Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mike Patterson Season Over; Pay Being Cut

Pretty ****** to take the guys remaining salary over an illness that could have been contracted at work...not ti mention after everything hea been through this year.

Getting killed in the media as they should.

http://mobile.philly.com/columnists/.../&id=183276761

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagl...s&id=183276671

vCash
    How craptastic is that?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    i hope the media talks abt this a lot, not just philly but hopefully espn picks up on it. i want this guy out, his signings haven't helped us and acts like this will prevent free agents from signing here.

vCash
    Sorry for the spelling..iPhone.

I'm not one to shed tears over players and $$ but this is ridiculous. It's $150,000 to a team worth billions.

vCash
    He is got an awesome case against the eagles if this were with my country`s laws.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Load of BS

vCash
    Oh, I didn't realize NFL teams weren't charities.

vCash
    I mean...it sucks....but I fail to see how this is any different than, say, cutting a player who had (what ends up resulting in) a career ending injury? Tear your ACL, get cut, lose non-guaranteed money.

Eagles could have been nice about it, but this is the way it works, and the Eagles are fully within their rights to do so. Sucks...but...meh, won't crucify them, either.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash

Mike Patterson Season Over; Pay Being Cut

It sucks for him but its no different than anyone else... If you're sick or hurt or in any other way unfit to do your job your employer has every right to replace you. Whether his illness was contracted at work or not is a different issue entirely and if its the case he will be compensated for that through other means. It's ignorant to think the Eagles cheated him in some way by not wasting a roster spot and money on an employee who isn't actually working
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Eagles DT Mike Patterson (pneumonia, reserve/non-football illness list) will be paid his full salary.
    A standoff was brewing after the Eagles placed Patterson on the NFI list and decided to withhold some of his salary, but they've relented after 24 hours of bad publicity. Patterson was planning to file a grievance and argue he could have, in fact, contracted pneumonia playing football. The 29-year-old defensive tackle is signed through 2016, and due $2.9 million next season.

-Rotoworld

vCash
    That was a pretty classless move.Glad to see they made it right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    That was a pretty classless move.Glad to see they made it right.
    What makes it classless? They're employees. No other employer pays their workers if they can't work. It's pretty standard practice. Even if you're injured or get sick on the job and can't work, you aren't paid full wages/salary, you're compensated partially which is what they were doing
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Because it was possible he contracted the pneumonia while at work.Obviously the Eagles reconsidered so someone must have got the memo.Ever heard of workmens comp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Because it was possible he contracted the pneumonia while at work.Obviously the Eagles reconsidered so someone must have got the memo.Ever heard of workmens comp?
    Yes I have heard of workmens comp... Workmans comp generally doesn't provide full wage compensation. Completely normal to see a "paycut". Additionally, workmens comp only applies when he's able to prove contracted said illness at work and that it was not his fault.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Some of you guys have absolutely no clue about labor law.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"