Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long

vCash

Jake Long

Looks like he's going to be a UFA this off-season due to the Dolphins cap issues.

Would be our new anchor for the next decade.

thoughts?

vCash
    He's declined a bit and not the same anymore. He's still elite but not the power house he was for a bit, maybe hampered by injuries?

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Jake Long? Yes please.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    You want to pay 10+M to a guy to play the same position with a guy were already paying 10M+ to??

Lets not even forget the guaranteed money he'll want, with the other pressing needs we have.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Long would make our line instantly better. If Peters comes back we play him at Right Tackle. If Peters doesn't come back we can play Long at Left Tackle and draft Luke Joeckel. As long as we get a tackle we can move Herremans to right guard. Either way you look at it either of these lineups are way better than what we have and we could easily run the ball more efficiently.

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-Long (I would love to have this line)

Long-Mathis-Kelce-Herremans-Joeckel

If we would sign Long I would love to draft Dee Milliner so we would have a young talented corner that could start right away. If some people don't want the corner and think we could solve that problem in free agency then Manti Te'o Would fit in nicely as our third linebacker.

If we can't sign Long one of the following should also be available: Clady, Vollmer, Albert. If we could get just one of those our line would be right where we need it to be next year.

I would also like to trade Jeremy Maclin in the offseason too. He has not taken any more steps forward and he and Jackson bring a similar skill set to the table and obviously Jacksons ability is more explosive.

vCash
    I'd LOVE to have Jake Long. Would instantly make our line top 10 (maybe even top 5) so long as Peters can come back to form. Id pay him just about what ever he wanted. With some roster cuts, and some restructered deals(hopefully) we should have a lot of cap space this off-season. People forget that we do have a lot of talent on this team, and we also have a good amount of money to spend. Especially if we can get rid of Vick's 16 million dollar contract.

vCash
    Heck to the yes!!Jake Long would help the o-line immediately,and should be able to anchor the line for years to come.

vCash
    Maybe he doesn't want to stick with the phins

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    I'd take him in a heart beat. What position is more pressing than the o-line? I'd take anyone over this slop.

vCash
    hes one of my targets i have been talking about so far... but I think you can get equal talent and healthier options out there that are just as good for a fraction of the cost

vCash
    you would actually be cutting one player and signing another. Nnamdi leaves and they save 11m. And Long gets 8-10m to play RT. I dougbt this is happening though.

vCash
    I mean, why would we want one if the top OL FA in the league? It's not like our line sucks or anything. Oh, but wait.....
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    gotta think we would be players for him if he does get there (UFA that is). can they not even afford to franchise him? for as bad as that football team is, that is brutal cap management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    gotta think we would be players for him if he does get there (UFA that is). can they not even afford to franchise him? for as bad as that football team is, that is brutal cap management.
    Well when you're picking in the top 10 pretty much every season you wind up with a lot of big contracts. Regardless. He's by far their best player. They will make cuts to accommodate his salary
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Doubtful...probably wont hit FA and most likely wont want to play RT with Jason Peters at LT, we cant spread ourselves thin with pay top dollar to the same position.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast