupid" for the game of football, but for safety reasons it is not.
    Who are all these players getting hurt on every kick off return?

In the past years, it seems as if the frequency of serious knee injuries and concussions is much higher than it used to be.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash

Getting Rid of the Kickoff

So they've been talking on the radio about this suggestion to remove the kickoff and instead do a 4th and 15 at the 30 yard line.

Anyone else think this is a stupid idea? Teams like the Pats would convert that all day and never have to give the other team a chance with the ball.

I think it would need to be a 4th and 25 or something to make it as rare as the onsides kick.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Wasn't this posted before?

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    Wasn't this posted before?
    Didn't see it on the front page.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    it's cool ^

PSD's Shane Vereen.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast