Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Utah Massacre Reactions

Hey everyone, read some stuff on The Score about the game. Personally, I missed it and score wise, look like I didn't miss much. That being said, I read a lot about guys quitting, guys on the floor looking like they didn't give a **** (Bargnani and Derozen on this claim) and a bunch of other things. This thread is more of a catch-up to anyone who missed the game.

What did you see, if anything, that bothered you about yesterday's game if you watched it?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    move Bargnani to the bench - where he will be more effective in limited minutes

Ed Davis to the starting unit. Lets see what he can do in expanded minutes.

be a little more consistent at the SF position.

lack of strength and experience at the center position.

vCash
    starting both valanciaunas and bargnani is horrible we need to bench one of them also lowry has been real disappointing lately he doesn't play with that same passion maybe its his ankle either way this season is lost.

vCash
    I don't know about about Demar quitting but I will say he needs to use some of those skills point and put them into ball security. He gets strip or loses the balls on drives far too often.
    Last edited by BALLER R; 12-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Double face palm while watching last night. First q wasn't terrible though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller r View Post
    i don't know about about demar quitting but i will save he needs to use some of those skills point and put them into ball security. He gets strip or loses the balls on drives far too often.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    The about last nights game was Utah down 5 or up 30 didn't stop playing. They were blowing us out and they didn't for a second take their foot off our throats. That is something that this team lacks. How do we obtain it I really don't even know if these guys have it in them.

vCash
    I think it is all coaching , we have talent we just can't stop anyone . Whatever they were doing for defense last year they should do again , pound the rock or guard your yard whatever the hell it was we need to do it because last year we still had Bargs and Jose and we could play defense then . If you can't stop anyone you will loose every game .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderforce View Post
    I think it is all coaching , we have talent we just can't stop anyone . Whatever they were doing for defense last year they should do again , pound the rock or guard your yard whatever the hell it was we need to do it because last year we still had Bargs and Jose and we could play defense then . If you can't stop anyone you will loose every game .
    Last season was all smoke and mirrors, teams didn't have time to prepare, now that they do, Casey has been exposed.

Colangelo has had more than enough time to turn this thing around, he keeps making the same mistakes, overpaying mediocre players to long term contracts, hiring inexperienced NBA coaches, keeping players around that hurt the team more than they help.

I have been patient with Colangelo, but this season was the last straw in my book.

vCash
    The scary thing about getting rid of Colangelo is that Stefanski will probably take his place as GM. Here's to hoping that he can build a legitimate team.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Last season was all smoke and mirrors, teams didn't have time to prepare, now that they do, Casey has been exposed.
    see, i respectfully disagree. i don't think it was about preparation at all. in a short season a young team with less wear and tear on their bodies should have a big advantage when games are clumped together.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post

Colangelo has had more than enough time to turn this thing around, he keeps making the same mistakes, overpaying mediocre players to long term contracts, hiring inexperienced NBA coaches, keeping players around that hurt the team more than they help.

I have been patient with Colangelo, but this season was the last straw in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    see, i respectfully disagree. i don't think it was about preparation at all. in a short season a young team with less wear and tear on their bodies should have a big advantage when games are clumped together.
    they arent mutually exclusive. both points are right, but I think it was a little bit more of TMath's point. alot of teams were garbage offensively last year with the lockout taking up training camp

vCash
    didn't watch friday's game either. looks like I didn't miss much. weren't we playing at a much slower pace last year? maybe revert to that and take teams out of their comfort zone? that said, we'd probably score alot less ourselves so seems like a lose-lose at this stage haha.

vCash
    We played very well in the 1st Q. In fact, we had a 10 point lead in the first Q when it was like 24-14 or something, then we subbed off some guys, and the unit with Calderon, Ross, Pietrus, Bargnani and Gray ****ed us up. Once Utah caught up by the end of the 1st Q, they kicked our *** in the 2nd Q, and never looked back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    starting both valanciaunas and bargnani is horrible we need to bench one of them also lowry has been real disappointing lately he doesn't play with that same passion maybe its his ankle either way this season is lost.
    What are you talking about???? Lol Lowry has been disappointing lately? Seriously??? Maybe he didn't play that great in Utah but he's been their best player almost every single game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast