Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    I like wolves deal better .

We get a back up pg ( either ridnour or barea).

a promising talent that ftis dantonis idea of a PF in derricj williams.

BUT; we would NEED to involve a third team in order to unload Pekovic on them ( we have no use for him with dwight here) and get a good SF too.

I want nothing to do with Raptors.

We ALREADY HAVE problems in DeFENSE.

JOses D is just a bit better than nash......wich is not much preciselly.

And bargs direly has NO D.

You are complainging about Paus D and being Soft?

Bargs plays 0 Defense and grabs ONE THIRD of the rebounds Pau can.
    Completely agree. Bargs is not the answer. People say Pau is soft... haha. I do like the idea of Derrick Williams but once again, I agree we need another piece and Pek is not it.

To those saying they like how Duhon is playing, I agree and I tried telling you guys he really excelled when he was with the Knicks and MDA was the coach.

-I just don't know if any of these traded would make us better. I'm hoping that when Pau comes back he is both mentally and physically healthy and ready to go to work. If that's the case, we will be fine. if not, then I guess we have to trade him for a few younger pieces.

In all honesty though, I can't think of a realistic dream trade involving Pau Aside from the obvious Kevin Love for Pau (but I doubt that happens haha)

vCash
    What most people on here are overlooking is that the lakers are not trying to trade gasol. He is still a top 20 player when healthy and his poor play thus far is likely NOT due to d'anatoni's system or because he has regressed, but to him being injured.

vCash
    The only reason I'd consider either of those two deals is that Pau can be damaged good and never return to his old self. I like us taking the risk to see if Pau gets better, but it's also a huge risk.

With he Toronto trade. We can bring Bargs off the bench and Hill will get more playing time. I can't stand Bargs though, I want nothing to do with him in our starting line up if this goes down.

Calderon
    Meeks
    Kleiza
    Bargs
    Hill

That's a solid bench right there.

Nash
    Kobe
    Metta
    Jamison
    Howard

Pretty good starting core.

vCash
    Pek, D Will, and AK47

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    Pek, D Will, and AK47
    Pek has great value, and we'd have to send him elsewhere. No point having Pek and Howard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Pek has great value, and we'd have to send him elsewhere. No point having Pek and Howard
    backing up Howard n allowing him to rest and jumping into the game in Hack a Howard situations would be nice.

I think I would actually swap AK47 for Barea instead.. solid shooter who would fit the system better

vCash
    All good things come to those who wait. Let's be patient

mamba24 Guest
    NO BARGNANI!!!!!!! The Toronto deal makes the offense great but gives the Lakers nothing on defense... In fact makes them worse. They need to wait! Let Pau and Nash play together. Pau is getting the rest he needs right now. Hopefully his knees get better.

vCash
    Lol @ some of these trade ideas.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Not sure if it has been posted yet but I guess this is the official offer we got from the raps and wolves:

"Raptors and Timberwolves have spoken to the Lakers about a possible trade for Gasol.
    Raptors would offer Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, and Linas Kleiza.
    Timberwolves would offer Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic."

which deal do you guys prefer?

vCash
    I am a firm believer in Gasol's play getting better when Nash comes back.

With that said, if it doesn't work out, I think getting Williams, Pekovic, Rid our, and a pick back for Pau is our ceiling. Its a very high ceiling though.

With Pen and the pick, we could make a package for monta Ellis, Afflalo, marshon brooks, or derozan (young athletic wing)

I think we could swing Pekovic, two firsts, and fillers for Derozan

Imagine:
    Nash - Kobe - MWP - Jamison - Dwight
    Rid our - Meeks - Derozan - Williams - Hill

Kobe wouldn't have to play as much...our bench would be a bunch of stallions. Derozan would win sixth man. And he could be our guard of the future.

I know management isn't going to make some half *** move if need be. They are going to get rid of Gasol for big time returns IF it happens. If Kupsack is serious about trading Gasol, we will definitely be getting a lot of young talent back. If Gasol is traded, I look for an immense return.

vCash
    No no no.

I am absolutely against trading Gasol. He is a great player that does whatever the team needs of him.

He is a great passer and shows that he feeds howard in the low post. Why would we want to give that up??? I don't see another big out there that can pass like Gasol outside of Tim Duncan.

Anyway, Gasol is in a slump and he's not fitting in because he's not getting touches where he is comfortable in creating offense. I'm sure when Nash comes back the pick n roll/fade offense will help him flourish and Howard as well. It's just Kobe will be the one crying, which will be good for the team because we all know what happens when kobe shoots 30 times in a game.

vCash
    No thanks on a lot of those deals. For the Lakers to trade Pau, they have to get something in return that makes them either better or close to the same in value. Pau can either get us another all star player and or good depth/role players to make us legit contenders.

If I had my say, I would keep Pau, unless LA could get someone like Josh Smith and a shooter like Korver from Atlanta. You don't just trade a guy like Pau Gasol, you lose a lot moving him.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    What most people on here are overlooking is that the lakers are not trying to trade gasol. He is still a top 20 player when healthy and his poor play thus far is likely NOT due to d'anatoni's system or because he has regressed, but to him being injured.
    I'm with you. Why trade Gasol at all? A lot of speculation on here is making out to seem like the Lakers really want him traded. I don't know but I know I don't. I still think his game is extremely valuable and think he'll do well when he comes back.

I think he lost a little confidence early on because of the injury issue and playing a different way. But like we've seen Dwight in the post a lot I still think we'll see Gasol there a lot. And if he's not getting it done with a certain matchup then you have Hill/Jamison.

vCash
    if we could get back AK-47 and Williams id consider it. (maybe throw in Barea also)
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast