Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think I heard him and Hamilton are close friends...use that chip to go get Hamilton now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31:24636932
    They gave MY a full NTC for coming here. LOLOLOL that's so Ruben
    It's a one year deal...so what.

If the Phillies suck and they could trade him to a contender midseason he would probably wave again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    That's a grey statement with lots of room for interpretation. What I'm saying is that, at that time when Hampton was the most desirable FA SP on the market and was being courted by probably 6-8 teams, to say it came down to the school district (when you're about to sign a contract that would allow you to afford to send your kids to school on Mars) seemed disingenuous at best, and at worst made it seem like he didn't care about being competitive.

All things being equal? 3-4 similar deals to choose from and need something to tip the balance? By all means, visit the schools and decide.

This.
    That's kind of an exaggeration.

At the press conference, Hampton explained he had heard nothing but good things about the quality of life in Colorado. He wanted his father and his in-laws to move with the family and be together. One of the reporters asked Hampton to cite an example of "quality of life" and he mentioned the school system.

The media made a bigger deal of it in order to create headlines.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Young is basically just a name I feel. Saw at Phuture Phillies that his OPS was .10 higher then what we had last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred:24637158
    I like the move...I don't blame him for wanting the tax thing covered...it's a "no biggie" for me

[x] CF
    [x] 3B
    [ ] OF
    [ ] SP (vanimal's replacement)
    [ ] RP

so far, so good...go and get hamilton, marcum, and adams and call it an off-season
    Agreed...Who in their right mind wouldn't want the tax thing covered if they could?

vCash

Phillies Acquire Michael Young

can we surgically remove Youngs arm and replace it with Polancos? just a thought.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    I laughed at the one part of the report..."Michael Young has informed The Phillies he will not sign an extension." Uh, thank you!

vCash
    why would he even say that publicly...leaves a bad taste in my mouth hearing that

vCash
    Good thing, too. Amaro might have tried.

vCash
    Because he's played in Texas his entire career, lived in Texas his entire adult life and is probably disappointed to be leaving like any human being would be. To the surprise of some, players are actually people and not robots or characters in a video game.

He has no loyalty or love for pHiladelphia at this point. Hopefully he has success and team has success and that changes.

Its like Utley being excited to go to the White Sox . Why would he be?

vCash
    I'm going to go on record and Ender here.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bowan1228 View Post
    Because he's played in Texas his entire career, lived in Texas his entire adult life and is probably disappointed to be leaving like any human being would be. To the surprise of some, players are actually people and not robots or characters in a video game.

He has no loyalty or love for pHiladelphia at this point. Hopefully he has success and team has success and that changes.

I don't care that he doesn't want to sign an extension with us...laughing more to the fact that at his age and current ability he's making statements like that.

vCash
    Fair point.

Not like we actually want to sign him to extension with Asche in wings. One year is why he's attractive to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    why would he even say that publicly...leaves a bad taste in my mouth hearing that
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I laughed at the one part of the report..."Michael Young has informed The Phillies he will not sign an extension." Uh, thank you!

It' spretty common that when a player gets traded with little time left in a deal the player wants an extension/raise in order to waive a NTC. The report said he informed them that it wouldnot be nesseccary. If this did not come out in the initial trade statement, it would have been a question at the press conference.

Not a big deal that it was added to the statement at all.
    Last edited by Michael6BT; 12-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    he didn't have to give up Bonilla...
    Jesus Christ... you people... he hands out a big contract and you *****. He trades so-so to possibly-pretty-good assets to fill glaring needs and you *****. If he'd gotten Young and Revere for a crate of Skittles you'd be asking why he couldn't have gotten it done with M&M's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    That's kind of an exaggeration...

The media made a bigger deal of it in order to create headlines.
    Well then pardon me for forming my opinion based on extensive reporting and what I read in the papers. Now you know how Obama wins elections.

Quote Originally Posted by bowan1228 View Post

I think this is pretty accurate. I, at one point in my life, had somehow gotten and kept my dream job for 10 years; I worked my way up a local theater to become the house director, writer, choreographer, lead comic actor, etc. Then I was told they were "eliminating my position".

I get the feeling that if they called me in and said the exact same thing, but buttoned it with, "But we found you a job at a different theater you've never been to where we'll pay 60% of your salary to not work for us and they're sending us a so-so actor a a nice fern for the lobby" I might be a little bitter and pissy about it.

I don't hold anything against him. Let's move forward. I get the feeling he will love playing in Philly. I believe he will become a better 3B by playing there every day. Not great, but better, serviceable. And if we lose Utley and he likes it here then you have a possible replacement for a year or two who already knows the lay of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    I'm going to go on record and Ender here.
    Thanks. I don't get a lot of those. I'll take it. Though I wish it came 3 years ago.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast