Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,633
    vCash
    1500

    Dolphins complain that the Pats kept running the same play

    The Patriots ran the ball 13 out of 16 plays on their game-icing, field goal drive in a 23-16 win, repeatedly finding success with runs over the left guard. That repetitiveness bothered some Dolphins players.

    "It really (ticked) me off," backup defensive tackle Tony McDaniel said, according to The Palm Beach Post. "It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful.

    "Normally when somebody's driving down the field, you just think, 'Well, they just had a good run there,' but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor, that (ticks) me off."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ated-same-play

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    778
    vCash
    1500
    Then stop it.. you should take advantage of mismatches

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    13,357
    vCash
    1500
    We've discussed this in the Pats forum.
    We run the ball, the same play over and over and get called out. We keep scoring and we get called out. It's a lose-lose situation.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,633
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    We've discussed this in the Pats forum.
    We run the ball, the same play over and over and get called out. We keep scoring and we get called out. It's a lose-lose situation.
    Yeah, someone being mad about this is one of the sillier things I have ever seen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jersey - south florida
    Posts
    2,041
    vCash
    1500
    I dont think the dolphins are complaining, more that hes saying its just a slap in the face to the defense that the patriots were able to be successful continually running it to that side. I dont think the title really matches what McDaniel was conveying.



    R.I.P. Dad

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,994
    vCash
    1500
    If they knew what play was coming you think they'd have more success at stopping it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHole View Post
    I dont think the dolphins are complaining, more that hes saying its just a slap in the face to the defense that the patriots were able to be successful continually running it to that side. I dont think the title really matches what McDaniel was conveying.
    Agree. It's more frustration that they couldn't stop it knowing whats coming.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duluth, GA
    Posts
    3,266
    vCash
    1500
    I empathize with the Dolphins. It used to make me livid when Bruce Arians would call the same plays over and over again.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

    -Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Agree. It's more frustration that they couldn't stop it knowing whats coming.
    Which in itself, is really sad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    5,790
    vCash
    1500
    Its lose, lose for the pats. We put up a lot of points, running up the score. Now that we have a good running game these dolphin *****es are whining about running the same play over and over. Stop the ****ing run then IDIOTS! SMH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,637
    vCash
    2633
    My thoughts... Then stop them and they will stop running the play. Imagine a hitter in baseball complaining that the pitcher kept picking the same corner on him, or a basketball player complaining that the opponents keep running a p+r.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    5,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    My thoughts... Then stop them and they will stop running the play. Imagine a hitter in baseball complaining that the pitcher kept picking the same corner on him, or a basketball player complaining that the opponents keep running a p+r.
    this.

    Its gotta be the dumbest complaint of the season so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,115
    vCash
    1500
    They are not complaining.

    They are frustrated with themselves for not being able to stop the same play when they knew it was coming.

    Not once did they ever say the Pats should have run something different.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,119
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    They are not complaining.

    They are frustrated with themselves for not being able to stop the same play when they knew it was coming.

    Not once did they ever say the Pats should have run something different.
    I can pretty much agree with this, but the "disrespectful to us" implies that they were doing it to them...that's the only statement that leads me away from that thought. That said, it might be out of context there
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,039
    vCash
    1500
    That drive was a masterful 4 minute offense. It consumed 16 plays, 7:40 of clock and all 3 of Miami Dolphins timeouts and left just 1:10 on the clock for the Miami Dolphins to score 10 points! The drive ended in a FG.

    BTW, that drive ended for the New England Patriots with a FG. On 3rd and goal, Tom Brady took the snap and "intentionally" fell on the ball behind the line of scrimmage, the clock continued to run (that play lost a yard and consumed 35 seconds). That effort used more clock. If they ran it on 3rd down more time would have been available. It appears the Patriots believed having a lead of 2 scores (10 points) with less time was more important than 2 TD (14 points) with more time. On one of those previous rushing plays they would have gladly taken the TD but at the bitter end using that time was more critical...just masterful.
    Last edited by subroc; 12-08-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •