Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Actually he reminds me more of T2(who also lacks speed) Hes a very physical corner.. Just saying speed isn't everything a dismissing a player because of it would be stupid..
    T2 is a slightly above average cover corner.... Speed isn't everything but look at the WR your asked to cover especially in the NFC east. T2 although is a good press corner, he gets burned by speedy recievers as well. If we were a cover 2 defense then I wouldn't mind drafting Banks. See a team like the Bears would be a perfect fit because he's a great zone corner and ball hawk!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    T2 is a slightly above average cover corner.... Speed isn't everything but look at the WR your asked to cover especially in the NFC east. T2 although is a good press corner, he gets burned by speedy recievers as well. If we were a cover 2 defense then I wouldn't mind drafting Banks. See a team like the Bears would be a perfect fit because he's a great zone corner and ball hawk!
    Actually he would fit Fewell's system pretty well and would give us a big boost in our zone defense..

vCash
    Actually he would fit Fewell's system pretty well and would give us a big boost in our zone defense..
    Not really, our defense is too complex and is predicated in cummincation and being at the exact right spot. Our veterians played in this for 3 seasons and they're still confused lol, a rookie will look lost like Hosley and Prince did but u maybe right

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Agreed BUT if Te'o falls out of the top 10 I do think the Giants should do everything in their power to move up for him. Te'o would be our franchise LB for a very long time..
    It's the same every year. You move up for one guy and lose out on another. It costs a fortune to move up for guys which cost a minimum for four years. Not to mention, MIKE'S are very hit and miss in this passing league. Besides kickers, MIKE's in the 4-3 are drafted the least in the first round for a decade. Don't reach

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    It's the same every year. You move up for one guy and lose out on another. It costs a fortune to move up for guys which cost a minimum for four years. Not to mention, MIKE'S are very hit and miss in this passing league. Besides kickers, MIKE's in the 4-3 are drafted the least in the first round for a decade. Don't reach
    Te'o isn't a miss by any means.. Guy will be a stud for a long time.. Either way I don't see him dropping out of the top 10..

vCash
    I hope we draft Isiah Trufant

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Not really, our defense is too complex and is predicated in cummincation and being at the exact right spot. Our veterians played in this for 3 seasons and they're still confused lol, a rookie will look lost like Hosley and Prince did but u maybe right
    actually NY007 is right bro, Fewell runs a "read-and-react" defensive scheme, which isn't ,very, complicated, and Banks as well as T2 would have been perfect designated corners for this scheme....but honestly I prefer Rhodes a bit more,a and just watching his junior highlights, his instincts and performance, specifically against a powerhouse offense like Clemson was very impressive, and has me leaning more towards Rhodes then Banks, but that's just my opinion...both are exceptional corners that the Giants should consider taking in the 1st-2nd round, but I'm gaining more interest into Ezekiel Ansah from BYU the more I hear about him being compared to JPP, and the Giants got to add some run-stuffers in this draft as well for DT
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Some players I'd really like that would be realistic.

Barrett Jones, DJ Fluker, Shayne Skov, Desmond Trufant.

vCash
    Te'o isn't a miss by any means.. Guy will be a stud for a long time.. Either way I don't see him dropping out of the top 10..
    (combing the last two responses) So missing out on another player b/c you trade up is better? Let's be honest, this is why a fan like Danny Boy Snyder failed so often. Like a fan, he kept trading away picks and signing players looking for that incredible talent and ended up in last place practically every year.

Those who wanted to trade up for McClain and CJ Spiller would have missed out on JPP

Those who wanted to move up for half a dozen players last season likley would have missed out on Randle.

Those who want to move up for Teo, will lose out on a 2nd rounder or stud player next season.

Once in a blue moon, likely a QB, you move up. IMO, Teo is a great leader and might be what this team needs to stay awake on a more consistent basis. He's a much better leader than a football player b/c of these rules. I would feel different if this was the 1980's. MIKE in a 4-3 is the least drafted position besides kicker for a decade for a reason (despite a "stud" practically every draft. Teo will likely be a starter but there are a lot of "stud" MIKE's who have turned out to be pretty ordinary in this league. Odd are against him on being a "stud" for a very long time. Look around the league.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    (combing the last two responses) So missing out on another player b/c you trade up is better? Let's be honest, this is why a fan like Danny Boy Snyder failed so often. Like a fan, he kept trading away picks and signing players looking for that incredible talent and ended up in last place practically every year.

Those who wanted to trade up for McClain and CJ Spiller would have missed out on JPP

Those who wanted to move up for half a dozen players last season likley would have missed out on Randle.

Those who want to move up for Teo, will lose out on a 2nd rounder or stud player next season.

Once in a blue moon, likely a QB, you move up. IMO, Teo is a great leader and might be what this team needs to stay awake on a more consistent basis. He's a much better leader than a football player b/c of these rules. I would feel different if this was the 1980's. MIKE in a 4-3 is the least drafted position besides kicker for a decade for a reason (despite a "stud" practically every draft. Teo will likely be a starter but there are a lot of "stud" MIKE's who have turned out to be pretty ordinary in this league. Odd are against him on being a "stud" for a very long time. Look around the league.
    You definitely have a lot of fair points, can't disagree with them by any means..

I just feel that Te'o is going to be a special player in this league..

vCash
    You definitely have a lot of fair points, can't disagree with them by any means..

I just feel that Te'o is going to be a special player in this league..
    If the Giants get him, I hope so. I could see Teo dropping as easily as I can see him taken in the top 10. I think it's an uncertainty in this league and we've seen some teams making some real reaches early so even if he goes in the top 10, I'm not sure he's a top 10 player with these rules. Time will tell way down the road IMO

vCash
    Dallas would snatch up Te'o right before the Giants pick..... if he falls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Dallas would snatch up Te'o right before the Giants pick..... if he falls
    No, they definitely wouldn't. Sean Lee and Bruce Carter are both very good football players.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007:24957739
    That's the same they said about Aaron Curry and Rolando McClain. Obviously draft BPA, but gimme a lineman on either side of the ball.

vCash
    theres something about teo thats different than mcclain and curry tho, he has the indescribable "it" factor that you can't teach. If he's there, no doubt they should snatch him, if he falls past 13/14, they should think about trading up.

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast