Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Jesus Christ... you people... he hands out a big contract and you *****. He trades so-so to possibly-pretty-good assets to fill glaring needs and you *****. If he'd gotten Young and Revere for a crate of Skittles you'd be asking why he couldn't have gotten it done with M&M's.

+1

Now you know how Obama wins elections.

vCash
    the phillies recognize that the newly acquired michael young isn't a perfect option at third base but they didn't have any viable alternatives, tweets jayson stark of espn.com. The club hopes that 22-year-old cody asche will be ready in a year but the jury is still out on him.
    mlbtr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael6BT View Post
    +1

Well... it's true.

FYI Frandsen and Stark had a funny little back and forth on Twitter about Stark saying "Phillies had no options" at 3rd

Frandsen: Come on! I'm not that bad an option.
    Stark: I agree! Was referring to FA & trade options.
    Frandsen: I know, people always take my jokes the wrong way.

Good stuff. That's mostly paraphrased.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I wouldn't have mind Frandsen out there ha they gotten a bat in the OF.

vCash
    Jesus Christ... you people... he hands out a big contract and you *****. He trades so-so to possibly-pretty-good assets to fill glaring needs and you *****. If he'd gotten Young and Revere for a crate of Skittles you'd be asking why he couldn't have gotten it done with M&M's.

Well then pardon me for forming my opinion based on extensive reporting and what I read in the papers. Now you know how Obama wins elections.

I think this is pretty accurate. I, at one point in my life, had somehow gotten and kept my dream job for 10 years; I worked my way up a local theater to become the house director, writer, choreographer, lead comic actor, etc. Then I was told they were "eliminating my position".

I get the feeling that if they called me in and said the exact same thing, but buttoned it with, "But we found you a job at a different theater you've never been to where we'll pay 60% of your salary to not work for us and they're sending us a so-so actor a a nice fern for the lobby" I might be a little bitter and pissy about it.

I don't hold anything against him. Let's move forward. I get the feeling he will love playing in Philly. I believe he will become a better 3B by playing there every day. Not great, but better, serviceable. And if we lose Utley and he likes it here then you have a possible replacement for a year or two who already knows the lay of the land.

Thanks. I don't get a lot of those. I'll take it. Though I wish it came 3 years ago.

How dare you refer to me as you people! I am not in the camp of the people who always complain about amaro. Go back and look at my posts about trading for Revere after everyone was complaining about it. I think this has been one of Amaro's best offseasons.

But I can see why you cherry picked my comment, I'll try and be a nicer "people"

vCash
    Fair enough.

I'd just reached my limit on *****y posts and you were a convenient target.
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Good thing, too. Amaro might have tried.

Bill James projects a .294/.343/.416 season for Young. A decent bounce back with a dozen homers. I would greatly prefer that over Frandsen. We didn't give up much and we will only be paying 6m for that one year. Definitely a good move for the team. And like someone else said in this thread, if we fall out of contention and Young has bounced back this year, he would likely waive his NTC to go to a contender.

vCash
    For one year not a bad deal but Ender was right, should have got Young a few years ago.

vCash
    Bill James projections should not be used on the single player level. They're more useful for gauging the competitive balance of the league imo.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genetic freak View Post
    For one year not a bad deal but Ender was right, should have got Young a few years ago.
    Ender's always right.
    [

vCash
    Ender's always right.
    Obligatory Victorino for Maddux mention

vCash
    Always right. Not always correct.
    [

vCash
    I see what you did there

vCash
    A little disappointing to see Mark Reynolds sign for 1 year and $6 million immediately after this trade. That would have been a a much better acquisition, although I do suppose Young has (barely) more upside.

Still, a guy with a better mean and median projection was available for the same dollar cost and no prospects.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Sorry but Reynolds is a butcher at the plate and the field...no thanks
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast