Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Cruz is better than Jackson, but that isn't some kind of slight on Jackson by any stretch. Cruz has evolved into one of the best receivers in the league.
    All I've been trying to say.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Bowe out for the rest of the year with a rib tear.

Maybe if Baldwin can show some flashes of being a potential #1 they might think about saving money on Bowe and trade him in the offseason??

Honestly us and the Chiefs are like perfect trading partners, it's like a match made in heaven, we can give them the type of WR they need opposite of Baldwin and they give us exactly what we need next to Djax. We can also give them a QB if there isn't a franchise one with the first pick for them to take and have to for a couple years.

I'm willing to sacrifice Nnamdi's contract and replace that with Bowe and I'll be willing to bite the bullet by starting Hughes/Marsh/Drafted Rookie opposite DRC.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    They should have got that Jonathon Joseph guy... he's pretty good.

vCash
    Half of Alabama’s Starting 22 would start for the Eagles Today. For anyone who followed Asomugha and the Raiders, his last really solid Season was back in 2008. His last 2 Seasons in Oakland were not Pro-Bowl material though he was named a Pro-Bowler by reputation which almost always ocurs in the NFL.
    He never had very good deep coverage skills and was awesome from 15 Yards in. His Back-pedaling speed is atrocious and his timing, and leaping ability have really deterioated. His hands for Int's were always poor even during his Prime.

The eagles would have been better off with Carlos Rogers (who made All-Pro last year and probably will again this Season for the 49ers and is the Physical Style of Cb the Eagles needed) or even CB Richard Marshall who is another Physical Cb. Asomugha is overrated and not physical enough to play in the NFC East, he is one of the biggest bust sigings of all-time free-agency wise. He’s a nice guy who seems more concerned about his post-NFL career than his production on the field. He needs to be flat-out released on 12/31/2012 when AR and Staff get terminated.

vCash
    The eagles would have been better off with Carlos Rogers (who made All-Pro last year and probably will again this Season for the 49ers and is the Physical Style of Cb the Eagles needed) or even CB Richard Marshall who is another Physical Cb. Asomugha is overrated and not physical enough to play in the NFC East, he is one of the biggest bust sigings of all-time free-agency wise. He’s a nice guy who seems more concerned about his post-NFL career than his production on the field.
    ^
    Well said.

I had such high expectations for him.Thought he would be as close to a true shut down corner as possible.Fact is he mediocre at best.I still think Samuel would have been a better solution at CB.At least he can catch the ball.Oh well...

vCash
    Has Aso been a bust? Yeah. However, the safeties have been absolutely atrocious. Aso's strength is at the LOS. When you have safeties that don't know what the **** they're doing, it's kind of pointless to have a corner who excels in press coverage. If they keep Aso they need to upgrade the safety position. Then again, they need to upgrade the safety position anyways.

I would rather keep both corners and get two safeties than get rid of the corners and need corners AND safeties. I don't think we can do a complete makeover in one off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Has Aso been a bust? Yeah. However, the safeties have been absolutely atrocious. Aso's strength is at the LOS. When you have safeties that don't know what the **** they're doing, it's kind of pointless to have a corner who excels in press coverage. If they keep Aso they need to upgrade the safety position. Then again, they need to upgrade the safety position anyways.

I would rather keep both corners and get two safeties than get rid of the corners and need corners AND safeties. I don't think we can do a complete makeover in one off-season.
    That's what I've been saying. Aso has been a disappointment sure, but we haven't set him up for succes. Even when we brought him in anyone who expected him to be this excellent deep cover corner clearly knew nothing about him. The Eagles don't press, haven't for as long as I can remember. It's not a good fit.

That being said, he's still better than a lot of other starting corners in the BFL. Our bigger issue is safety. Doesn't make sense to get rid of him just to replace him and still be just as bad at safety
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Ok so the Eagles don't press,no plans to do so.It makes a lot of sense to retain Nnamdi and that huge contract then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Ok so the Eagles don't press,no plans to do so.It makes a lot of sense to retain Nnamdi and that huge contract then.
    No reason his contract can't be restructured. And as I said, even though we don't use Nhamdi correctly we still have a better pair of corners than a lot of other teams
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Bowe out for the rest of the year with a rib tear.

Maybe if Baldwin can show some flashes of being a potential #1 they might think about saving money on Bowe and trade him in the offseason??

Honestly us and the Chiefs are like perfect trading partners, it's like a match made in heaven, we can give them the type of WR they need opposite of Baldwin and they give us exactly what we need next to Djax. We can also give them a QB if there isn't a franchise one with the first pick for them to take and have to for a couple years.

I'm willing to sacrifice Nnamdi's contract and replace that with Bowe and I'll be willing to bite the bullet by starting Hughes/Marsh/Drafted Rookie opposite DRC.
    They're going to try to save money and trade Bowe to pick up Vicks even more expensive contract?

Also the Chief will take a QB in the draft. They just have to. It's not considered a strong class but they still desperately need to lock the position down for the foreseeable future and there really aren't any good and affordable options to do that outside if the draft right now.

Also, I personally am more comfortable with Jackson and Maclin as our starting receivers than I would be with Hughes or Marsh starting at corner. But that's just me
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Nnamdi is old and has lost a step. TIme to go into another direction
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234