Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    yea,they might elminate kickoffs one day,but it wont be with this stupid idea
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    oh really? when they come back and start suing the NFL for their injuries 20 years or so after they have retired. Why dont you tell the judge "well they knew what they were getting into" and the judge will laugh in your face.
    the point is they shouldn't be suing the nfl...

vCash
    instead of toying with the game,just eliminate it entirely and remember what was....leave the rough housing to those rugby chaps
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    **** you goodell, why don't you make it touch football while you're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    **** Roger Goodell...Who the **** does this guy think he is? Special teams, including kickoffs, is a HUGE part of the game of football...Just as important as offense, just as important as defense...You cannot just take away 1/3 of the game of football because it isn't safe...Not 1 snap of a football game is safe, somebody can loose their ability to walk and talk on any given play

Teams lose and consistently lose because they have piss poor special teams, you can't eliminate kickoffs and onside kicks....When a coach or player is asked how did you win the game tonight? They reply we played Offense, Defense, and SPECIAL TEAMS better than our opponents

Who is Goodell to say that a 4th and 15 is equal to an onside kick?? The percentage of converting on 4th and 15 is leaps and bounds higher than recovering an onside kick...This would change the game so much that the NFL will suffer, quote me on this....Please somebody quote me on this....If the NFL makes this rule change, the league will be no where near as popular and will not pull in nearly as much profit as it does now

Giving the Commissioner permission to change the game of football as dramatic as this is ludicrous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    A winded defense might never get off the field. The Saints at home and any given Sunday the Pats would hang 70 points.
    One hundred percent wrong. Statistically it is 2.5 percent more likely to convert a 4th and 15 than an onside kick, since 2004

And no, idiots, goodell didn't make this up. Greg Schiano did

vCash
    People are complaining that a 4th and 15 is easier to convert than an onside kick, so more teams will go for the 4th and 15, but you do realize the risk is higher, right? If you fail to convert an onside kick, you most likely give the opposing team the ball on the 50 yard line. If you fail to convert a 4th and 15 from the 30, you'll most likely give the opposing team the ball on the 30 yard line, which is already in field goal range. Do you think teams will risk going for the 4th and 15 knowing that not converting will put the opposing team in scoring position automatically?

vCash
    Holy crap.....Goodell won't be happy until he's left a Vince McMahon XFL stamp on this league.

vCash
    I love people on here trying to defend this idea. We are a country of *******, people are acting like they are the ones putting their bodies through this. The players are making millions of dollars and KNOW the risk playing this game, people get hurt, people die, that's life.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    I love people on here trying to defend this idea. We are a country of *******, people are acting like they are the ones putting their bodies through this. The players are making millions of dollars and KNOW the risk playing this game, people get hurt, people die, that's life.
    I'm not defending it because of the injury aspect. I'm defending it because it's really not an awful idea. 4th and 15 from the 30 is too risky to attempt to convert unless you really need to (just like the onside kick). And no punter is booting it 80 yards, so the starting field position will probably be the same. It will also allow teams to focus solely on punt coverage, so you won't find useless players stuck on the roster who are only good at kickoff coverage; hence, freeing up the roster for more productive players.

vCash
    Given current kickoff distance, kickoffs are the most boring and pointless play in football, with the possible exception of extra points. Getting rid of them is fine by me.
    "There are many reasons the U.S. shouldn’t go to war with the Islamic State — and the best one may be because that is exactly what they want us to do." -- Dan Froomkin

vCash
    i'm not so much upset about the loss of a kickoff but i'm upset because when do all these changes to the game stop. take away this now, take away something else next year. at some point its not going to resemble the game we love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HesterJordan23 View Post
    the point is they shouldn't be suing the nfl...
    Um, what?

Anyways, so many jimmies are being rustled over a thing that'll more than likely not happen. Oh lawd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    One hundred percent wrong. Statistically it is 2.5 percent more likely to convert a 4th and 15 than an onside kick, since 2004

And no, idiots, goodell didn't make this up. Greg Schiano did
    Well, i guess by that logic hes 97.5 percent wrong, not 100. I had to be an *** when i saw that...anyway, regardless of that 2.5 percent, which i dont believe, if my team is going for it on 4th and 15th, i feel way more confortable than if they are going for an onside kick. Keep in mind, onside kick attempts have a slightly inflated success rate due to the element of surprise (SB44)...a concept that would be eliminated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You do realize why he's putting these safety measures into affect right? The NFL could very well be sued for multi-billion dollars. Also like it or not the players want and need this safety.
    Have them sign waivers stating they understand the effects of this and cant sue the nfl in hindsight it is up to them to determine when they have had enough.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast