Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Long

vCash
    yeah like Syn said... hes a true LT and we have Peters only way we go after him is if he wants less money to play the opposite side position...

you do that math. Although the chances of him hitting FA arent bad at all. Syn this is a new NFL man, its like how hockey was the past 3 years... Players are getting over paid... I mean look at what VJax got, while he is performing for it he got really good money, more money then what SD offered... its a new NFL man. I think the number of UFA's right now hitting the market tilted. In the past we MAY have seen 30% of those guys / stars hit the market... today we will see more like 65% easily.... Even if their motive is to do what Evan Mathis did last year (Shop, report back, get matched and stay).

But all that said again.... if Peters is healthy a guy I really really like esp if Andy stays Head Coach is Andre Smith from Cincy....hes proven and can play LT / RT very very well..

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Doubtful...probably wont hit FA and most likely wont want to play RT with Jason Peters at LT, we cant spread ourselves thin with pay top dollar to the same position.

Why wouldnt he want to play RT? As long as hes making LT money Im sure Jake Long really doesnt care, especially since hes played both in the past... But yeah, probably doesnt matter because he wont hit FA
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    yeah like Syn said... hes a true LT and we have Peters only way we go after him is if he wants less money to play the opposite side position...

you do that math. Although the chances of him hitting FA arent bad at all. Syn this is a new NFL man, its like how hockey was the past 3 years... Players are getting over paid... I mean look at what VJax got, while he is performing for it he got really good money, more money then what SD offered... its a new NFL man. I think the number of UFA's right now hitting the market tilted. In the past we MAY have seen 30% of those guys / stars hit the market... today we will see more like 65% easily.... Even if their motive is to do what Evan Mathis did last year (Shop, report back, get matched and stay).

But all that said again.... if Peters is healthy a guy I really really like esp if Andy stays Head Coach is Andre Smith from Cincy....hes proven and can play LT / RT very very well..
    Jake Long played plenty of RT in college. He can play either side. And just because he want him to play RT doesnt mean he would inherently get paid any less. He could still make "LT Money" and play RT if a team offered it to him.

Not to mention Peters has also played RT in the past, very plausible they could flip him over there.

Also, Andre Smith kinda sucks. No thanks
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Why wouldnt he want to play RT? As long as hes making LT money Im sure Jake Long really doesnt care, especially since hes played both in the past... But yeah, probably doesnt matter because he wont hit FA
    Because he will get paid more as a LT than a RT, and I would have to imagine he would prefer the importance of playing LT, pro athletes for the most part have extreme egos so I dont believe he would want to have to slide to RT because of the notion that he isnt as good as Peters. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 12-11-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Proud employee of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jesse Biddle
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post

Sad but true...I hate the idea of over-payments, I wouldnt want to pay a RT, LT tackle money, it just isn't feasible for the benefit to the team as a whole.

vCash
    Gotta say no to Andre Smith as well.The offensive lineman the Eagles signed from the Bengals was a total $$$ bust.

vCash
    ^^^Andre Smith is one of the best run blocking tackles in the league, but if Andy Reid is retained he obviously wuldnt be a fit and is likely to be signed back by the Bengals and get paid pretty well as he is still young and developing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    ^^^Andre Smith is one of the best run blocking tackles in the league, but if Andy Reid is retained he obviously wuldnt be a fit and is likely to be signed back by the Bengals and get paid pretty well as he is still young and developing.
    All I can think of is when they signed Stacy Andrews,Shawn's brother from Cinncy.He was supposed to be pretty good.He was a complete bust.

vCash
    Honestly I've watched him alot and been thoroughly unimpressed. I think he makes the ProBowl every year because he was such a great draft prospect and everyone has heard of him. Don't get me wrong, he would be an instant upgrade on our team but someone will give him a top contract because of his name and potential and he's just not worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    All I can think of is when they signed Stacy Andrews,Shawn's brother from Cinncy.He was supposed to be pretty good.He was a complete bust.
    We also got evan mathis from cincy lol i just wouldnt touch another andrews brother. But i know nothing about andre smith so idk if hed be a good signing or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    We also got evan mathis from cincy lol i just wouldnt touch another andrews brother. But i know nothing about andre smith so idk if hed be a good signing or not
    I'll be danged!I forgot about that,I thought he was a Panther not a Bengal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12