Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    One hundred percent wrong. Statistically it is 2.5 percent more likely to convert a 4th and 15 than an onside kick, since 2004

And no, idiots, goodell didn't make this up. Greg Schiano did

Plus 47% of kickoffs are touchbacks now. Lmao this actually may be an improvement to the current game. Plus what team would go for it on 4th and 15 if most teams wont go for it on 4th and 1 most times. Lol some people are just so scared of change it's comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    I love people on here trying to defend this idea. We are a country of *******, people are acting like they are the ones putting their bodies through this. The players are making millions of dollars and KNOW the risk playing this game, people get hurt, people die, that's life.
    Its not the ones making the millions of dollars, its the millions of kids who are never going to make millions, but are fed that they have to go 100 % and blah blah blah, and if you believe you can achieve and all that, end up with all kinds of health problems trying to be a football player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    oh really? when they come back and start suing the NFL for their injuries 20 years or so after they have retired. Why dont you tell the judge "well they knew what they were getting into" and the judge will laugh in your face.
    right b/c our court systums isnt ****ed up or anything

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBoy718 View Post
    People are complaining that a 4th and 15 is easier to convert than an onside kick, so more teams will go for the 4th and 15, but you do realize the risk is higher, right? If you fail to convert an onside kick, you most likely give the opposing team the ball on the 50 yard line. If you fail to convert a 4th and 15 from the 30, you'll most likely give the opposing team the ball on the 30 yard line, which is already in field goal range. Do you think teams will risk going for the 4th and 15 knowing that not converting will put the opposing team in scoring position automatically?
    this is a good point tho

but i don't like the rule any way

I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    i'm not so much upset about the loss of a kickoff but i'm upset because when do all these changes to the game stop. take away this now, take away something else next year. at some point its not going to resemble the game we love.
    Next thing you know, they'll ruin the game by introducing the forward pass!!!1!
    “We learn from history that we do not learn from history”
    ― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post

Plus 47% of kickoffs are touchbacks now. Lmao this actually may be an improvement to the current game. Plus what team would go for it on 4th and 15 if most teams wont go for it on 4th and 1 most times. Lol some people are just so scared of change it's comical.
    No, the big ******** is that while it may be "2.5% more likely to convert 4th and 15" that's in general. Onside kicks are basically random, 4th and 15 is not.

You're giving teams with guys like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers etc a HUGE ****ing advantage over every other team. Because those teams will convert at basically an infinitely higher percentage than a team like the Chiefs.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    just make them punt it... and only allow them to go for it with say 5 min left in the 4th..

vCash
    Maybe my memory is failing me, but I cannot remember any significant injuries on kickoffs. It doesn't seem as dangerous as it's being made out to be.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    The game of football will die one day due to how violent it is. It has to be made safer. This isnt a huge deal. Change is difficult for most people. 47% of kickoffs are touchbacks anyways. Ill miss the onside kick though
    how do you make something thats naturally unsafe safe? you don't. next will look into safer bullets. the players know its a dangerous game, theres no need to make stupid cahnges like this. how about we change it to two hand touch next?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    100% incorrect. Safety should always be first priority in the NFL.

It's a violent sport, and it will still be violent even if they find a way to not do kickoffs.

I dont know if this answer, it seems like a decent idea, just needs some tweaking.

Having said that, I do think Goodell is a bit of a hypocrite. He can preach safety all he wants, and thats well and good. Wasnt he backing the idea of adding more games to the schedule. If you really care about player safety, adding two games is not a good idea at all.
    thats my point. i dont mean disregard safety in general, i meant at some point there's nothing else you can do. its a violent sport, you can't change that.

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    oh really? when they come back and start suing the NFL for their injuries 20 years or so after they have retired. Why dont you tell the judge "well they knew what they were getting into" and the judge will laugh in your face.
    im talking today. your not going to see these lawsuits form current players 20 years from now, due to the new precautions the NFL is taking. those are fine, changing the violent game to be less violent is not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Has anyone heard of the UFC? It's this sport where two men wear basically latex gloves and then punch and knee and kick each other in the face until one of them gets knocked the **** out or gives up. It seems to be pretty popular.

**** Goodell.
    NFL players play eveyr weak. UFC fights fight like twice a year, like boxers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    CRY ME A F.UCKIN RIVER....don't be such a damn Neanderthal. You watch the game for the football or the violence? if its for the violence your an *** clown plain and simple. The game wont lose popularity and you all know damn well your not going to stop watching.

Science (you know, the thing responsible for damn near everything around you, including that computer) says humans aren't made to be banging into each other so violently. this isn't the 70s where offensive lineman weight 250 lbs, these guys are freaks of nature, 6'3" 270 lbs who run 4.4 and 4.3s. that plus all the workouts, nutrition, access to resources.

what your going to end up having is a bunch of retards who weren't good enough to make money playing this sport to begin with, but since some coaches job depended on winning no matter what, he put him through a shitload of unnecessary headbanging.

Let it go
    remove kickoffs and i very well might. contrary to what people seem to beleive, most games in todays NFL aren't all that entertianing. you get maybe 1 or 2 a week if you are lucky. remvoing one of the most exciting elements from it will certianly turn people off.

The NFL is a water downed version of itself. They call it excitiment and parity, i call if no defense and a bunch of ****** football teams. Look at this year alone. Atlanta and Houston have only lost one game, yet very few people actually label them as dominant and elite teams. Parity is good for a number of markets, but it makes for bad and unentertianing football msot of the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    how do you make something thats naturally unsafe safe? you don't. next will look into safer bullets.
    We already looked into safer bullets. They're called rubber bullets, and they're used quite a bit.
    “We learn from history that we do not learn from history”
    ― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    We already looked into safer bullets. They're called rubber bullets, and they're used quite a bit.
    they are still dangerous. safer yes, safe no

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast