Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    ^ I don't agree. The scheme and lack of safety help here is what limited him. Once he hits, he'll be gone quick.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    ^ I don't agree. The scheme and lack of safety help here is what limited him. Once he hits, he'll be gone quick.
    I agree there are not a lot of skilled corners out there available anyhow...considering teams like the Lions have been picking up players off the streets to suit up for them at corner this year. If Aso hits the FA market this year he won't get paid as much but he will have a long list of teams looking to pick him up.

vCash
    i think the best thing to do is restructure Nnamdi because if we cut him we have to pay him 4mill, he will signed with another team for about 8-10mill a year and that will get him his 12-14mill monet back anyways.
    so simply restructure.
    as for Vick, i believe we should do the same thing, we'll see after this game in Tampa if Foles is the guy we want to hand the keys to because for some reason after Vick and McCoy went down we started running the ball alot. in my opinion that is to hide Foles but the Bucks has the top run D in the NFL and a bad pass D, so this is his game to show us what hes made of.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    i think the best thing to do is restructure Nnamdi because if we cut him we have to pay him 4mill, he will signed with another team for about 8-10mill a year and that will get him his 12-14mill monet back anyways.
    so simply restructure.
    as for Vick, i believe we should do the same thing, we'll see after this game in Tampa if Foles is the guy we want to hand the keys to because for some reason after Vick and McCoy went down we started running the ball alot. in my opinion that is to hide Foles but the Bucks has the top run D in the NFL and a bad pass D, so this is his game to show us what hes made of.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    totally disagree about Vick. he needs to go. i didn't like the move of bringing him in in the first place.

he's just not good enough. period. he doesn't pick up blitzes, his audible selection is poor at best, he's inaccurate, he tries to make the big play too much instead of simply throwing the ball away or getting down, and he'll never give you a full season, so all of his spectacular plays go out the window anyway.

he needs to go. this team needs to rebuild at that position in a bad way. i say use Foles, see what he's got. at worst, he's a stop gap, they have a bad season or two, and they get in position to draft someone like Johnny Football down the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ugh....

how?
    http://www.eaglescap.com/next.html

Your forgetting Shady's contract and Djaxs goes up next year too because of the extension we gave em.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    So far we've potentially cut like ~14M in cap. Were still like 4M over the cap.
    ^^ Therefore most of those guys are probably gone to.

Cutting Vick, Jenkins and Bell gives us about 24M in cap space.
    http://www.eaglescap.com/next.html

Your forgetting Shady's contract and Djaxs goes up next year too because of the extension we gave em.
    I dont forget about their salary caps next year but that number is no where near accurate.... His site is AWESOME for current years... next year is a joke...

Vick - 18m - good but gone
    Bell - 9.6m - good but gone

Babin - 4.4m - already gone

Jenkins - 5.5m - who knows
    Nnamdi Aso - 15.3 - actually works out to be a 4 million cap hit
    Patterson - 4m - who knows

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    I dont forget about their salary caps next year but that number is no where near accurate.... His site is AWESOME for current years... next year is a joke...

Not to mention isn't the salary cap for next year unknown?

vCash

I did factor in Nnamdi's and Babins contract and football contracts don't work like you think. Your calculating it wrong.

You haven't factored in the dead money which counts against the cap too, for instance if we cut Nnamdi ~4M is dead money. So essentially were clearing 11M in cap not the full 15.3. Same with Babin ~1M of his contract is dead money if cut so we only clear around 3M. Vick if cut ~7M is dead money which counts against the cap so only ~10M is saved.

Click on the players name and it'll give you a full breakdown of the players contract.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Not to mention isn't the salary cap for next year unknown?
    It's a guess estimate going of what the cap has been the last few years. Even if its around the viscinity we don't have much cap space, is what I'm trying to portray in the bigger picture.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    i just dont think you're reading what im writing lol....

if you all remember ive been posting Bryce's www.eaglescap.com website for quite some time...ive even calculated some of the indepth contract terms with and for him. We have been emailing and go through an annual check list each year...

but its all good man i understand what your attempting to say..i just dont think you have read past posts of mine possibly. all good regardless
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 12-07-2012 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    i just dont think you're reading what im writing lol....

if you all remember ive been posting Bryce's www.eaglescap.com website for quite some time...ive even calculated some of the indepth contract terms with and for him. We have been emailing and go through an annual check list each year...

but its all good man i understand what your attempting to say..i just dont think you have read past posts of mine possibly. all good regardless
    Oh **** I never knew you knew the person that owns that site lol, that's awesome.

So how much cap space do we have in the off season then thus far with just Nnamdi and Babin gone respectively??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I mean its all speculation still but this is how it SHOULD work out.

For Vick his 2013 hit on the cap is 17.9 if we cut him prior to the the first day of the NFL season which is usually right after the Super Bowl this year that deadline is FEb 6th. So 3 days after the Super Bowl, he needs to be CUT / RELEASED before that date. As long as he is then as per his contract we owe him ZIP...we hav eno financial obligation to him at all and his contract will come off our salary cap.

Now if we keep Vick after that day, we pretty much can say were either sticking with him, or paying 3 million dollars to try to "trade" an overpaid QB. Which I dont see happening at all. He will be cut / released directly after the Super Bowl. Saving us around 17.9 million (what we project).

For Nnamdi when we signed him since we gave him a 9 million dollar roster bonus to sign the way the contract was set up is after this year there are "loop holes" we can get out of. Regardless his cap hit will still be 4 million dollars, that money will go aginst the cap even if we cut him or not. So of his 15 million 2013 salary we would only save 11 million by cutting him. You and I may think thats alot of money, but EATING 4 MILLION is what the owners and FO see. I truley think BUSINESS WISE Nnamdi is back next year regardless of restructuring or not. Again 4 million is too much to eat, esp for his ceiling of his talent and "not being used correctly" 1 game this year he was used how he should of been, for just about 4 quarters. Again Megatron...and he got SHOT DOWN then we "change the scheme" and Megatron beats us. I HOPE he restructures...thats our best case. NEX year we can cut him with no salary hit.

Jason Babin he is completely off the books, non of that money is dead besides what we owed him for this year. Any team that claimed him claimed his contract. Nothing was gaurenteed at all in his contract. In hindsight it was another beautiful Eagles shady contract, from the agent and players end....stupid to accept it. The part of "Babins contract" being able to hurt us has already passed.... hes 4.5 million off the books

Mike Patterson hes on the books for 4 million but he would be owed a roster bonus after the super bowl over just over 1 million. So if we pay that hes on the roster, if not he will be cut / released and off the roster and 4 million free of cap space.

Cullen Jenkins would be STUPID to let go. Not only because of his leadership tha he brings to the field but also his financial cost he is. His orig contract had him at a 6.5 cap hit but he restructured that. Now his hit is a 5.5 hit and owed 1.5 fully gaurenteed. So hes a 4 million dollar hit.

Demetress Bell same thing as a Mike Vick here, 3 days after the Super Bowl hes due 8.6 million dollars. LOL he can and will be cut for a 0 dollar proration or any hidden fees. He was a 1 year rental that looked like a juicy cnotract in his eyes. Im sure if he preformed at a very high level eagles may have considered keeping him. He will be an amazing 9.6 million off the books 100%

Vick 17.9
    Nndami 11
    Babin 4.5
    Patterson 4
    Jenkins 4
    Bell 9.6

Now the deal we signed with LeSean next year he only counts for 5 million. His contract is an inverted Hour Glass deal. Meaning the middle of his contract is the biggest. But he is also do a roster bonus over 5 years. As long as we pay his 1.7 million dollar roster bonus after the Super Bowl he will be on the team and he counts for 5 million against the cap this year.

DJax - his contract is really tricky and very very well written by Eagles FO. This upcoming year is the only year we HAVE to keep him basically. 9 million dollar cap hit and a 2 million dollar bonus. But the 2014 year we can get almost 100% off the books from him. But this upcoming year he will get PAID. 9 million no matter how you look at it and he will collect a total of arpprox 11.4 million this year. (aside from injury, or missing practice / game due to being childish which is the only clause or way we can get out of his contract.

McCoy -5
    DJax -9

We have approx 22 million in cap right now... of the 120 million.

Now assume we cut all the above people (Babin already gone) we will have approx 51 million available. Gotta take away McCoy and Jackson so we have approx 37 million in cap room to make up for losing Vick, Bell, Babin, Jenkins, Patterson, Nndami. Or if we keep Jenkins and Nndami like i suggest we would have 22 million in cap space. Assume you need 5 million for the draft so that leaves us with around 17 million in potential "SAFE" money to go out and get 2 impact players in FREE AGENCY.

vCash
    Damn thanks for taking the time to make that well detailed post. I completely understand things now and I appreciate that.

Someone to add to that list and I don't know how likely it'll happen is Jason Avant.

With Riley Cooper coming on this year, barring any additions to our receiving corp in the off season, I think it's time to put Coop and Macy on the outside and let Djax play the slot and shut people the heck up about people like Cruz being better than him.

Avant is solid and has been a nice veteran presence and unless he's willing to restructure his contract, I think we should part ways with him.

I also think we should restructure Pattersons contract, he may seem like a bust but when he plays our d-line does get some pressure up the middle and he can be a nice rotational guy to have as long as he's restructured.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-08-2012 at 06:48 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Damn thanks for taking the time to make that well detailed post. I completely understand things now and I appreciate that.

Someone to add to that list and I don't know how likely it'll happen is Jason Avant.

With Riley Cooper coming on this year, barring any additions to our receiving corp in the off season, I think it's time to put Coop and Macy on the outside and let Djax play the slot and shut people the heck up about people like Cruz being better than him.

Avant is solid and has been a nice veteran presence and unless he's willing to restructure his contract, I think we should part ways with him.

I also think we should restructure Pattersons contract, he may seem like a bust but when he plays our d-line does get some pressure up the middle and he can be a nice rotational guy to have as long as he's restructured.
    The only way to make people quit saying that Cruz is better is for Jackson to actually, you know, be better than Cruz. He's not.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    yeah np man..

I hear that about DJax but personally I prefer this scenario...

Splits:
    Dwayne Bowe - big physical great route runner had drops early but prove himself... and holy YAC too
    DeSean Jackson - let him be the deep threat keep the safeties true....
    Jeremy Maclin - put him in the slot or honestly trade him and keep Avant there hes one of the best slot 3rd down wr's in the league.

but if we cant get FA options...

I would still like to trade Maclin....he has shown me nothing worth keeping at all esp these past few weeks when he is the CLEAR CUT #1.

Cooper - split
    DJax - split
    Avant - slot

Man i hate to sound like a debbie downer, but all that we wanted for the longest time were WR's...now all I want is DIFFERENT ones LOL.... man their good but just not good enough...i want a Hakeem Nicks / Dez Bryant / Justin Blackmon / Dwayne Bowe / Calvin Johnson / Andre Johnson / Julio Jones

I WANT A BIG PHYSICAL WR!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast