Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    sorry to beat a dead horse on this. but if young doesn't happen or drags on too long what are people's opinion of youkilis? a team, what say you?

vCash
    More or less in the same boat on him as I am on Young. I like Youk more as a player, but his probable injury(ies) and higher price tag give me pause.

That said, if whatever they can pay Youk to get him here doesn't keep us from making another improvement elsewhere (not necessarily during the offseason, either), I'm likewise all right with it.

vCash
    how long can young wait to decide?

vCash
    Technically? Until August 31.

Realistically, I'd guess he has through the end of the weekend before the Phillies say they don't want him anymore.

He's not as bad as certain people are acting, but he's not enough of an upgrade that they should put up with him being overly reluctant.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Its going to depend on if he wants to play or not. Texas doesn't see him as an everyday player anymore.

vCash
    MY and his family must really love living in Texas if its taking so long to mull over an everyday starting gig in Philly

vCash
    Well is playing more really worth moving your family? He gets paid either way and Tex might have a better chance at the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    You're seriously saying baseball is unarguably more important than taking care of your dependents? I'm a bit of a narcissist and even I wouldn't try to make that argument.
    That's a grey statement with lots of room for interpretation. What I'm saying is that, at that time when Hampton was the most desirable FA SP on the market and was being courted by probably 6-8 teams, to say it came down to the school district (when you're about to sign a contract that would allow you to afford to send your kids to school on Mars) seemed disingenuous at best, and at worst made it seem like he didn't care about being competitive.

All things being equal? 3-4 similar deals to choose from and need something to tip the balance? By all means, visit the schools and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Technically? Until August 31.

Realistically, I'd guess he has through the end of the weekend before the Phillies say they don't want him anymore.

He's not as bad as certain people are acting, but he's not enough of an upgrade that they should put up with him being overly reluctant.
    This.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I'm an MY guy but I'd give him til 6pm Sunday then move on.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    too much time already. let's move on to youkilis or at least start kicking the tires. if young says no we will be left holding our dicks with a giant hole in our infield and too many holes in our lineup.

vCash
    To follow up on a previous comment, it's not clear that the Rangers don't see Young as a starter. What they do see is that they have a roster crunch and if they leave Young on the roster, Ron Washington WILL play him over better youngsters like Olt.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...hillies-today/

Well looks like the decision is about made.

Skins, Flyers, Phils and 76ers

vCash
    I will have to root for the Phillies secretly if he accepts. He is half my namesake afterall

vCash
    that and you are a Cowboys fan, so you are good in my book!!

vCash
    I have 3 cowboys on my fantasy team...rooting for them for the first time ever...chance to win over $300!
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast