Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    The conditional pick was a 6th but was bumped up to a 5th based of his performance. I know we would of had to pay him but you are going to have to pay for a good running back. There are a few players i would take Lynch over at this point and Raji being one of them. Dude has been non existent lately.
    I agree with you. I would've loved for the trade to go down, and I'm right there with ya on the Raji comment. Can't remember the last time I heard his name called.

What could have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Yeah but even at the time it made so much sense. It should have been a no-brainer, IMO. Beast mode should have been running wild at Lambeau.
    i agree, but lets not act like he was a slam dunk. there were issues surronding him at the time
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Seahawks gave up a fourth for him.
    seahawks looked bad at the time though, so i'm guessing they would have assumed seattles 4th would be higher, so we would have needed to give the thrid still
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    You guys have it all wrong.

The Seachickens knocked out the Aints due to Marshawn going into Beast mode. If that doesn't happen... then this deliciousness never happens quite the way it did.

3 Wild Card playoffs

3.1.1 NFC: Seattle Seahawks 41, New Orleans Saints 36
    3.2.2 NFC: Green Bay Packers 21, Philadelphia Eagles 16 (Remember Starks went off this game).

4 Divisional playoffs

4.1.2 NFC: Green Bay Packers 48, Atlanta Falcons 21
    4.2.1 NFC: Chicago Bears 35, Seattle Seahawks 24

5 Conference championships

5.1.1 NFC Championship Game: Green Bay Packers 21, Chicago Bears 14

6 Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers 31, Pittsburgh Steelers 25

Who's to say that the Jeckle and Hyde Lynch shows up like Starks does in the Philly game?

And in the other Wild Card game.. if the Saint's win that game then the Saint's likely beat the Bears.
    That means no hurting Cutler's vagina, no Raji pick 6, no Bears fans crying over spilt milk.
    Then we have to play the Saints... a scary proposition. More scary than the Bears in my opinion.

Thank you Marshawn! I still get warm fuzzy feelings from beating Chicago in the NFC Championship game.
    Last edited by vbjunkie; 12-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    This just in. In 1989, we could have drafted Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandarich. I can only imagine what it would have been like for Favre to have him to compliment his passing game. I think we could have had a couple Super Bowls with him.

Then in the 2000 draft, we could have used our fifth round pick, which we foolishly used on WR Joey Jaminson and drafted Tom Brady instead. Then we could have groomed him behind Favre and trade him for a future draft pick. Man, we could have been such a great organization if we only had perfect hindsight and/or a crystal ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This just in. In 1989, we could have drafted Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandarich. I can only imagine what it would have been like for Favre to have him to compliment his passing game. I think we could have had a couple Super Bowls with him.

Then in the 2000 draft, we could have used our fifth round pick, which we foolishly used on WR Joey Jaminson and drafted Tom Brady instead. Then we could have groomed him behind Favre and trade him for a future draft pick. Man, we could have been such a great organization if we only had perfect hindsight and/or a crystal ball.
    Don't ruin our fantasies with logical arguments....

vCash

We could have had Marshawn Lynch for a 3rd round pick

In fairness, though, in 1989 pretty much everyone thought Mandarich would be the second coming, in 2000 no one knew who Brady was. But in 2010 a lot of people knew what kind of runner Lynch was in the NFL and knew he would make an impact where ever he went, and they knew GB didn't have a #1 back on their roster, so I think that was a little more obvious than draft hits/misses. You make a good point though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayzak15 View Post
    You cant possibly say that having James Starks,Alex Green, Ryan Grant who didnt play in the superbowl year would be better than having one of the top 10 backs in the nfl
    I CAN possibly say that that is positively not what I was saying. I will try to explain it again using a dumb movie. A dumb movie seems a fitting way to explain this simple suggestion. The Butterfly Effect. Remember? Ashton Kutcher? In the movie, he changes one little thing in his past and it has unbelievable circumstances on the rest of his life.

What I am saying is that if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt on the ground.

What I can possibly say is that the missed opportunity was during the year in which the Packers won the Super Bowl. I am saying that even if we could have traded for Ed Reed, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald and a legitimate young left tackle for four sixth round picks that year, I would not go back in time to do it because that would be changing something, and that change could have monstrous repercussions that could lead to a lack of a recent Super Bowl victory.

Do you understand what I am possibly saying right now?

vCash
    Yep.. We needed rb in a bad way and Marshawn couldve been had.. I think Ted has a problem with taking chances.. I think he needs to sack up at times.. Its not always about draft players.

vCash
    I was all for giving up a 2nd for him...That being said I am not sure anyone could do well behind our Oline

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I was all for giving up a 2nd for him...That being said I am not sure anyone could do well behind our Oline
    Eh i think a second would have been a bit much. It is hard to say i would have done that because that second round pick turned out to be Cobb.

There you go thumper

vCash
    ^^^And therein lies the problem. Everyone looks back at these draft picks and if the guy we selected was garbage, its a no brainer that we should have given up a pick. If the guy is great, then its either a good idea not to trade the pick.

We've had some hits in the third round and some failures in the third round. Same goes with the 5 round too. I mean, look at our third rounds from 2007-2010 (we didn't have one in 2009 for the record) but those years we got James Jones, Finley, and Morgan Burnett and the one we didn't have in 2009 was ammo to trade up for Matthews if I'm not mistaken. Those years the third rounder was pretty valualbe, especially when you factor in their contracts over the first couple years, and the fact that Lynch may not have signed long term with us.

vCash
    Benson ran well behind this line and so does Starks.. Ted has built a great core.. He can afford to gamble a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Yep.. We needed rb in a bad way and Marshawn couldve been had.. I think Ted has a problem with taking chances.. I think he needs to sack up at times.. Its not always about draft players.
    I don't know if he has a problem taking chances. I think he would call it risks. You always hear him say he likes his guys. And these guys tend to have been here from the start which means he hand picked them. He knows how they'll fit in the system, he's talked to them and knows their background very well. I just think Ted wasn't willing to take the risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    The conditional pick was a 6th but was bumped up to a 5th based of his performance. I know we would of had to pay him but you are going to have to pay for a good running back. There are a few players i would take Lynch over at this point and Raji being one of them. Dude has been non existent lately.
    Raji hasn't been non existant at all IMO. He just plays a position that doesn't fill the stat sheet. The defense was a lot worse those games that he missed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast