Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Savior

vCash

Savior

So I was watching the mavs get blown out and seeing a lot of our players miss some open shots and can't help but think dirk would have made that. This team really needs him to come back. I know he is a couple weeks away but does anyone expect him to be a savior to this team yet again or do you think we will continue to be average to below average?
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    I tend to agree.

After watching up through the 3rd quarter, there were plenty of times where we cut the deficit to 12-13 points, but couldn't find the extra gear to cut their lead down further. Dirk fixes that.

I was also encouraged by fisher's play yesterday in the 3rd. He knocked down a few big shots, and helped spread the floor.

Our team lacks shooters, but with the addition of fisher and dirk when he comes back, i think we'll be fine. No team in the nba is head and shoulders better than us. We may struggle with more athletic teams, but give us dirk back and i like our chances.

vCash
    Dirk won't make this team good enough to compete for real. We may get in to the playoffs, but no way this team makes any real noise. Especially with Derek Fisher playing 20 minutes a game (go look in the Clippers thread if you want the evidence of exactly how bad Fisher has been so far in his two games).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    there's nobody currently on this team that will solve our PG woes, so i'm ok with fish/collison splitting minutes.

none will be back for us next year anyways.

vCash
    I want to release Fisher. I don't get why we signed him in the first place...
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I want to release Fisher. I don't get why we signed him in the first place...
    give it a week or two.
    think curry and murphy..... if they feel like there's a better option out there via trade or FA then i can see them making a quick change.
    the best senario would be for collison to play the way he did in paul's absence and earn the job outright and make fisher a non issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    give it a week or two.
    think curry and murphy..... if they feel like there's a better option out there via trade or FA then i can see them making a quick change.
    the best senario would be for collison to play the way he did in paul's absence and earn the job outright and make fisher a non issue.
    What do people not get? Fisher IS A NON ISSUE. He's down a damn 2.6 PER. His ast% is half of what Collison's is and less than a third of what DoJo's is. He's shooting 27.3% from the field. He's averaging -0.114 WS/48. Fisher literally makes this team worse. Only Eddy Curry has him beat for a worse PER or WS/48...and we released his ***.

Fisher is a black hole of offensive. He doesn't get other players going, as you can see by his horrible assist numbers and assist rate. And he can't shoot for ****, unless you leave him wide open from the 3 point line (and even then it's a sample size of 6 shots in three games). Then on defense, he is a complete liability. He couldn't stop me driving to the basket, much less any point guard with average or better speed.

He has 7 TO to 8 AST. He's 4 of 6 from free throws. He ranks DEAD LAST on the team in ORtg and second to last in DRtg. EVERY SINGLE STAT SAYS: DEREK FISHER SUCKS. There is no competition. This isn't just some bad season. Fisher has NEVER been a good player, he's overrated because he's hit some big shots before. And people only remember the big shots, ignoring the fact that if his team had a better point guard, they would have never needed Fisher to hit that big 3. And especially over the last five seasons, he has been downright awful.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss