Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Sorry but Reynolds is a butcher at the plate and the field...no thanks
    As much as it pains me to say it, I do prefer Young over Reynolds. Their hitting is almost the same, except Reynolds can hit 577839 HRs. And Young HAS to be better at defense than Reynolds, he just HAS to.

However, Reynolds would've come without losing Worley and May, which could've been used for another target.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    However, Reynolds would've come without losing Worley and May, which could've been used for another target.
    Worley and May were traded for Revere, you big dummy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Worley and May were traded for Revere, you big dummy.
    As soon as I posted I kind of felt weird and went on MLBTR to confirm. Was just coming back to Ninja Edit my post

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    But we could still have Lisalverto (formerly Lisalberto) Bonilla and Josh Lindblom. I really like Bonilla, more than I liked Bastardo back in the day.

I don't know what to make of Reynolds as a 3B. From 2007-2010 with the DBacks, he was better than Young is now. But the last two seasons he's been frighteningly bad. My theory is that it's because the Orioles had him playing multiple positions, but I suppose that's a weak theory on which to base a decision.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    eh they dont help us today...in the end it was a decent right now trade...i feel reuben has done very well so far...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    None of the guys we've given up are/ were huge parts of the organization's future, though I guess you could make a case for May if he remains straightened out; no guarantee for a young pitcher. It's the real bullets (Joseph, Asche, the Young Guns) we need to keep around to either help the big club or use as trade assets.

Whenever I get seller's remorse on prospects I always harken back to the late 80's/ early 90's when we supposedly had the makings of the next Maddux-Smoltz-Glavine-Avery in a group that was led by Randy Wolf. Dave Coggin was in there. MAybe Matt Beech, too.

Anyway, we held onto those guys and sucked for 10 more years.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    You reference real bullets and then name a couple wooden pellets.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash

I absolutely love this addition.

Ok I understand he will be 37 at the start of the season.

But with a 10 million dollar discount, how can you past up a consistent player like him.

I don't see why he wouldn't be our everyday third baseman.
    We have know what we are going to get:

A veteran
    A winner

.300 ba 15-20 hr 85-95 rbis

I would take that over polanco or what ever scrub you guys mentioned. Not to mention with the Phil's only having to pay 6 million for him.

One more thing in 2009,

Raul Ibanez was named to the all-star team. He was 37. I see no reason why Michael Young cant have the same or even better numbers.

vCash
    Hes a winner? The hell does that mean. Its unknown how many RBI he will have since hes always been on awesome Texas offenses, but that doesnt matter. And FWIW, its $7.2 mil since we're paying the $1.2 mil in compensation he demanded.

Sure he may hit .300, but its an extremely empty BA. Not to mention the lack of power and the poopy defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Hes a winner? The hell does that mean. Its unknown how many RBI he will have since hes always been on awesome Texas offenses, but that doesnt matter. And FWIW, its $7.2 mil since we're paying the $1.2 mil in compensation he demanded.

Sure he may hit .300, but its an extremely empty BA. Not to mention the lack of power and the poopy defense
    No we're not. From everything I heard, it's Texas paying the 1.2 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    ^that's what I heard as well

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post

Well ok sorry well he may not be a winner but a pretty darn good hitter.

In his 12 years he led the Rangers in hits for 8 seasons, 5 consecutive and 6 of 7, came in 2nd twice. So I think he definitely led those Rangers "awesome offenses."

Now leads the Rangers all time in hits and xbh. 3rd in rbis.

7x All Star.

Oh sorry didn't know about the 1.2 compensation, but seriously that's like pennies to the Phillies. And 7.2m sounds better than 16.2 for one year.

And for poopy defense, oh right I would probably be right with this, but if you would add all the third basemen hits after Rolen, I don't think it combined wouldnt come close to Youngs all time hits.

So yea ill take poopy defense for some offensive production. He can bring his 1 Gold Glove, probably more than any phillie third basemen since 2002.

Well that's my opinion. Thought it was is a good trade. But I definitely want to know what your options wouldve been.

Also definitely want to know what you thought when the Phillies sign Ibanez for 3/30 when he accomplished nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ael-young.html
    1:53pm: The Rangers will assume $10MM of Young's $16MM salary and the Phillies will be responsible for the $1.2MM Young will receive for waiving his no-trade clause, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...e6fJudKrjXO.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillies_Phenom View Post
    Well ok sorry well he may not be a winner but a pretty darn good hitter.

In his 12 years he led the Rangers in hits for 8 seasons, 5 consecutive and 6 of 7, came in 2nd twice. So I think he definitely led those Rangers "awesome offenses."

Now leads the Rangers all time in hits and xbh. 3rd in rbis.

7x All Star.

Oh sorry didn't know about the 1.2 compensation, but seriously that's like pennies to the Phillies. And 7.2m sounds better than 16.2 for one year.

And for poopy defense, oh right I would probably be right with this, but if you would add all the third basemen hits after Rolen, I don't think it combined wouldnt come close to Youngs all time hits.

So yea ill take poopy defense for some offensive production. He can bring his 1 Gold Glove, probably more than any phillie third basemen since 2002.

Well that's my opinion. Thought it was is a good trade. But I definitely want to know what your options wouldve been.

Also definitely want to know what you thought when the Phillies sign Ibanez for 3/30 when he accomplished nothing.
    He didnt win a GG at 3B, he won it at SS where he plays just as bad. Hes not really a good hitter. Empty BA, doesnt walk, not much power and cant really hit when away from Arlington: .848 OPS home, .736 OPS on the road.

Yah he might have more hits than any Phillies 3B since Rolen but who cares? Hes old now and not the player he used to be. Hes racked up most of his offense at SS anyway

It was an alright trade since we only gave up a meh RP and a prospect but he isnt that good of a player
    Last edited by sexicano31; 12-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    Ugh, wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast