Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Phillies Acquire Michael Young

7:10am: There are signs that Young would be willing to waive his no-trade rights and accept a move to Philadelphia, writes Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com.

12:55am: The Phillies' reported interest in Michael Young has picked up some steam, with Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reporting that the two sides are in "advanced talks."

In the proposed scenario, the Rangers would eat more than half of Young's $16MM salary to facilitate the trade, which would likely send a young Major League reliever and a low-level prospect back to the Rangers in exchange for the 36-year-old Young.

Young's name has dominated trade rumors in previous offseasons, but a move does seem more feasible now with just one year remaining on his contract and a potentially diminishing role in the Rangers' offense. Young received 651 plate appearances last season (his lowest total in a full season since 2002), batting .272/.312/.370 in the process. He saw time at all four infield positions, though Philadelphia would have interest in him as a third baseman.

Young, of course, has 10-and-5 rights after spending his entire 13-year career with the Rangers. As such, he'd have the ability to veto any trade the Rangers could attempt.
    Amaro.

Hey, at least Ender is gonna be happy.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    I'm hoping it's not De Fratus, but I'm ok trading pretty much any reliever for Michael Young a on a 1/$7.5 mil type contract. Seems like Youk doesn't want to come here and Young honestly is a lot better than the other alternatives.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    It looks like its all about the money. Youklis probably wants 10-12m and multiple years. The Phils have Ashe in the minors in waiting.

vCash
    Who is in waiting? I haven't heard of any 3B prospect waiting in our system.

I don't mind this as long as there's another bigger move coming. This can't be it. Like A-Team said, 1 year at 7mil for his upside is worth it considering the options. Frandsen can spell him and Young could also play 2B or 1B is needed. I like it

vCash
    Love the tag.

I'd rather have gotten him 3 years ago instead of Polly (what names were being discussed then as trade candidates? Any of them help us win a ring the last 3 seasons?), but I'll take him now over the rest of the slop out there. This deepens us significantly, allowing us to keep Frandsen and Galvis on the bench.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Can Young can even play a large amount of games at 3B anymore?

Phillies have Asche and Franco at 3B in the minors...Asche might be ready to play in a year.

vCash
    Barf. Guy couldn't even play 2B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Barf. Guy couldn't even play 2B
    It's a good, low cost, stopgap year option. Unless they are giving up a ton for him, this would be a solid move

vCash
    Played 25 games at 3B last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan1 View Post
    It's a good, low cost, stopgap year option. Unless they are giving up a ton for him, this would be a solid move
    Unless he sucks like he did last year and continues to blow in the field

vCash
    Phillies take outfielder Ender Inciarte from Diamondbacks
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/philad...QmUkJ5X1m4i.99

Can't fight fate, mother****ers.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I liked this idea a couple of years ago...but now....IDK
    I guess it's a low risk move

vCash
    I personally like the move, a lot. He's not what he used to be, and probably only has a year or two left in him, but he's more skilled than any guy we have on the roster right now. There werent many realistic options in FA this year, so it makes sense for the team as long as they didnt give up much for him. That being said, we still need to sign a top outfielder, or make a good trade for a top outfielder, or else next season is going to be a loss IMO. There just isnt enough quality hitting, and I dont think we can afford an outfield or Mayberry, Brown, Ruff, and any other random scrub. We need to atleast fill ONE outfield hole, and pray that the young guys come through.

vCash
    Young was a -1.4 fWAR last year
    Rather play Wigginton or Frandsen at 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Young was a -1.4 fWAR last year
    Rather play Wigginton or Frandsen at 3B.
    And that was as a DH

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast