Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eagles expected to part ways with Nnamdi

I didn't know where to put this since we don't have an off season thread.
    But according to CSN Philadelphia it's likely were going to part ways with Nnamdi this off season.

He's supposed to make 15.3M next year and if we release/cut him we save 11M.

I guess many people expected this coming, also opens up another hole for us.

But the only thing I wonder is why not get rid of him now and just let Marsh and Hughes play FT???

Thoughts on possible release??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    It was bound to happen.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Duh

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    This is not new to me, and I expect many others will see the door along with Nnamdi. Here is my list Vick, Jenkins, Tapp, Mathews, Coleman, Watkins, Bell, Dunlap and Allen. I bet there will be even more than that list I got there. These are just the few names that come to mind.

vCash
    So far we've potentially cut like ~14M in cap. Were still like 4M over the cap.
    ^^ Therefore most of those guys are probably gone to.

Cutting Vick, Jenkins and Bell gives us about 24M in cap space.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Bell, VIck, and Nnamdi and also Babin is now gone. I would keep Jenkins though. This team needs leadership. They will save something like 35m with these cuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

I don't see them getting rid of Jenkins, he's played well and dropping him leaves us weak at the DT spot. We'd be stuck with Patterson as our starter, who though pretty good, is who we drafted Cox to get rid of
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Patterson, Cox and Jenkins is a nice trio of DTs. Patterson doesn't make that much either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I don't see them getting rid of Jenkins, he's played well and dropping him leaves us weak at the DT spot. We'd be stuck with Patterson as our starter, who though pretty good, is who we drafted Cox to get rid of
    Ya Jenkins is the one guy that I wouldn't mind keeping because of his experience and because it doesn't look like he's lost any speed or anything. HIm and Cox have definitely been a strong duo but if we need cap space to give guys like Maclin and DRC raises he might have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    Patterson, Cox and Jenkins is a nice trio of DTs. Patterson doesn't make that much either.
    Thornton looked solid this year to and Landri played worse this year but he's not bad either.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Vick, Asomugha, and Bell are essential locks to be cut, we already knew this. I also think that there may be a few sleeper cuts, which could include the following:

1. DRC: The speed and skill set is there, but boy has he looked god awful this year at times. Last week may have put him in this discussion, although he has the rest of the year to redeem himself. This move would leave us very thin at corner, but we did use two pretty high picks on Boykin and Marsh. We will also probably draft another one this year if we go this route.

2. Avant: One of our only veteran leaders, but his production this year has not warranted the money he makes. We'll see whether or not they decide to go in a different direction here.

3. Celek: Also another victim of a relatively high salary despite playing hard and taking a beating all year. I think that this could happen if we draft a tight end or find another decent one on the free agent market.

4. Jackson: I doubt they do this one since he just got his big payday last year, but it's a possibility if they're trying to clean out the bad character in our locker room.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    I still hope we bring him back on a restructured contract but yeah no way he comes back on his current deal next year, that was expected

vCash
    yeah. i hope they restructure. i'd like to see him play with some decent safety help and we get a d coordinator that can work to players strengths a little better. i can't believe you can go from perennial pro bowler to complete piece of **** that quickly.

vCash
    You can when you play for the Philadelphia Eagles, its just our luck, its horrible

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

ugh....

how?

vCash
    Yeah he's gone. And don't expect the frenzy of suitors like the last time he was released.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast