Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    When does evan turner become a FA? he'd be a nice pick up for the 2 spot!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    When does evan turner become a FA? he'd be a nice pick up for the 2 spot!
    RFA 2014. Most likely they match.

vCash
    Whatever offer comes Ellis' way, you guys aren't going to be able to match it.

vCash
    We don't want to. lol.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I want a legit two guard. Not just a chucker. Someone who can shoot and play reasonable defense.

vCash
    ^this.

Monta is a street baller.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Ive heard alot of rumblings of Gasol to Milwaukee depending on how he fits and plays in the lakers plans. There waiitng to do anything with Gasol because one big option they want is Ersan you think Ersan and Beno for Gasol?

vCash
    i wanna keep beno him and mike are huge off our bench! and dont really want gasol think were better off giving ersan n henson PT over gasol at this point in his career

vCash
    I actually think Gasol wouldn't be a horrible addition for the short term. I know they want Ersan, which I'm fine with (even though I do really like Ersan), but it depends on the other pieces we would have to add. I think one thing this team lacks is a legit big who can score in the post. That's a really important piece to a playoff team because when the outside jumpers aren't falling, you need someone you can get it into to consistently get higher percentage looks from the post.

vCash
    well if thats the case i still dont think we give up beno if they want ersan we would have to add some more salary so we could throw in sam, drew, or beno with ersan but i think we'd be more likely to keep beno unless we get a pg in return but blake and duhon would not be good fits for us IMO skiles didnt like duhon in chicago and we've already had blake twice so if we could get rid of drew n ersan that would be nice we'd shed alot of cap in 2 seasons instead of drew in what 2-3 years? and ersan in 5....

only thing im concerned about is if we take gasol would we be able to match an offer on jennings this offseason and pay ellis if he picks up his P.O? Although it would be nice because Gasol will expire when we need to pay udoh and sanders if we want to go that route....i think we'll keep larry but let udoh go to play henson...

vCash
    I'd part with Ersan, Dalembert, Gooden for Gasol. Lakers get nice expiring Dalembert now and might get them close to under the tax. Also Sammy be a decent back up center to Howard. Ersan with be the stretch pf and Gooden would be depth off of the bench. But Lakers fans will say they would be 2014 free agent since they only have Nash under contract.

So hard to say they ruin their cap by taking on Ersan even though he's a stretch 4. Also doubt they take on Gooden. But if they don't win it all Howard might wanna bolt. Hard to say. Think they would want Beno over Gooden. Since Beno is another expiring contract. But Lakers have no pg's I want back in return. I wouldn't mind Meeks back but he's no pg.

I wouldn't part with Beno in a Gasol trade cause we have no reliable back up pg then. Don't want Ellis being back up at all. Skiles doesn't play Lamb much. But Lamb was in a slump little time he got.

vCash
    Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings has grown as a player since his rookie season, but it's very difficult to find a tangible area of his game where that improvement has manifested in his production or efficiency. The same criticisms from year one are valid today. He can't draw fouls, he takes too many tough, off-balance shots, he's far too streaky and he can't consistently create good shots for teammates. If you drill down into the numbers, he's always had trouble drawing fouls because he's always had an issue finishing at the rim.

At 6'1, craftiness is important when it comes to converting with big men protecting the paint -- ask Tony Parker, Kyrie Irving, Steve Nash, Eric Bledsoe, Chris Paul, Goran Dragic, Luke Ridnour, Ty Lawson, etc. etc. -- but Jennings can't get crafty because he's too predictable. His dependence on his left-hand is borderline unprofessional for a fourth-year starting point guard in the NBA. His version of an off-hand layup usually involves contorting his body and throwing the ball over his head with his left hand. It's been a source of frustration for fans, but it's starting to become a serious problem.

Perimeter defenders can take Jennings out of plays by shading him right. Big men can come up with controlled blocks when they wait for BJ to push the ball back to his left in the paint. Here's his shot chart for the 2012-13 season:
    When it comes to converting in the restricted area, Jennings is 11.2% worse than the rest of his teammates (Bucks are otherwise 54.0% in that zone), and a whopping 13.7 behind the league average (NBA avg is 56.5%). Those numbers only scratch the surface of the real problem.

Jennings' inability to use right hand in traffic has turned him into a below-average half court player, which is why he fails to impact so many games during the course of the season. His success is often very situational. If his jumper gets hot, his inability to get to the rim against set defense is masked. If the Bucks are playing extremely well on defense, he gets fast break opportunities where nobody is around to challenge him at the rim.

This season I've noticed that Skiles has allowed his starting point guard to gamble for steals a bit more, and then leak out after challenging a perimeter jump shot to get an easy cherry pick layup if his teammates grab the defensive rebound and throw the ball ahead.

It's probably not a great strategy on the whole -- the defense gives up an extra 8 pts / 100 poss when Jennings is on the floor -- but it may be a necessary evil. It's probably the only thing that keeps Jennings' at-rim scoring numbers in the "vaugely terrible" category and out of the "OMG THE HORROR, THE HORROR" zone. As an experiment, I sorted through the video on MySynergySports.com for every Brandon Jennings layup opportunity this year (up to the Heat game), and here's what I found.

I distinguished between two situations: (1) layup attempts against 0-to-2 set defenders in fast break opportunities, and (2) layup attempts against 3-5 set defenders in half court opportunities. I assumed Jennings had trouble scoring at the rim when big men were around to challenge his shot, but I didn't know he had this much trouble.

Brandon Jennings Layups

Made

Attempted

FG%

Set Defense/Half Court (3-5 set defenders) 23 65 35.38%
    Fastbreak/Transition (0-2 set defenders) 23 39 58.97%

Overall 46 104 44.23%
    Those numbers speak loudly. The half-court conversion rate for Jennings is downright ghastly. It's impossibly bad, but it explains a lot about why he struggles so much to impact games. If he heads to the paint he's probably hurting his team, even if we factor in the possibility of an offensive rebound. It's not as if he's taking hard contact and missing these shots either, as more often than not he blunts the angle on his drive and fades away from a large defender to take a floating layup attempt at an impossible angle.

Is there any reason he can't develop a pro-caliber right hand? I can't think of a good one, but that transformation in his game will be the key to any "next step" the Bucks hope he might take. If they take away his opportunities to leak out while his teammates play 4-on-5, could they shame him into working on his right hand this summer? I'm not beyond hoping that happens, because I still think the franchise will make a long-term investment in Jennings this summer. In this edition Jennings clocked in with the worst net rating among all Bucks regulars, so it's not as if his body of work is worth boasting about at this point in the year.

In any case, here are the updated numbers for PER and lineups.
    http://www.brewhoop.com/2012/12/31/3...ineup-pyramids

Was gonna quote some more but the article is huge. Shows tons of graphs and charts on bad % as well. Also if its true Jennings wants way more then the $9M to $10M per then I say deal him. I think he's chasing $12M to $14M range. He's not worth it. Can only hope his first offer sheet he gets and accepts is less then $10M per and that's reaching.

vCash
    I agree with this Jennings post. I've liked Jennings and since he came on so strong his rookie year, I've been sort of biased towards him succeeding, but I just don't see it. He isn't much of a creator. He can't finish at the hoop like Ellis does. It seems the only thing he can do is go to the hoop and shoot that little floater. He doesn't go hard and elevate like Monta does. Now, Monta sometimes does it too much and takes stupid shots, but Jennings just isn't that good. He's not a good defender and his offense is limited. Even recently I've said that Jennings offer sheet needs to be matched, whatever it is, but I'm not so sure anymore. He's just not that great of player, and we can find better players to build around.

vCash
    the thing is i dont think teams see a 40% shooter worth more than maybe 11 per season....only way a team offers more is if they wanna Fu ck us like houston did to the knicks

vCash
    Bucks PR ‏@BucksPR

Congrats to Monta Ellis - named Eastern Conference Player of the Week today by the NBA.
    Bucks PR ‏@BucksPR

Ellis averaged 21.3 ppg, 8.3 apg and 4.0 spg while shooting 46.7% from the field and 57.1% from three during the #Bucks' 2-1 week.
    -Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast