Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    If we got draft picks then means were tanking. Kohl wont tank. Heck we didn't get picks for Bogut. Yeah got youngster in Udoh but still. If we got picks also means getting washed up dead weight coming back besides. Also with Beno injured and not much playing time for Lamb we almost need another back up pg. Wish we could get Ridnour back.

vCash
    The problem with trading for picks, is that they are so often times protected so much. Half the time it turns into top 20 protected the first year, lotto protected the second year, then top 7 protected, then top 3 protected then first pick protected, then unprotected.

So there's always that chance that you trade a guy for a draft pick then don't get that pick for 3 years. And who knows, in three years, that team may click and flip the switch like the Thunder did, when they had three straight lotto years then made the playoffs. So the pick goes from what you thought was going to be an eventual lotto pick to a pick in the high teens or low 20s.

vCash
    A Warriors fan here and just checking in to see what Bucks' fans think of Ellis. I never thought he was a star player and the fact that the Warriors are a much better team by just not having Ellis on the team tells you what kind of effect he would have on one. He's a gunner that is capable of making others around him worst. David Lee, while in NY, was a 20 point and 11 rebound guy. In his first year with the Warriors, he became a 16 points and 9.8 rebound guy. This year, without Ellis, he's back to nearly 20 points and 11 rebounds a game with the Warriors winning. Curry's numbers are up as well. Ellis won't be able to guard most opposing 2 guards. I haven't watched any Bucks games, but I bet his idea of defense is still to gamble on steals and take swipes at the ball. His ego is too big to accept a 6th man role and while shopping Ellis, the best offer they got was for a center that was hurt (Andrew Bogut) and was done for the season.

vCash
    How bout these three deals, we trade Ellis and other pieces to make it fit goes to Minnesota for Derrick Williams, ridnour, and Berea to Milwaukee solid deal for both teams Milwaukee get a guy in Williams who can play the 3 or 4, prefer 3 for him. Then trade ersan to Nets for brooks, Taylor and then get magic in the deal to get reddick to Milwaukee in the deal that get what they need in scoring and shooting or they can trade Ellis to Utah for Jefferson all good deals for the Milwaukee I like the Minnesota cuz Williams is 22 and would fit well wit Jennings and I like the Jefferson deal post he is a post present we can use,a rebounder, and a good shoot from 10 to 15 feet so all good deals I know would make us better.

vCash
    wow....just woowwww
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    we dont need anymore big men

vCash
    Wow i thought i was in the warriors forum reading up on a curry vs ellis thread. Total deja vu.

vCash
    3. Should the Bucks trade Brandon Jennings (2013 restricted free agent) or Monta Ellis (possible 2013 unrestricted free agent) this season? Both? Neither?

BG: Zooming out, the arguments for retaining both past this season are a lot weaker than the arguments for parting with one. You just don’t need two guards who both take 16-plus shots a game and make 40 percent or less of them while presenting issues on the defensive end, especially when both are going to expect big dollars next summer. Make no mistake, both will want to get paid. Jennings, who watched draft classmates like Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson and DeMar DeRozan all get extensions in October, will be looking for eight figures per year, minimum, and he should have multiple suitors at that price. Ellis, 27, has made noise about opting out of his $11 million contract for 2013-14, and he’s the classic inefficient volume scorer who will find a sucker to pay him, oh, 25 percent more than he’s worth. Choosing between the two, the 23-year-old Jennings is obviously preferable: He’s younger, he has better range, he’s a more natural distributor, he has a lower turnover rate and he has a higher ceiling.

Which starting guard should the Bucks trade?

Brandon Jennings
    Monta Ellis
    Both
    Neither

With Ersan Ilyasova, Drew Gooden and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute already signed to long-term deals, paying both Ellis and Jennings to stay makes even less sense. That core isn’t advancing deep into the postseason regardless of how much talent the Bucks have accumulated on rookie deals. What’s the justification in shelling out? The fact that Jennings is on his rookie deal right now reduces the urgency factor and makes it difficult and unlikely to find return value for him by the trade deadline. Let’s assume the Bucks keep winning at their current rate, putting themselves firmly in the playoffs. The strategy should be to shop Ellis and deal him if blown away by a return package, seeking young talent and picks or the ability to package him with one of the other questionable contracts on their books. If there’s no deal, playing out the stretch with Ellis and hoping for a good first-round playoff matchup is a fine backup strategy. No real harm done. If we assume the Bucks fall on hard times in advance of the deadline, then the asking price for Ellis simply drops and you try to cash out on him.

Either way, the plan next summer will be to cross the fingers and grit the teeth during restricted free agency, paying Jennings whatever the market decides he’s worth. With no other readily available options at the point, the Bucks are in a corner on that one. When it comes to Ellis, exploring sign-and-trades would be worth the time but simply letting him walk and allowing someone else to (over)pay him isn’t a bad option either.

RM: Jennings hasn’t shown leading-man aptitude to date, but I agree that the Bucks have virtually no choice but to match whatever gruesome offer sheet comes his way in restricted free agency. Age is a powerful motivator in that decision; while Milwaukee has a tough call to make regarding two good players with functionally similar games, one is four years younger, better defensively and has the benefit of being a lesser-known quantity. Ellis will undoubtedly grow as a player as his career goes on, but we don’t have any reason to expect dramatic improvements or outright reinvention. He is who he is, while Jennings is only beginning to find out what he can be. That makes him a far more attractive piece for a Bucks team without much of an upward trajectory.

I’m not as down on Ellis as most, but I do think he needs very specific conditions in order to succeed, and sharing the backcourt with Jennings over the long term doesn’t exactly fit his needs. He gave the Bucks a way out after they tired of waiting for Andrew Bogut, and given that Bogut has progressed with the pace of a Peter Jackson epic since suffering a wave of injuries, Milwaukee is surely glad to be rid of that concern. But that doesn’t mean Ellis was anything more than a temporary fixture, fit to be repackaged and returned to the store either at the deadline or if he winds up declaring for free agency next summer.
    http://nba.si.com/2012/12/19/pau-gas...-trade-rumors/

vCash
    Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks: One way or the other Bucks guard Brandon Jennings is going to get paid. The question becomes will Milwaukee bite the bullet and pay him, or will they simply concede that he’s going to cost them more than maybe they believe he’s worth.

At the extension deadline in October, Jennings camp watched as guards like Ty Lawson and Stephen Curry sign $11 and $12 per year pacts and tried to squeeze the Bucks into an even bigger deal. The Bucks passed and made it clear that they would issue a qualifying offer sheet on Jennings in July and retain the right to match whatever he’s offered. That still looks to be the thinking.

The more likely trade target in Milwaukee is Monta Ellis, mainly because he can opt out of his deal and hit unrestricted free agency.

League sources say there are a handful of teams with interest in both players, so Milwaukee will have some options to consider.

The other variable to keep in mind is that almost everyone in Milwaukee’s leadership is on the clock with ownership, as most are in the final year of their contract.

It’s been said ‘Playoffs or bust’ for the Bucks, and right now they are 13-11, sitting in the fifth seed in the East.

As long as the Bucks are playing well it seems they will remain intact at least as it pertains to Jennings and Ellis. If they crater before the deadline that could change.

The Bucks feel like they have control of Jennings, and when it comes to Ellis they feel like they can offer more money than anyone is likely to offer, so they are not as afraid of that. But, there isn’t a whole lot of tomorrow thinking going on in Milwaukee, mainly because they have to make the playoffs in order for tomorrow to be leaderships’ problem.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-the...-taking-shape/

That article also discusses Gasol,Josh Smith,Henderson,Redick,Derrick Williams,Bargnani,Jefferson.

vCash
    What teams be interested in Ellis?

Wolves? Wouldn't mind getting Ridnour back and maybe D.Williams....
    Blazers? Matthews and a filler or some kind a pick?
    Magic? Redick and a young asset? Afflalo would be nice but kind a reaching there...
    Jazz? Burks in a slump but young and maybe salary filler?
    Lakers? Gasol? But I think if were in a win now mandate then we would want Ellis paired up with Jennings and Gasol.

vCash
    Stuckey and something for Ellis?

vCash
    Sticker is a pg to me. We don't need a pg. we need a scoring 2
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    If I was Hammond I would try and land another guard. Maybe Bobcats would consider unloading Sessions or Ben Gordon?

vCash
    I think our best move is to ink Jennings during the season, that way we dont have to sit there and wait for a team to throw a deal at him. We can move on and start making other moves.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    were not moving either were in 5th place right now right outside 1st in the central and we can be better than we are now! i think what will happen is ellis will walk, we'll match whatever offer on jennings....look to resign udrih and dunleavy let dalembert and pryzbilla walk. After we match on jennings were going to look for a 2 who can shoot and create for themselfs at a decent price leaving enough room to resign sanders! I think were going to try to keep the core of this team together minus ellis sam n joel and just try to get better at the 2. If we do that and harris steps it up at the 3 or henson or udoh at the 4 like sanders have this year thats all we will need to be good the next few years!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast